Sapient Interview Questions in Bangalore, India | Glassdoor

3.5

67 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sapient (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Got call from company HR, scheduled interview within a week.
    Attended interview with experienced team lead.
    Attended one round of interview. was told to leave for the day, it was meant i didn't do well.

Interview Questions

• Questions on core java, Spring, hibernet, singelton, thread, collection.   Answer Question

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sapient (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Was crisp and to the point, conducted by experienced people in the domain. A senior person conducted the interview (unlike other companies where junior and inexperienced people conduct interviews). The entire recruitment process is a good one. I got a bouquet of flowers and was called for lunch with my prospective manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No scope for negotiation

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sapient (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was given a case study , as mentioned in other reviews here, and was asked to prepare an end to end Program management schedule , with additional questions on Program testing schedule, project plan for initial migration & how to tackle scheduling/syncing issues.
    Supplementary questions include how you will setup the engagement/governance model, and the approach taken.
    Time suggested was 45 minutes, although I got barely that much time since the interview was delayed due to traffic.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think the customer wants to spend money on this program?
      Explain in detail how you approached the problem.
      What are the assumptions made while drawing up the project plan
      How do you tackle issues as given in the case study? Do you foresee any additional issues which you might have faced in your career?
      What technologie(s) do you suggest and why?
      Each question in the case study sample was to be elaborated. The suggestion by HR was to draw it out on the given board, with additional details planned /written on paper sheets.   Answer Question

Manager, Program Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sapient (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

3 rounds in one day, very efficient process, first was domain round, second was attributes round where they see your fitment and third is closing and salary
    they provided conveyance to and fro Sapient office which was a great experience

Senior Associate Technology Level II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sapient (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a direct call from Sapient Gurgaon. They told that it was a very urgent requirement in Big Data and they scheduled the interview the very next day. The interviewer grilled me for 1 hour asking all the questions from almost all the hadoop ecosystem and Spark in detail.It was a very difficult interview. Anyhow I have cleared this round as Gurgaon HR informed me next day. It was telecon. They scheduled the second round aka managerial round and they told this was the final round. One of the Hrs from Gurgaon also coached me for what kind of HR questions could be asked. But the tragedy or worthlessness of this organization had started from this second round interview. First there was a total chaos regarding connecting to the interviewer. They cross connected to a different interview for a while. I was in Bangalore. And after Gurgaon team failed to connect Bangalore team called me for the rescue. After all the interview has happened.

Alas!!!! was this a managerial interview??? The person only asked some very basic stuffs about Big Data and mostly normal project, estimation and process related things. And in the end he asked about my notice period and if I had any other offer. It was neither a technical interview nor a managerial interview. And from the interview I did not feel that guy as a senior manager or director.May be a project head in big data.

But after that there was no communication from HR. So I mailed them again. To my astonishment she replied that I have not cleared the technical round. I again mailed her stating that she only informed me about the clearance of technical round and there would be no further technical round after clearing this one. So which technical round she has referred to???? She asked me to share my mobile no. I did. But there was no call from her side. Are these good-for-nothing HR in Sapient, Gurgaon sleeping or day dreaming in the working hours so that they even forgot about the status of the 1st round technical interview(what happened only 2 days back) and mixed all the things altogether to create a hodgepodge? It does not give any good impression about this company. Now I can understand why many of my friends quit Sapient within joining in a month or so.

This is a most frustrating interview process I have ever faced. The "aggressiveness" from Sapient HR(especially in Gurgaon) needs to be properly groomed so that they won't create this kind of mess and did not frustrate prospective future employees.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sapient (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through College placements.
    The1st round was an online test consisted of 4 sections in total. They were :-
    Verbal Ability - 15 Questions - 25 Minutes
    Qualitative Ability - 25 Questions - 35 Minutes
    Computer Programming - 25 Question - 35 Minutes
    Logical Ability - 25 Question - 35 Minutes
    The Second round was a face-to-face technical interview .The interviewer asked programming questions and also puzzles.The interview went about an hour.Questions like the followng were asked
    -Write a function that take a binary tree(root node), and two of its node as its argument and returns the value true if the two given node of the tree are cousins (There are at the same level) ,false otherwise.
    -Implement a ‘size’ fuction that returns the number of bytes occupied by a data type(without using sizeof() fuction)
    The Third round was Managerial Round/HR Round.Normal HR questions like, tell me about your self, Why do you want to join Sapient etc.Managerial questions like write the complete software development lifecycle(This took a good 40 min),How should requirements be collected from client efficiently etc. were asked.
    The Third round took about 40 min.

Interview Questions

• Given a array of characters, count the total number of repeated characters(Do this in O(1) space and O(n) Time)

Ex:a[]={a,a,b,c,d,b,a,c,e} then answer= 3 (a,b and c are repeated).   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was neither easy nor too hard. I applied as a .NET Trainer. Total 5 rounds were conducted.

First two were from Recruitment leadership and later 3 were by Practice Leadership.

The process was well defined, which I admire. One must be prepared for such interviews.

for 4th and 5th round of leadership interview I was called face to face, of which they paid me the airfare and cab.

The process was exhaustive.

Interview Questions

Only one thing that I was not really convinced was after completing all interviews, within 10 minutes they offered me, but said that they cannot offer me manager designation. I was disappointed by this, as I wasted my lot of time.
    From beginning they said they are looking for manager, and after lengthy process if anyone says I am not fit for that post, but one lower post (Associate level 2 which they offered me) then there is a chance of suspect.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sapient (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

I had a total of 3 rounds.
    1. Telephonic interview- The first time this was scheduled, it got cancelled at the last minute(literally) citing lack of availability of tech panel. (Although they send you a mail saying you must inform them 48hrs in advance if you can't attend for some reason! Irony!) It was scheduled 2 days later and the round was of average difficulty. The interviewer was polite and patient. Questions were on HTML CSS JS OOJS and AngularJS
    It went on for about an hour. I was informed that I cleared this round and I will have to attend the system test next.

2. System test - 90 minutes time is given to identify the bad practices in the code and to make it scalable. If time is insufficient, you can note down what other changes you would make given more time. Things like how you organize the code, make it responsive, use services and move the data to the server and use promises, table sort, add glyphicons etc. (I was provided access to internet).
    The requirement was ambiguous wasn't very specific.

Sapient provides cab facilities to their interview candidates. My expectations on their treatment of interview candidates as a result was somewhat high which changed after reaching this place. The test was scheduled to begin at 9. Did not begin till 10. The HRs were late. After the test ended at 11:30 I asked the HR what time the next round will be. The thing here is the HRs behave to be super busy. I mean like there is a rocket-launch-about-to-happen busy. She did not even stop to answer my query and asked me to wait. Sandwiches were provided for lunch. At about 1:30 I went up to ask if the interview was going to happen same day as I was the only UI developer candidate there. She said yes and asked me to wait. 10 minutes later she told panel will need an hours time to get there and asked me whether I wanted to have the next round on same day ! After making me wait unnecessarily for 2 hours! Not that I want to speak ill about Sapient, (the facilities provided are good in comparison), However, the HRs attitude brings a bad impression about this company.
    Really unprofessional to call a candidate at 9am and to say that panel wont be available till 2:30pm.

3. F2f technical - So I travelled for 2 hours to this place only to find out it would be a skype interview. The call was unclear at times and I usually have headphones on when I give such interviews but no such facility here. I had to ask the interviewer to repeat certain things and it pretty much started on a bad note due to this. Unlike the telephonic interviewer this person was rude. He asked mostly OOJS in depth. I told him I hadn't worked extensively on OOJS yet he continued on the same. The other questions I could answer. Nothing asked on bootstrap or angular. Entire time I could only think of when the interview would finish and I could just leave as on wrong answer he was a bit rude and it was somewhat humiliating. More than assessing what the candidate knew it felt like he wanted to show off what he knew.

The HR did not personally inform me or provide any feedback. The receptionist yelled out from the other end that I could leave for the day. Very very unprofessional. Haven't seen this kind of attitude elsewhere !

Overall, I found it to be a negative experience. Make sure your OOJS concepts are very strong else it can be somewhat embarrassing if you get an interviewer like the one I got.

Interview Questions

• Sorting arrays, objects, looping over an array of objects, etc
      OOJS in depth   Answer Question

Senior Associate QA L1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sapient (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

First I was asked to answer an online test which was not very difficult.Anyone who have worked on Automation tool can answer the question easily.
    After clearing the online test, I was called for a technical interview at the Sapient office in Bangalore.
    Technical round was also good.
    Next day got call from HR for CTC discussion.
    Must say that, I have never seen such an adamant HR before. They will never move from there stand a bit also.
    After 3 rounds of telephonic discussion, I agreed on anything above(I really meant any amount...10k,20k....) what they were offering me.
    She said she will let me know and never came back.
    I think they do not hire HR from business schools rather from some fish market.

Interview Questions

• How much you are expecting?   1 Answer

Associate Technology L2 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sapient (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at Sapient in March 2016. I gave 3 rounds of interview including online test. I cleared all the rounds. They scheduled my technical round at 11:30 am but it happened at 05:30pm.

Interview Questions

• Q:Where the replication agents are configured in aem?   1 Answer