Sapient Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

3.6

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Boston, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

My interview process consisted of 2 phone screens, one with the recruiter, the other with a team member, followed by one lengthy in person interview, with a short in person final group meeting.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sapient

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Sapient (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Telephonic technical round, then face to face with highly technical followed by aptitude round. In aptitude round, they try to figure out what salary you are looking for and try to figure out whether you are really interested in joining the company.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sapient (Boston, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

A friend of mine, who works there, submitted a referral for me. A month or two passed by and then someone from HR contacted me to setup a phone interview. The phone interview wasn't very long, as it served just as an introduction with HR and to setup the next interview with a manager.

The phone interview with a manager was a general interview. He asked me to go over my resume, some questions about my skills and work experiences, and some behavioral questions too. Some of the questions that struct me were: " Tell me your strengths and weaknesses", "What do you fear the most about your current job" and "Tell me about your biggest failure on the job".

Apparently I passed that interview, because I was called for 1:1 interview in person. This one was for about 3 hours, where I met three executives separately, for an hour each. This was more difficult, as they asked me a lot of specific questions about projects, project management, databases, finance, technology, etc.

I would recommend that the candidates are honest and talk about their skills and experiences with a positive tone. For example, if you don't have an experience in something, indicate your willingness to learn and mention how you learned something in the past. For negative questions, such as "What was your biggest failure", the best tactic is to be honest and talk about something that went wrong in your experience, but finish with the steps you took to fix it. Also, research the company before going to the interview and prepare some good questions to ask them, they appreciate that.

They will send you an interview package email before the 1:1 interview, so make sure you read all the links in there. There are some Harvard and Yale Business Cases I found in there and they were very helpful.

For the company culture, I can only tell you what my perceptions are so far (I haven't started working there yet). The people seem very nice and willing to help out. They are also very smart and experienced, so you have what to learn from them. They work on projects for clients and that's what you are paid to do as well. In the current climate, it sounds like clients are pushing them for efficiency, which means do more in less time with less resources, so you need to be ok with that. I imagine there will a lot of days when you work long hours, and there is a lot of travel. Some of the travel is quick, like a day or two, and sometimes you can be asked to work 4 days a week in a different location (like another city) and then come back and work the 5th day from home or in the home office. It seems like they pay well and there are opportunities for advancement, if the client and your co-workers like you, so it seems like a good arrangement to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer
    • Tell me what you fear most about your current job.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your biggest failure in your current job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

First had a HR phone interview for 1/2 hour, basic questions on why change in job and what is my experience and skills are. Then next day has a 1/2 hour phone technical interview. This was not much technical, just a chat on technologies that I have worked so for in my projects. Then came the one on one the 4 hour interview. The HR will call you give the details what your interview schedule is and whom with. Be prepared to present, code and talk.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried negotiating but the hiring manager talked me out.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR. Rapidly progressed to three 1 hour interviews in person at varying professional levels. Process was very straight-forward and open. First interview was to determine personality fit with the Sapient culture. Typical questions here about dealing with difficult coworkers, demonstrating situations in which you went above and beyond to persuade others, etc. Second interview was the determine domain expertise. In this area, Sapient domain knowledge is very deep - so I'd suggest being very sharp on your domain prior to the interview. Final session was the most informal with a senior member of the staff - who answers questions and helps you understand how Sapient may be a good fit for your career. So far, this was the most professional, efficient, and organized interview process I've ever been through.

Interview Questions

• Do you think the banks are to blame for the financial meltdown?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Slight negotiation before offer was made. Post offer is made, it is advised not to negotiate further.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sapient.

Interview

Firstly Online technical test depending on skills you are getting interviewed followed by one Phone screening round then Face to face interview with Technical people of the project they are looking to hire in.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sapient (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process was a Bit lengthy , it took almost 3-4 weeks to complete 2 rounds and finally got the offer. This was due to unavailability of the Panel due to hectic work schedule.

Interview Questions

• Challenges you faced in current company and how you handled the same?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sapient in March 2016.

Interview

I gave four rounds of interview including online test, coding test, technical interview and managerial interview. After which I was told that I have cleared all the rounds and I would receive call from the HR for compensation negotiations. When I did not received any call from the HR for 2 days, I tried contacting her. After which I came to know that now they think I am not fit for the role of senior associate as I work in a smaller organization and I don't have enough exposure and they can not hire me for the role of associate because my current compensation is very high and they cannot pay me that much. I am sharing my experience not to malign the reputation of Sapient but to expose the unprofessional behavior of the hiring panel. They don't value the time and effort given by an individual and they don't even have enough courtesy to inform that person back.

Interview Questions

• Questions on Collections, Multi threading, SQL, Restfull web services, design patterns.   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Interview

First machine round, then technical interview and them HR round.

Interview Questions

• most of the questions were conceptual. not much digging into the syntax.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sapient.

Interview

1:Technical Test : Tough but percentile is considered
    2:Design problem