Santander Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Santander

2.6

Sort:

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Santander.

Interview

Digital interview where you answer some pretty basic personal and database questions then an in person interview. Questions
    - Static objects
    - Explain inheritance
    - Know how to normalize database
    - Know how to do joins
    - Know something about software development process (agile)

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santander.

Interview

The first part of the interview began with a group interview. An IT manager asked us a series of questions that were easy to answer. The key to this exercise was to display your team work skills, as the questions asked were abstract and clearly did not have a specific answer. Next, each of us from the group left and interviewed individually with the same manager. In this interview, I was asked a series of generic behavioral questions that centered around my past work experience.

Interview Questions

• How much would you charge to wash every window in Montana?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I received an email from the executive recruiter that she would like to set up a phone interview. I responded back with a few times and the interview was set. 20 minutes before the interview she said she got called in to a meeting. We rescheduled and she sent another email saying here we go again I need to reschedule. I finally got the phone interview and it was maybe 20 minutes. She didn't even know the location of the center. I emailed her the following week and she said I was in the running to the next level and from that point she never responded to my email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Complete crap. Applied for the advertised role online and was contacted by their executive recruiter to conduct a flimsy phone interview (basically they want to know how much you make and how much you want, everything else is BS). I was invited onsite a couple weeks later and scheduled to meet with 4 folks. Only one person showed up and was nothing more than a courtesy speech from the hiring authority. Be aware, everyone works in a cubicle, even the senior level VP’s. Red flag.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Santander (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

Quick, spoke with 4 people. General questions. No red flags during the process. They tried to be fully transparent but they did not understand some relationships between IT and the Business. Not intentional.

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Reading, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview with hr. Interview with district executive. Interview with regional vp. He exec was most in depth. De and up was easy. Normal questions like how you deal with tea members who are low performing,etc. De interview seemed glossed. Looking for a body basically. Regional vp was arrogant. He asked why I had the privilege to be speaking with him. That was the only question that surprised me. I was also asked for my sales pitch for myself. Long process!!!!!!!

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Santander in June 2013.

Interview

Telephone interview. The interview was cold. There was no personalization and the questions were basically a review of my resume. They did not ask pertinent questions that most employers in the same field have asked. They did not allow for a true flow of communication.

Interview Questions

• What are your current job duties.   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Santander.

Interview

HR phone interview, DE interview, Regional manager and HR director

Interview Questions

Negotiation

just ask for what you think you deserve and consider bonus and benifits

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meriden, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Santander (Meriden, CT) in May 2018.

Interview

Had a computerized assessment for position, didn't see person as a whole but just another number. They had irrelevant questions for the position. They were talking about putting things in order which made no sense for this position. This wasn't based on the industry or what the job responsibilities were or would be.

Interview Questions

• Spoke about airline parts and how long it would take someone.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Santander (King of Prussia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Setting up and arranging the interview was easy however the actual interview was horrible the manager who interviewed me was in his cell phone the entire time, he had just finished eating lunch as he had food all over his tie and he was an hour and a half late.

Interview Questions

• What is customer service to me   1 Answer