Sapient Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sapient Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2018

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sapient (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

The interviewer was very nice. He firstly introduce the company and the position. He asked questions about team work experience, organization skill. He also offered lots of chances to let me ask questions.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Boston, MA) in September 2011.

Interview

2 Phone Interviews
    1 Technical Case Study
     3 in person interviews in office

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave me an offer, I asked for more and they gave it to me

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Cambridge, MA) in February 2009.

Interview

Campus Hiring Event - on a Saturday. Coding exercise - write code of psuedo code to solve a problem. Review of the code exercise. Behavioral interview looking for very specific examples of attributes, situations and responses. Group interview with observation of how different people were engaging and behaving in a group setting.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sapient.

Interview

Very positive, very thorough so you are sure it is a good fit. Phone screening, personality interview, case study, technical interview. Meet with different employees of the company and are given ample time to ask questions throughout the entire process. Office environment is very positive and you can see the culture fit in each individual employee you come in contact with.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions you wouldnt be able to answer to see how the interviewer reacted   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

It was an easy interview process...very basic behavioral questions and then some other questions like why do u want to join and some discussion about the skills set and projects i did in grad school

Associate Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Resume screening, followed by face to face interview followed by super saturday (all day event with case study, interviews and team exercise).

Face to face interview was a fit interview, assessing previous experiences and how well you would integrate into the Sapient "culture". This interview is given by a Manager.

Interview Questions

• During the super saturday event, I was given 45 minutes to prepare an answer and presentation to a case study   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Arlington, VA).

Interview

There was a intro on campus interview that was brief and painless with no substantive questions followed by an invitation to an onsite interview day. It occurred on a Saturday and had 2 rounds: Group and Individual exercises.

Interview Questions

• Write pseudo-code for a method and then create a full database schema for the proposed senario.   1 Answer

Associate Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Boston, MA) in January 2007.

Interview

Campus recruitment is suppose to start with an on campus presentation. The year I was interviewed, the presentation was canceled. The initially screened/selected candidates were invited for a 1:1 interview which was more of behavioral and fit interview.
    The next step of the hiring process is an online skill based test which last for 2 hours and one can schedule and take it anytime within the week.
    If selected past the previous 2 rounds, you are invited for a day long interview process which starts with a meet and greet over cocktails in the evening and the following morning two to three 1:1 interviews and a group based discussion and presentation.
    The hiring decision is usually made within a week following the last round.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider your greatest achievement in life?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They usually don't offer a sign on bonus at the associate level, but there is room to negotiate the base salary and relocation reimbursement if needed.

Associate Technology L2 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Arlington, VA) in July 2011.

Interview

Process took about 2 weeks but would've been less if not for the holidays. I posted my resume on a job board and got a call and email from a Sapient recruiter. I emailed back and their recruiter called to pre-screen me for about half an hour. I was then scheduled for a technical interview which turned out ok, not great or bad either IMO.
    The final step was an in-person interview which lasted 3 hours. One hour of meeting with a manager to determine if you're a personality fit with the culture. Another hour by yourself to problem solve a technical case study in a room full of whiteboards. After the case study, one hour for you to present your case solution to a few people as if they were actual clients. They ask questions about the way you tried to solve the case study and lastly sit with you to ask questions about your work experience and from your resume.

Everyone seemed nice and pleasant. The home office was in a fancy high-rise and was very convenient to Metro access. The work environment is very open. No cubes or offices, just open spaces with small partitions. Lots of young, energetic people. The recruiter was very pleasant and professional. He didn't skip a beat, kept me informed on dates/times/info.
    They were looking to hire me in as an Associate Technology L2. As promised, I heard back a few days after the in-person interview. They were looking for someone with more experience and the ability to coach more junior members. I was told they'd keep me in mind for other junior roles which came up.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever heard of Sapient?   1 Answer
    • Case study-create an application for a service scheduling company. Can use pseudocode, programming language, etc.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • What were your hours like at X position?   1 Answer

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (New York, NY).

Interview

I was asked to bring in a portfolio as well as have a portfolio via web. This seemed logical as they are a digital agency. Met with the recruiter then the recruiting coordinator. Process moved fairly quickly and seamlessly. Went to studio and interviewed with creative team. Asked appropriate questions by team for role and felt comfortable.