Sapient Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

3.3

Senior Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Arlington, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

3 part process
    short phone interview with HR
    1 hr phone interview - general A&A
    3 hr in person interview 1 hr general Q&A, 1 hr to work on case study, develop solution approach and prepare to present, 1 hr present solution and answer some questions

Interview Questions

• Typical questions - something you failed at - what you learned   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient.

Interview

Received an email asking for an initial call, responded within 6hours and set up a time. HR professional missed our time, sent and email about 20 min later saying stuck in a meeting (understandable!). Rescheduled twice (first reschedule was also mixed) once on the phone interviewer was very friendly, and apologetic. Basic resume overview conversation, as well as more description of the job, then told I would be moved to next round to speak with a director. Spoke with director, similar conversation of resume overview and behavioral question. Invited to come into office. 3 part interview, one with Associate Program Manager, one with director, one with VP. There is a case study involved, but straight-forward if you understand basics of Program/project management.

Interview Questions

• A time that you failed (asked twice by two different people)   Answer Question

Senior Information Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sapient (New York, NY).

Interview

I heard Sapients interview process is one of the more challenging and difficult you will find. Mine was very smooth and easy. They really loved my work and believed in me.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sapient (Westport, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

Note this is a review for Sapient (m)PHASIZE, a subsidiary of Sapient

I initially received an email from the manager for whom I would have worked if offered the position, asking for a phone interview with him and 2 others. The conversation included inquiries into my credentials and questions about statistics and data analysis. I passed this round and was invited to an all-expenses-paid in-person interview at their headquarters in Westport, CT. Here is the moment when things started to become strange: the hiring manager scheduled and paid for the airfare, but asked me to make reservations and pay for other expenses myself which would later be paid for by the company. I'm not in the position to just shrug off expenses, so the fact that this was explicitly communicated as all-expenses-paid was important. Had it not been communicated as all-expenses-paid, I would have requested for a Skype video interview or would have found a less costly way to do the trip than what was suggested by the hiring manager. $90 Uber rides to and from LaGuardia as well as reservations for a 4 star hotel are not the type of expenses that a constrained budget can handle well.

I get to the interview, and things initially seem OK. It's a small company, operating seemingly independent of its parent company, Sapient; so I didn't expect the kind of presentation that is common among interviews with larger organizations. There were four interviews in total: a VP, two analysts, and a manager. The interview with the VP and one of the analysts was very much conversational. Questions here mostly related to marketing (one can broadly categorize the company's services under marketing analytics), and, strangely, much of the conversation was done on their end. The second analyst was supposed to conduct a technical skills assessment lasting 45 minutes, but only asked three questions lasting barely 10 minutes. We spent the rest of our time talking about nothing relevant to the position. The last interviewer asked the behavioral-type questions. At the end of the day, we were told that we would *definitely* hear either a yes or a no response in about a month (it seems long, but they were holding interviews every Friday for a few weeks).

Why the negative review? Here are the main reasons: 1) Despite telling us that we would definitely hear back with a yes or a no, they still haven't gotten back to me. It's been 4 weeks since I was told that I would receive a response. I've sent a few emails to the hiring manager; not surprisingly, I received no response to those either. 2) It has been 2 months since the interview, and I still haven't received any reimbursement for the trip's expenses. Some might not find this to be an issue, but I think, to some extent, it (as well as point 1) speaks to the company's deficient caliber of professionalism. As a company, why give your word for something if you have no intention of adhering to it? 3) For a position purported to require a large amount of analytic work, the interview was lacking a true technical assessment, especially in comparison to interviews for similar positions at other companies. Looking back, this seems like a red flag.

Interview Questions

• Search for "Russian roulette brainteaser" on Google. THIS was one of the three "technical" questions.   Answer Question

ASSOCIATE L2 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Arlington, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on the company website. A recruiter contacted me within 2 weeks and set up a call to discuss the position. After the initial call, he set up a phone interview with a senior level person. After the phone interview, I went in for a 2 hour long face-to-face interview with 2 people the position would work with. They moved very fast and gave me an offer the next day.

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Initial HR interview - They ask mostly what is expected. Explain last job, why are you leaving, what type of job are you looking for, current/past clearance info, salary requirements. Very short, just to get the basics. HR person was pleasant, but seemed not to have a lot of knowledge of the position. Provided basic next steps, but gave no insight whether interview went well or not. I asked some questions, but got mostly generic answers.

Senior Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Arlington, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

I interviewed in person at the Sapient office. There was a pre-interview exercise I was asked to complete. I spent a few hours on this. The 2-hour interview was split into 2 sections. The first hour was with a technical member on the project asking me "fit" questions to gauge personality and professional competencies. The second hour was a "domain" test. I shared my completed pre-work and walked through it with 2 additional interviewers. They asked more experience/skill questions. Adequate time was left at the end for my questions. The recruiter brought me water at the beginning and at the end, I was walked around the office space before being escorted out.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you deal with difficult personalities and bring them around to your approach.   Answer Question

Junior Data Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Phone Interview with staff member who appear to be very friendly than in person interview w/ managers for about one hour. Interviewee appear to be very judgmental and not genuine friendly, possibly prejudice. Often during the interview was cut off when trying to answer questions, than told was not communicative. Offering pay very low for entry level position. Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experiences? Role model? Inquire database skills.   1 Answer

Senior Associate Technology Level II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Arlington, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted via linkedin profile. Discussed experience and salary expectations
    Set up for phone screen within a week which was mostly technical and question on resume After successful phone screen set up onsite interview within a week. Onsite consisted of behavior questions. Was given offer within same week of onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone Screen : Design a Hotel Reservation System using OOPS, project worked on experience in REST, Simple OOPs concepts. Inheritance polymorphism
      Onsite:
      1 hr behavioral,, situations and actions taken during situations.
      1 hr to provide solution to a scheduling question
      1 hr to discuss solution and explain. further questions on experience and resume.
      1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Spoke with one of their recruiters who gauged my interest and set up a round of interviews for the next week. Interview questions were not difficult, just the usual softball questions one may expect to get.