Sapient Interview Questions in India | Glassdoor

Sapient Interview Questions in India

Updated Feb 9, 2017

3.3

Software Tester Interview

Interview

it an on campus interview .Contain about 3 rounds first is online test, second was tech and third was HR.
    About 20 team member of sapient team come to take interview and finally they take 22 student out of 80 student who cleared test.Before Interview they give a brief explanation about there company after which they divide student in group and start taking interview in parallel. Those who cleared tech round are sent to next HR round.

Interview Questions

• difference between oops N procedure language?
      why sapient? Do you want to become tester?
      difference between java and c++?
      Do you given any other interview? why was you rejected?
      Give a brief intro about yourself?

Manager, Program Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sapient (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

3 rounds in one day, very efficient process, first was domain round, second was attributes round where they see your fitment and third is closing and salary
    they provided conveyance to and fro Sapient office which was a great experience

Fresher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sapient.

Interview

It was a day long process. There were three rounds.
    (i) Aptitude round
    (ii) Technical Interview
    (iii) HR

technical round includes puzzle and technical stuffs.

overall the interview process was well defined and perfect.

Interview Questions

• PUZZLE, PROGRAM (any language), TECHNICAL STUFFS (dbms,os,oops...etc)   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greater Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sapient (Greater Noida (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

I apply through college it was online test first, then we were given a date for next interview process
    online test includes technical and quantitative it was the 1-hour test after that those who were selected were given dates for interview.
    the questions include basic c and c++ knowledge only.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself
      what is the difference between c and c++
      where you see yourself in next 5 years
      some puzzles
      given 2-3 programs to write
      Fibonacci series , recursion

Negotiation

Senior Associate Technology - L1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sapient (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

The interview consisted of 4 rounds. First there was a written round. Question consisted of medium level mcq on core Java.
    Round 2 was an coding exercise. Here we need to design a system like a fee calculator system or movie ticket booking application system . Here the candidate is expected to use good design principles and coding standard. The exercise is of three hours.
    Round 3 was a technical discussion. Question was mostly on core Java. Almost all topics were covered like collection hash map working equal hash code contract, basic SQL queries like Employee manager table, employee incentive table and student marks table, serialization , logging , threading , producer consumer, semaphore , count down latch etc.
    Last round was a managerial round . This is an important round so don't take it lightly. Here basic. Managerial ques like strength weakness, any achievement conflict etc are asked bit do prepare your answer well.

Interview Questions

• Hash map
      Equal hash code
      Linked list loop
      Min heap
      Threading concurrent package

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sapient (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

Not very professional, interviewer was interrupted on his break by the volunteer escorting me & seemed in a bad mood throughout. Kept interrupting mid sentence.
    Asked me to rate my programming skills, when i replied 7-8 out of 10 preceeded to ignore it completely. Asked me why i wanted to join the sector (I'm a ece student), didn't seem satisfied with my answer & kept advising me to join my own sector.

Trainee Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sapient (Vellore (India)).

Interview

Sapient Corporation had come to our campus for recruitment. Both the divisions Nitro and Global Markets were involved in the recruitment process. The first round was an online test conducted by AMCAT which covered quants, verbal, logical questions and one section consited of technical questions covering mainly C,OOPs concepts,Data Structures, output of code snippets etc. Advice will be to give your best in this round as this is the major round where most of the elimination occur.

If shortlisted then Sapient conducted two rounds of interviews:- One Technical and One HR.

Technical Interview covers questions from DSA, OS, DBMS concepts , Snippet Codes, Questions regarding projects mentioned in your resume ( make sure you are crystal clear with your projects because they might go in depth ) and some logical puzzles and even rapid fire technical questions like what is Stack,Queue and their real life applications , how many traversals are there in trees, complexities of sorting algorithms etc.

For this round keep your basics clear that's all

HR round is basically to test whether you fit in the Sapient environment or not and comprises mainly of standard HR quesitons like why should we hire you, what do you know about sapient, team work or individual performance. You can expect logical puzzles also but doesn't matter if you get them wrong as it's more on the sotuations and stress questions that they focus on. Easy to clear if you be yourself and not pretend anything

Interview Questions

• Find middle of linked list   Answer Question
    • Check for loop in a linked list   Answer Question
    • Project based questions (algorithms and design architecture based mainly )   Answer Question
    • Logical Puzzle: Arrange seven balls in six does such thar we have three balls in each row   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sapient (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Got a call from sapient global pvt ltd.

Gone through a technical round.

First round was mostly on core java(overriding, ref by val, ), class interface design, threading..

Question asked in threading was deep like semaphore, countdownletch.. etc.

how to log the exception thrown from run method .

Interview Questions

• If three thread t1, t2, t3 are running at a time how to make sure thread t3 end at last after completion of t1 t2.   1 Answer
    • Since run method does not throw exception how to log checked exception occurred while executing a thread.   1 Answer

Trainee Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allahabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Allahabad (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through my college.
    First round was an online test that constituted of 4 sections( Verbal, Quant, Logical Reasoning and Technical)

From the entire batch 7 students were shortlisted for the next round( Technical Interview )
    The questions in the tech interview ranged from low to medium difficulty. A lot of puzzles were asked.
    Mostly the famous ones.

After this round 3 students were shortlisted for the next round(Attribute Interview)
    This was basically an HR interview that tested how good of an asset to the company you could be.
    Mainly tested your communication skills, leading capabilities, team management and the way your thinking process works.

All the interviews were Skype interviews.

All of the three candidates were given the job offer!

Interview Questions

• Rope puzzle   Answer Question
    • 3 switches and a light bulb puzzle   Answer Question
    • Man drops in a well. On a given rope he climbs 4 m in a day and descends 3 m at the end of the day.
      How many days will he take to complete the ascend if the depth of the well is 30 m?
      Answer Question
    • How will you copy one table to another table completely?(SQL)   Answer Question
    • How will you find out the data that has not been copied properly?   1 Answer

Senior Associate Technology Level II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sapient (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Coding round followed by technical round after some days. Coding round was on a problem statement given by them. Technical round was on java basics. But I had a debate in interview and interviewer got angry in between. So i left.

Interview Questions

• 1. Factory Design pattern implementation.
      2. Enheritance, polymorphism, encapsulation concepts.
      3. Given an array of size 100 and it can have number between 0-99. 1 number is duplicate. find it.
      1 Answer