Sapient Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

3.3

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (New York, NY).

Interview

I was asked to bring in a portfolio as well as have a portfolio via web. This seemed logical as they are a digital agency. Met with the recruiter then the recruiting coordinator. Process moved fairly quickly and seamlessly. Went to studio and interviewed with creative team. Asked appropriate questions by team for role and felt comfortable.

Interview Questions

Interview

Two-step process: 1) initial phone screen to determine fit, 2) in-person interview consisting of a case study and regular/personality interview. You must stand out in the case study - show creativity in problem solving and persuasive presentation skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This was a major deficiency - lack of clear communication between candidate and hiring managers through HR

Information Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sapient (Arlington, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Two phone screenings: first with human resources, then with a more junior member of the project team. After that, a more in-depth in-person interview gauging personality and reviewing work samples.

Associate Technology L1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

on campus interview with behavior question, the whole process is about half an hour. The officer is nice and there is no technique question at the first round. you need to talk about yourself and your thinking of the consulting company as well as the project you have done. It is a good experience.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sapient.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter two months after I applied online... Start with a 30 mins phone screening. Then a one hour phone interview from team leader. One week later, I was asked to have an on-site interview. The on-site interview was NOT professional! Several technical questions have been asked, not hard, more experience based.

Interview Questions

• if you were asked to analyze the performance of ABC, what are the variables you would collect   Answer Question

Senior Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview with someone in HR. Then a 3hr in person interview which involved a 'cultural fit'/personality interview (1hr) and a business case interview in which you have 1hr to prep and then spend an hour discussing the case with 'the client' (two staff members who act as the client).

Interview Questions

• They asked about communication style, how you work with others, and thoroughly discussed the business case.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Arlington, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was first a 30-min phone interview just going over my resume and experiences and interests. Then I came in for a two hour long interview, 4 separate interviews each for 30 minutes. The first one was two people who asked me mainly questions about my resume and experiences, the second one was two people asking behavioral questions, the third one was one person where I just asked her questions I had or comments about the company, and the fourth was two people who went over my resume and asked me more behavioral questions.

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

The overall process seemed disorganized. My original recruiter suddenly stopped contacting me after telling me she was setting up a phone interview for the upcoming week. I later found out she left the company and another recruiter contacted me. I had a phone interview, which started 30 minutes later than scheduled but went well and the CD told me he really liked my work. I was then handed off to another recruiter who set up an in-person interview, which I drove 3.5 hours to (I am moving and finding a job in the new area).

The interview process lasted 2 hours and I met with four people. This was the best part of the interview process and they seemed like a fun group. 3 of the 4 were very personable though one actually didn't make eye contact to me while we talked. The questions were typical and conversational, just walking through my work, talking about the company and what I bring to the table. I received positive feedback from each person I met with, all telling me I have a very strong portfolio, innovative ideas, and would fit in well there. So obviously, I thought the interview went really well. I was told I would hear back the next week.

I never heard back, so I emailed my recruiter who told me the hiring process just got taken over by another employee. After not hearing from that employee in the time frame given, I emailed her. She called me soon after and only quickly said they "would like to pass." After spending almost 3 hours interviewing and 7 hours commuting to and from the interview, and receiving seemingly positive feedback from each person I met with, it would have been nice to have a little more reasoning or constructive criticism than that.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sapient.

Interview

I applied via the easy Linked In feature with just my resume and was promptly contacted by a recruiter. I had a general screening call with the recruiter which consisted of questions like--tell me about yourself; why are you looking for new opportunities; what are your salary expectations, etc.

The second step is a phone case study which takes about an hour. The interviewer reads the case study and asks a few questions to gauge your thought process. Very standard--missing information, no right or wrong answers.

After passing that round, I was brought in for an in-person interview which the recruiter prepared me for-- 1 hour behavioral, 1 hour to work out a case study, and 1 hour of debriefing the case study, answering questions, and some general behavioral and business/market questions. The behavioral interview was standard questions you can find on any website and is with 1 staff member. The hour of case study is done on your own. You are given a standard case study with lots of unnecessary info, missing info, and questions and are asked to white board a powerpoint presentation which you will then present to the next interviewer. If you have been in enough consulting projects, the case study resembles any client engagement methodology. The next interviewer comes in when the hour is up and asks you to present, asks some clarifying questions, then you just chat. Sometimes, a second interviewer comes in for either the behavioral or case study portion; this is an interviewer in training.

My recruiter was awesome and always available. After a couple of months of follow-ups, it looked like they found a position for me and I received an offer. All in all, I'd say this is more structured than other interviews, but not necessarily harder.

Interview Questions

• All was very standard. This is a very Agile firm, so definitely know what it is and why it's beneficial over traditional approaches.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I considered the full benefits package including 401k contributions, bonuses, healthcare expenses, employee paid parking, no expensing of cell phone bills and lunches, etc. That definitely tagged on quite a bit. Timing of bonuses and salary actions wasn't clear until starting; you generally don't get a raise a few months in, regardless of what anyone says during hiring. My negotiation was very straightforward; I received an offer, gave a counter, and received an updated offer.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter, phone interview with supervisor, in person interview with current OS person, hiring, leadership, and two executive assistants. Was offered the position the following week and started negotiations.

Interview Questions

• What specific things would I bring to make a client's experience more memorable?   1 Answer