Santander Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Santander

2.6

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Randolph, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santander (Randolph, NJ).

Interview

Fair normal compare to other banks. First the online application then spoke with recruiter on the phone lastley meet with district executive and regional president. The recruiter reach back a few days after with an offer of employment.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Santander in March 2017.

Interview

No structure. Just 5 minutes in a room. Obviously not comfortable with interviewing people. Once I worked for the guy it all made sense. Turns out the guy was an idiot like most people who work there.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Santander (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back and casual setting . I went to an open house an met with a couple managers. It was a very fast and simple process . i got an offer the very next day .
    Drug test was not required but they did a full background check, they also require you to complete a long and redundant online assessment.

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Santander (Staten Island, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

It was just set in a room a district manager, 2 current branch operation managers and a regional operations manager. We all sat down in a room and we all talked about current problems that were going on and how I would handle it. They also talked more into sales and customer service

Anonymous Employee in Mount Holly, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Santander (Mount Holly, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied 12/6/2015. Initial phone interview w/ recruiter 12/7/2015. 2nd interview with Branch Manager on 12/16/2015. Recruiter called me back 12/8 to set up 3rd interview with District Executive for 12/18. Both in person interviews lasted about an hour. They were very personable and professional. Gave me a clear understanding on the position. Explained expectations. Last interview was 12/18, 3 hours after interview I was called with an offer. Very easy process. Loved it !

Interview Questions

• How do coach staff that may not be performing well with branch sales goals?   1 Answer
    • How will you handle pushback from employees if they give you a hard time for being new ?   1 Answer
    • How will you manage so many different personalities?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was easy. They offered a very good salary so I did not need to negotiate.

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santander.

Interview

They found me through Monster.com. I then went in for a interview with the branch manager. After I got hired I had to go to a fingerprint location register my fingerprints.

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Santander (Phila, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

it was nothing I had experienced before, my reputation alone sold itself, they were asking me why I should work for them and how much perks I can earn and that they are better than others.

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Santander (Woburn, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

it was very brief. I was asked couple general questions about my experience. Recruiter called 2 hours after interview and offered a job. I even was able to negotiate couple dollars up from original offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i was able to negotiate up couple dollars per hour.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Santander.

Interview

Laid back. The manager of a branch interviewed me in her office. This was after I had been called by a recruiter and had a brief phone interview with him.

Interview Questions

• In this profession, we ask customers to tell us pretty personal things: income, social security, future financial plans, etc. How able are you to speak to complete strangers and sell a product that requires sensitive information?   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Miami, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

A friend recommended me and they called me a week later, telling me they were interested in interviewing me. A week later I went to their office and got interview by the HR recruiter and after her I got interview by 2 members of the team on which I was going to work on. 4-5 days later they gave me the answer

Interview Questions

• Very straight forward, my experience, how could I add to the position. They want to know you and see if you fit with the team and the work environment. They also love to hear you are thirsty for learning.   Answer Question