Santander Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Santander Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Santander

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Recruitment needs to follow up with people like they say they will. If you get an email saying "I'll follow up later this afternoon :-)" wouldn't you think that's a good sign? Well 4 emails and 2 voicemails later I got nothing. No one else to contact. Recruiter didn't seem too organized when I went in for the interview (didn't even have a business card to give another candidate). On top of that, I know others who got hired who have heard back from this specific recruiter.

A simple yes we'd like the continue or no at this time we feel you wouldn't be a good fit for this role would have been great but, nope.

Interview Questions

• Dumb question (I'm 27 and I was shocked to even hear them ask me this): How do you copy and paste on a computer?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Santander

Anonymous Employee in East Providence, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Santander (East Providence, RI) in February 2017.

Interview

You meet with two managers and then they give you a tour if all goes well you start a month training class. Prior to the training class they conduct the background check. theres another interview where they do an open house. you have a sit down with a manager and then if they like the answers you provided, your going to sit with theyre manager

Interview Questions

• describe an experience where you had to endure a yelling customer and how did you handle the situation   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santander (Sheffield, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

There were 2 main stages of the interview but there telephone screening. First is online assessment and maths test. So up to going to in for the in for the assessment to the site, you do get screened on telephone and get asked basic questions like you doing now? Have you got any holidays coming? Mainly ask about holiday because they don't want you missing training.
    Second was at the site in Sheffield which also had 3 stages involved like Role Play, Maths and data accuracy test and then competency face to face interview.

The process took about a week from online assessment up to me going to the second stage at their offices and there were 2 calls in between that week to make sure you still coming and screening.

In face to face interview they want you to use STAR model to answer your questions so that you can give as much detail as possible.
    Situation
    Task (What)
    Action (How and Where)
    Result

Interview Questions

• Where you had to make a difficult decision and howyou dealt with the situation?   Answer Question
    • Where you provided great customer service to someone who needed help?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santander in July 2017.

Interview

Online application then telephone interview and if you are successful in both you will be invited to a face to face interview . You are then given some numerical test questions and scenario questions too

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the future?
      Give an example when you showed exceptional customer service etc   Answer Question
    • Asked when will they let us know the outcome and feedback for interview   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Sheffield, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview started with a numerical test followed by a formal 1:1 interview with a manager and a role-play as I was applying to Santander's call centre. It took around 2 hours and was a straight forward and fairly positive experience

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santander (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, completed online assessment with math and scenario's questions. A week later received an email invitation for a telephone interview, it was easy 10 minutes - 3 competency questions. The same day I received an invitation for an assessment day. We had again math questions, after that role play and a one-to-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you had to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Santander (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Online tests followed by telephone interview and assessment day. telephone interview and face to face interview on the day were very similar. Also a role play assessment which is used to show empathy and tone. Very straight forward process with accommodating managers through the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to overcome difficulty within the workplace.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Group session with two short tests. One test on scenarios and one test on number recognition. Within group give short presentation on a banking scenarios customer based. Following this one short competency interview one to one basis, giving examples of good customer service and bad customer service.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you delivered good customer service?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bootle, Merseyside, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santander (Bootle, Merseyside, North West England, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Extensive, seemed excessive for the job. They asked us about pre-booked holidays, these were noted down, but when it came to actually getting the time off they did not honour the promise.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience of conflict
      Describe customer service situations you have been in .
      Telephone role play of a customer service situation   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

telephone interview and face to face interview. introduction to the company presentation, role play and a short formal interview with the manager.( few competency based questions and always ask questions when they ask you have you got any questions)

Interview Questions

• How can you excel your communication style?   1 Answer