Santander Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Santander Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Santander

2.0

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Santander in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call and a flimsy phone screen followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Had a productive 30 minute discussion that closed with an offer to have me come to Boston and meet the hiring team. Hiring manager said that there was no reason to draw the process out. Left the call with the impression that the onsite meeting was imminent. For this reason I let HR know that I would be in Boston in 10 days for a family event and could it be worked out so that this trip could be leveraged for the interviews. No response. Called the hiring manager directly as my travel dates approached. He clearly stated that there was a delay on their side and when asked directly assured me that I was still being considered. Checked back by email a couple of times with responses indicating a delay on their side. Haven't heard anything since but I just saw on linkedin.com that an internal candidate started in the role in May. I would have really appreciated some transparency going through the process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Santander

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santander (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Overall a very positive experience. Questions were related to my technical skill set and some behavioral type questions. Relaxed interview environment. Hiring manager was very helpful, the recruiter went above and beyond to make sure all my questions were answered. A very fair process.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from other candidates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were willing to work with me.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Standard interview process. However, unlike a lot of other companies Santander's process was outlined and very well defined. I was impressed. The internal HR recruiter had excellent follow up and communication. They did not leave you hanging in the wind wondering what was going on. All my questions were answered and they provided a great deal of information to help in making a decision to join the company. The onboarding process was automated and easy to use.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions surrounding experience and your individual thought process. They really what to know and focus on whether or not you can do the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Santander (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Two managers, one at a time. Second manager glared at me, was not prepared with my CV in hand, and did not seem to want to convince me that Santander is a good place to work, but rather he was trying to figure out why not to hire me. Strange and very old school at the least. Perhaps this is why they have earned such a negative reputation on the street as an employer and the reason the job has been vacant for six months? Worst interview I have experienced in 20+ years. (Post interview, I declined further interest.) I was underwhelmed.

Interview Questions

• How do you think transitioning from a small company to a large company based on chaos theory would work for you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Santander (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Just WOW, can’t believe this goes on in this day and age, especially in this hot Dallas IT recruitment scene. I went through a couple of rounds of phone calls, including with the hiring manager. I was brought on site for a half-day long interview, including with the CTO. He was about the most professional Executive I’ve had the pleasure of meeting. However, the hiring manager (supposedly an Executive as well) was a major jerk. One of the regrets I have is sitting through the 25 mins with her. How can a serious company allow a people manager to not have even basic intervening skills? She was so condescending, it was almost funny. I am glad she exposed the company culture. They disrespectfully wasted my entire day and set me up with a follow-up phone call that was a no-show on their end. No wonder they were having issues hiring someone for the role I was being recruited for. It was an absolute waste of time, no amount of money or designation is going to be worth the daily harassment that would have been in store.
    And oh by the way- one of the interviewers actually asked: “can you estimate the volume of this room?”- just WOW is what I have to say as I shake my head in disbelief just thinking about the dumb experience I had at Santander.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the volume of the room????   1 Answer

Director Interview

Interview

Basic Interview process

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Santander (London, England (UK)) in March 2010.

Interview

2 interviews, detailed questions on past experience and performance. Interview felt a little aggressive given organization is a effectively an old building society with few meaningful corporate clients and lacking a track record in Business Banking. Bulk of management appear to be cast offs from the shrinking larger players who have failed.

Interview Questions

• Explain why you have what it takes to work at Santander?   1 Answer

Arrogance of interviewers and general mis-perception of interviewer regarding Santander's position in the market.