Santander Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Santander

1.0

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Santander (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

HR recruiter found me on Indeed. That told me she was looking at an older resume. I sent her an updated resume. Got a phone interview with the hiring manager in Boston, MA. When I came in for the in-person interview, the manager interviewing me spent a lot of time telling me how difficult it was for her to work with the senior manager. She also asked about my car and told me how she would never take public transit. This was a real red flag since Boston has a very strong public transit system. The manager had me meet with the senior manager who asked me to sit in a child's chair. This allowed the senior manager to look DOWN at me and reinforced the junior level of the job. The manager told the senior manager that I am perfect fit for the job because I have a background in operations. This was an immediate red flag and told me the manager did not understand my financial resume. So I just sat there in the little children's chair, while the manager talked to the senior manager about my "qualifications" for the job. It was clear that this was a very junior level job. The manager tried to get me to meet another senior manager and he did not want to meet with me (red flag). A few weeks later, I got an offer on the phone for a really low, junior level pay of 88K and the HR recruiter (she was a contract recruiter) told me the job would be in Farmingham, MA (which has very little public transit). I told the HR recruiter I was looking for about 120K and she said that is what the manager makes and I can not make more than the manager. So, they had me interview for a very junior level job. A week or so later, I got a formal job offer via an encrypted attachment that I could not open. The job was suppose to start on Jan 26, 2015 and fortunately, on that day, I got another job offer from the District of Columbia government for 120K. I could never open the encrypted attachment so I could not accept the Santander job offer. Total red flag indicating serious problems at the bank. Indeed the bank failed the Federal Reserve capital adequacy test recently. Don't apply here. Recruiting fails.

Interview Questions

• No questions except a discussion about why the interviewing manager would never use public transit.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Santander

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santander (Madrid (Spain)) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was around 7 minutes. I go in and I go out. I thought that I was out of the role. But it looks like it was decided before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about your self?   1 Answer