Sapient Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.4

101 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Associate Technology Level II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Arlington, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted via linkedin profile. Discussed experience and salary expectations
    Set up for phone screen within a week which was mostly technical and question on resume After successful phone screen set up onsite interview within a week. Onsite consisted of behavior questions. Was given offer within same week of onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone Screen : Design a Hotel Reservation System using OOPS, project worked on experience in REST, Simple OOPs concepts. Inheritance polymorphism
      Onsite:
      1 hr behavioral,, situations and actions taken during situations.
      1 hr to provide solution to a scheduling question
      1 hr to discuss solution and explain. further questions on experience and resume.   1 Answer

Senior Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview with someone in HR. Then a 3hr in person interview which involved a 'cultural fit'/personality interview (1hr) and a business case interview in which you have 1hr to prep and then spend an hour discussing the case with 'the client' (two staff members who act as the client).

Interview Questions

• They asked about communication style, how you work with others, and thoroughly discussed the business case.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sapient.

Interview

I applied via the easy Linked In feature with just my resume and was promptly contacted by a recruiter. I had a general screening call with the recruiter which consisted of questions like--tell me about yourself; why are you looking for new opportunities; what are your salary expectations, etc.

The second step is a phone case study which takes about an hour. The interviewer reads the case study and asks a few questions to gauge your thought process. Very standard--missing information, no right or wrong answers.

After passing that round, I was brought in for an in-person interview which the recruiter prepared me for-- 1 hour behavioral, 1 hour to work out a case study, and 1 hour of debriefing the case study, answering questions, and some general behavioral and business/market questions. The behavioral interview was standard questions you can find on any website and is with 1 staff member. The hour of case study is done on your own. You are given a standard case study with lots of unnecessary info, missing info, and questions and are asked to white board a powerpoint presentation which you will then present to the next interviewer. If you have been in enough consulting projects, the case study resembles any client engagement methodology. The next interviewer comes in when the hour is up and asks you to present, asks some clarifying questions, then you just chat. Sometimes, a second interviewer comes in for either the behavioral or case study portion; this is an interviewer in training.

My recruiter was awesome and always available. After a couple of months of follow-ups, it looked like they found a position for me and I received an offer. All in all, I'd say this is more structured than other interviews, but not necessarily harder.

Interview Questions

• All was very standard. This is a very Agile firm, so definitely know what it is and why it's beneficial over traditional approaches.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I considered the full benefits package including 401k contributions, bonuses, healthcare expenses, employee paid parking, no expensing of cell phone bills and lunches, etc. That definitely tagged on quite a bit. Timing of bonuses and salary actions wasn't clear until starting; you generally don't get a raise a few months in, regardless of what anyone says during hiring. My negotiation was very straightforward; I received an offer, gave a counter, and received an updated offer.

Senior Associate Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Sapient (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone screening interview which was 15-20 minutes. Discussed the usual, salary, reason for leaving, what I'm looking for career wise, a little about my background. Next in person interview, which took the better half of a Friday. It was divided into three parts. First a half hour one on one interview discussing my background and experience. Then they gave me a case study assignment. I was the project manager for a fake company with fake clients. The clients were looking for x,y, and z. Come up with a timeline, scope of work, project proposal, goals. I had an hour to prepare on the white board. Then it was followed with 30 minute role playing activity where I met with the fake clients and they asked questions on the project. After the activity there was another 30 minutes where we discussed how I did, what they were looking for, what they liked. And any additional questions on my experience and background. Overall not to bad. The people there are great, and if you know your stuff then you will do just fine.

Interview Questions

• If a client was pushing for a faster turn around time, but you were unable to commit, how would you ease their concerns?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Boston, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

My interview process consisted of 2 phone screens, one with the recruiter, the other with a team member, followed by one lengthy in person interview, with a short in person final group meeting.

Senior Associate Technology Level I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sapient (New York, NY).

Interview

Wasn't too hard. Met with a few people and the "interview" part that tested html & javascript was to create a webpage from a static image. When I went for the interview I didn't lookup the company enough and one of the people interviewing me was slightly disappointed. After coming in and doing the face to face I ended up talking to Naresh who's the head of the software department.

Interview Questions

• The hardest was to try to complete in the time given. Make sure you do the JS part. Talked to Naresh about AngularJS   Answer Question

Negotiation

I don't remember. Probably could have asked for more.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Sapient (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Telephonic technical round, then face to face with highly technical followed by aptitude round. In aptitude round, they try to figure out what salary you are looking for and try to figure out whether you are really interested in joining the company.

Senior Associate Program Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sapient (Arlington, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

This process started with a recruiter who matched my skill set with an opening at Sapient. First was a phone screen with the recruiter, then a phone screen with senior management Sapient. Followed by an intensive in-person interview. I was aware of Sapient's good reputation and was excited to begin the hiring and interview process.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was during the client role playing exercise when the two "customers" inquired about unconventional IT systems and how they fit into the business plan.   Answer Question

Senior Associate of Technology Level II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sapient (Boston, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process is one of the best in its kind. They will treat you as you are a part of the organisation and help you go through the process. It also is a tedious process with multiple rounds.

Interview Questions

• How do you define Priority?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sapient.

Interview

Phone screen by company recruiter which led to an interview day where two interviews were conducted for each applicant, one behavioral and one case.

Interview Questions

• The case was a technology case despite applying for a business consulting role so not really sure i was able to be evaluated correctly but got an offer nonetheless.   Answer Question