Santander Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Santander Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Santander

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Dorchester, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Dorchester, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Efficient and comprehensive - Started with a posting online that I applied for. I was contacted about 3-6 days later by a recruiter. We had an initial conversation. After the recruiter talked to the hiring manager we set up an initial phone interview, which led to an in-person interview with the hiring manager and a counterpart. That all took a couple weeks. A couple weeks later I was brought in for a second round of interviews with other coworkers, taking about 2-3 hours.
After a couple more weeks I received a verbal and then written offer which I accepted, and started a couple weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle adversity and communication challenges?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Santander

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Santander (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a Project Manager position and I agreed to have my resume submitted. I was scheduled the same day my resume was submitted for a phone interview the next day. The hiring manager was to contact me at my home at a certain time. I received the call an hour and a half early asking if we could do the interview earlier. I was under the impression that meant right then but no, the person would call me back in ten minutes to which I agreed. I was a little put off with this as my recruiter should have been the one to change anything (my opinion). Regardless, over twenty, not ten, minutes later I received the call. I was considering rescheduling or cancelling altogether as twice now presentation was less than desired, but I went on ahead with the interview against my better judgement. The interview questions could be perceived as tough however, if you have only ever done Agile, you will be fine. It wasnt so much the questions as the demeanor used to ask them. At one point during the interview as I was talking, there was laugher from the other end. I assume someone was in the office or someone had walked in, either way, NOT professional and strike three. I made sure to clear all of my distractions and same should have been done on the other end. At this point, which was 15 minutes in, I checked out of the interview. I do not expect an offer or any other option to interview further and if I do receive any I will decline. Not impressed with Santander at all. Extremely condescending and arrogant and I could not imagine ever working there.

Interview Questions

• Explain a user story, regression testing, functional testing, velocity. Know Agile method in and out. Was also given a hypothetical web page project and had to explain the project in detail - every phase and resources that would be used - think Agile only.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santander (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

A bad experience all around! I interviewed in June at the main Boston campus. They have candidates wait in a dingy front room that seats 3 people then you are escorted upstairs through a work area with cubicles into a conference room where you sit (or stand due to crowd) and wait with other candidates. One was a prior employee, another a prior consultant and they were not treated any better. Other candidates were a mix of experience level and type of position they were interviewing for. Several young candidates didn't even know how many or which positions they were interviewing for! I was supposed to interview with 2 managers but met with only one, as the other supposedly got called in for a meeting. HR rep assured me I would hear back in a week or two. I never heard back from HR at all. Very unprofessional HR folks.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Boston, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

1-on-1 interviews with 3 people - a member of the team, the manager and senior manager. Each interview lasted about 45 minutes, but the senior manager interview went for about 90 minutes - the person had a lot to say!

Interview Questions

• 1) how do you handle communication on a project
      2) talk about a project that didnt go so well and how did you manage it
      3) talk about project management style and examples of working with others
      4) talk about risk management
      5) talk about leadership and expectations from leadership   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Santander (Dallas, TX) in January 2019.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was pretty easy. Interview with the hiring manager and a peer. The questions were easy and straightforward. They made me give an analogy on how to manager.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Santander (Leeds, England (UK)) in August 2008.

Interview

First round of competency interview with 2 Programme managers. Then i had second round competency interview with Programme manager and HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time when you managed a project from start to finish   1 Answer
    • how do handle a difficult situation   1 Answer

Negotiation

tough