Sapient Global Markets Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.9

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sapient Global Markets (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I got the interview through campus application system. It was a very basic behavioral interview. The interviewer was based in NY office and the interview was conducted via Skype. The interviewer asked questions based heavily on my resume about my past experience, such as AI, and my interest in some topics.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient Global Markets (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

2 Rounds. One on campus , next was onsite.
    Round 1: Basic Java questions and resume review
    Round 2: Onsite interview consisted 4 rounds, 2 technical , one group discussion , one behavioral.

Interview Questions

• What difference did you feel when given a lead role from your previous responsibility ?   Answer Question

Manager On the CCAR Team of A Wall Street Bank Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient Global Markets (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Call from HR recruiter to schedule phone interview with partner. Phone interview was about 10 minutes and partner said he wanted me to meet the rest of the team. Conveyed that information to the recruiter afterwards and sent him a thank you note via the HR recruiter. Got a request to interview with the senior manager for a job using my CCAR background. Had phone interview with her on Tuesday about 4:30pm. We talked about my background in CCAR and she said the job is for one month. She said that I am a perfect fit for the job and I thanked her. Interview ended and I reported it to the HR recruiter and sent a thank you note to her via the HR recruiter. On Friday evening, about 5:30pm, I called the senior manager on the phone to thank her for her time and ask if she needed more information. This was a polite follow up because she indicated on the phone that she wanted to fill the one month position immediately. I got her on the phone and told her why I was calling, and she just said "goodbye" and hung up. Next day, Saturday, I got a turn down email from the HR recruiter. She said I should not have called the senior manager on the phone. I think that is unreasonable given the in-demand CCAR background I have plus the short term of the job which does make it hard to fill. I was just being polite and trying to show interest, and she got very upset. Red flag. You would not want to work with a senior manager who does not appreciate a polite follow up. The correct response from her should have been: "Thank you for calling. I appreciated your time on Tuesday and our team will get back to you soon." Do not apply here. Recruiting fails means firm will not fill jobs very easily. This is a third tier consulting firm that is just not worth your time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background (means senior manager does not have any questions - she spent most of the conversation talking about the job.)   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sapient Global Markets (New York, NY).

Interview

WARNING - they are extremely disorganized and unprofessional in their NY office recruitment process. Do not invest your time unless 1 - HR will confirm the position is an approved headcount 2 - HR rep communicates your salary expectations in advance to the business 3 - HR will tell you who the hiring manager is versus the hiring manager is an interview panel and they collectively are negotiating your salary and title with you. They have no qualms about wasting their time and yours.

See description above

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient Global Markets (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview consisted of two rounds--first round was a brief, 30-minute on-campus interview consisting of basic questions about my interest in the company, my background, etc. After being accepted to the second round, there was also a psychometric test administered online. The second round was held on a Saturday and lasted for four hours. It began with a brief presentation, followed by three 45-minute rounds, consisting of an in-depth behavioral interview, a 45-minute written case (to be presented on a whiteboard), and a 45-minute presentation of your solution. (Note that the order varies, though the case obviously comes before the presentation.) The last portion was a group exercise solving a non-business problem in front of a panel of directors and managers.

Junior Program Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sapient Global Markets (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Very well organized and structured interview process. Very stringent and tiring hiring process but an enjoyable one.

Interview Questions

• Focusses on behavioral aspects so one really cannot lie much and has to honestly respond to questions to not get caught on the wrong foot.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Setup your expectations at the beginning and justify the same correctly in the end.

Business Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient Global Markets (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

They have 2 rounds of interviews, 1st round was conducted on campus. Very simple, all behavioral questions, no case interview. Then invited to a 2nd round interview.

By this point I had a lot of other interviews set up and didn't really prep specifically for theirs and did not have any experience with case interviews. They put you in a room by yourself with a packet of data and tell you that you have 45 minutes to put together a presentation, then the interviewer comes in after 30 minutes and tells you that you need to get started with your presentation and puts you on the spot.

Case wasn't very complicated, efficiency case, but I missed a labor saving technology aspect that the interviewer was really harping on.

After the individual case, you have another behavioral interview followed by a group case where all of the candidates have to come up with answers to a case together.

Interview Questions

• Not too difficult, just the stunt they pull with the time can throw people off   Answer Question

Associate, Business Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient Global Markets (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied through my school's OCR. The interview process consisted on a 30-minute, on-campus interview followed by a Super Saturday that lasted approximately four hours. The latter part of the interview included a group presentation, a technical case interview, and an unstructured behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you quit something. Why? What did you learn? Would you do it again?   Answer Question

I received a more competitive offer in a different field.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Sapient Global Markets (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

The Super Day was interesting. You get a case study, another case study with a group, and a feedback session.

Manager of Information Architecture Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient Global Markets (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Process began with 2 HR screens followed by a phone screen with a director. I sent in a few portfolio items and then was contacted by HR to come in for an in person interview.

The interview was broken up into 3 parts: personality attributes, portfolio review, and closing conversation.

It was a nice format and I met a variety of people that would be on my team. The interview process was structured but friendly. It allowed me to take my time and focus my answers. I felt confidant that my skills would match appropriately, I would be challenged in my daily work, and I would find growth in my colleagues.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly open ended and specific to my SME skills, or consultant skills.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Friendly and transparent- I felt conformable stating my needs and listening to their requirements. They answered all my questions in a timely and thoughtful manner. The overall experiences made me feel confidant in the quality of organization I would be joining.