Sapient Manager, Program Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sapient Manager, Program Management Interview Questions

3.8

Manager, Program Management Interview

Interview

Two-step process: 1) initial phone screen to determine fit, 2) in-person interview consisting of a case study and regular/personality interview. You must stand out in the case study - show creativity in problem solving and persuasive presentation skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This was a major deficiency - lack of clear communication between candidate and hiring managers through HR

Other Interview Reviews for Sapient

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Arlington, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

Began with an initial phone conversation with the recruiter and review of benefits information. Then, a one hour phone interview was scheduled with one of the Managers in the Program Management practice. Following an internal review, a 3 hour interview was scheduled onsite in Arlington, VA. The first hour was dedicated to a one-on-one interview focused on previous experiences in project management. The second hour was preparing a case study and the final hour was presenting out the case study on whiteboard walls.

Interview Questions

• There was not enough information and/or time provided to complete the case study in its entirety. Additionally, tasks beyond a PM's job requisites were tested in the case study that would otherwise be completed by someone else on the team. There were long delays between each of the interviews to receive feedback/next steps from the recruiter.   Answer Question

Offered a salary well below current pay and a job title held over a year and a half ago at my current firm. They are looking for and only willing to pay for recent college grads, not experienced hires.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Atlanta, GA) in July 2011.

Interview

Initially received email from internal recruiter who told me about the company and position. The sticking point with me was the travel- Mon-Thursday every week for 12-18 months. I declined. Was contacted again a few weeks later for a position with less travel. Went in for the interview- consisted of a case study, and several F2F interviews. After that got a call saying that I would be perfect for an IT position- which would require travel- declined. Would have been a great company to work for if I didn't have to travel 90% of the time. The case study was the most difficult part- you have to figure out what they are REALLY hiring for by completing the case study with a lean towards front end or back end program mgmt.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to give up my life for 2-3 years for the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (San Francisco, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Initially I was contacted by the recruiter and interviewed by her, Then I was interviewed by the Senior Manager, Program Management in a week. Once I cleared this I was asked to come for an inperson interview with a bunch of folks. I had to do a Project Plan for a web site development/redesign. Once I did that I had another PM interview me. Then I was given the go ahead by the recruiter, and then asked to meet with the Director. It was straight forward and the interview did not pan out ok, saying one of the skills was lacking. Then I was set up to interview at Chicago and then I got the job after a couple more of phone interview.

the process for Sapient is very gruelling and once in the company you realize how important the interviews are.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was looking for a job and did not negotiate a lot, but got a fair deal.

Manager, Program Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sapient (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

3 rounds in one day, very efficient process, first was domain round, second was attributes round where they see your fitment and third is closing and salary
    they provided conveyance to and fro Sapient office which was a great experience