Santander Relationship Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Santander Relationship Banker Interview Questions

Interviews at Santander

2.5

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santander.

Interview

Received an email on June 7th 2017 asking if I was still interested in the Relationship Banker position as I applied for a week or 2 prior. Recruiter set up interview the following day for 10:30am. 10:30am came and went. I sent a follow up email the next day inquiring why the interview did not take place-was told they had to be out of the office. She asked if I was available that day (Friday) or Monday. I responded that I was available for either. She set up the interview for 10am that Monday. Shocker- 10am Monday came and went. I emailed her 2 hours our "interview time" wondering what was going on as this was the SECOND interview blown off. She said she had called but it went to voicemail. Sorry honey, but I sat here waiting and waiting- you never called. I asked to confirm the number they called, she just responded with "am I available right now" Not confirming the number is a clear indicator they did not call. I told her I was all set as she clearly does not respect me or my time. Today, I received an email from her again (the same email I received when she first reached out about the position) "Hello! Thank you for your application! Are you still interested in a Relationship Banker position?" Ummmmmm ARE YOU SERIOUS???????????? Note- I am tagging this as Yes, but I declined the offer because I would more than likely been hired for the position if.....they just picked up the phone and called.

Interview Questions

• They have to actually call to ask the questions, but I can only imagine.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Santander

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santander in April 2017.

Interview

2 people with simple sales questions. Very friendly and fun to go through. Just be open and honest and you'll have no problem. Have examples of when you went above and beyond to help a customer.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult customer? What will you bring to the company?   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Santander.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to set up a phone interview a couple of months later. The recruiter was very friendly, went over my background and allowed me to ask questions. She told me which branches had openings in her district. She told me someone would call me the next day to set up an in person interview, and she emailed me with the name of the person who would call as well as the person who I would interview with. She also told me to feel free to reach out to her with any questions. I didn't get a call the next day, but I didn't think anything of it. I let a few days go by before I tried calling the recruiter and I got her voicemail every time. I sent her an email two weeks after my phone interview and she apologized for the delay, saying that she had been away and now the executive I was meant to meet with was now away. She said someone would call as soon as he returned. A month later, I received an automated rejection email.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Santander (Madison, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

Met with a recruiter was positive experience nice guy. The interview was long i spent about 50 minutes discussing my background my experience and much more. Very comfprtable and great experience.

Anonymous Employee in Methuen, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Methuen, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

Very easy process from start to finish. If they see you have better qualities for another position they reach out to you for another interview. All were very nice and professional. If you have banking experience the interview process will be easy for you.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Edison, NJ) in December 2017.

Interview

the recruiter called me on friday, asked me some questions about my skills and it was easy and short. She then sent me and e - mail with the hiring manager info. I had my second interview in less than a week. it took about one hour but it was easy and the manager was very nice. then two weeks after, I met with the executive manager who was so nice as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult or angry customer and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wenham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Wenham, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process started well with Santander contacting me and asking me to have a phone interview. After the phone interview they told me I was an ideal candidate so they wanted me to come in for an interview. 3 weeks go by and i don’t hear back from them. Finally I hear back, and they transfer me over to someone else. That takes another two weeks. Finally I schedule another interview and I come in to interview with the branch manager and district manager. The branch manager was cocky and acted like he was far better than me. The district manager told me I was not qualified for the position. At the end, they said they liked me. This was the worst interview process I have ever been. An extremely poor operating system. This company has terrible recruiting.

Interview Questions

• What types of situations have you been in where a customer is upset?   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Santander in January 2017.

Interview

It was more of a conversation about my experience, what I wanted to do and where I wanted to be in couple of years. Asked about problem solving and how to manage your clients.

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santander.

Interview

They required an assessment prior to an interview and that shut the door on a possible interview within the next 6 months. I will continue looking elsewhere. Would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• The Assessment was asking about your old manager's opinion and not as neutral as is should have been which made me not like the position as much as before taking it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Newark, NJ) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone interview scheduled via email. 15 mins. Polite woman. The conversation went well. Was invited to the second interview with the branch manager which was scheduled on a phone call.

Interview Questions

• You have a different professional background. Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer