Sapient Senior Associate Platform L1 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

3.3

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Associate Platform L1 Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sapient in May 2016.

Interview

1 hour online test based on core java basics.
3 hour long coding round wherein they will give a design problem to solve. You will have to write not only the efficiently designed code but also unit tests along with that.
After coding round two technical rounds are conducted and one attributes interview is conducted.

So , in total 4 or 5 rounds of interview are conucted.

This process make take 2 -3 days to complete.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sapient

Senior Associate Platform L1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Mumbai (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

Round 1 - Programming Test

Round 2 - Technical Interview - Core Java

Round 3 - Technical Interview - Adv Java ( Spring, Hibernate ) / JMS / WebServices

Round 4 - Online Attribute Test

Round 5 - Manager Round

Round 6 - HR discussion & Compensation

Interview Questions

• Core Java - Clonable, Serilaziable, MultiThreading, ExecutorService, ThreadPools,
      Adv Java - Spring internal working, Hibernate mapping, inverse etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sapient (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a lengthy process, HR will explain each and every process very clearly and does good follow up. Had 7 rounds 4 Technical rounds, 1 psychometric, 1 Manger and 1 HR.

Interview Questions

• Out of 4 technical rounds, they cover almost all the technologies mentioned in CV. One round of interview was just about java.util.concurrent package.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Platform L1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with Sapient before 2 weeks. Cleared all the rounds got mail for confirmation from HR before 2 weeks. Waiting for offer letter from last 2 weeks but HR is saying that we are waiting for approval from my boss. I don't know hoe long its take to get offer. After long interviews and they are expecting that person should be able to join early.

Interview Questions

• 1. They have given complete coding exercise based on multi-threading.
      2. Technical round based on the coding exercise.
      3. Technical round based on core java. Collections, serialization, Multi-threading, Executor, Algorithm, data Structure, Spring, Hibernate, Database.. others...
      4. Complete Managerial, Agile, Team Handling, Team Building, Motivational, Cumulative round of around 2 hours.
      5. General HR discussion about package an other stability issue.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sapient (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

There is a Phone Screen first to see if you fit their needs, big + if you have banking and financial domain exp if you are being considered for an opening in Global Markets Division

1) Coding round, Need to provide a working solution to the given problem statement. time taken, design and solution performance is considered.

2) discussion on your solution + Technical interview , focus is mostly on Core java - specifically Collections and Concurrency. Be thorough with Design Patterns and be prepared to answer questions on pretty much anything that's on your CV.

3)Attributes round, mostly behavior related questions, questions on how you handle specific scenarios.

4)Compensation discussion

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions on Java Concurrency be very through, need to be very good on core java questions   Answer Question

Senior Associate Platform L1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (New Delhi (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

1. A coding exercise followed by the round of couple of interviews.
    2. After that Manager and HR round.
    3. Once you clear the Coding round you get a call for the 1st level of round for technical discussion.
    4. After which you have another round with manager or senior person.
    5. After this you have salary negotiation with HR and then they release offer.

Interview Questions

• General technology related questions, also exercise related questions. Algorithms, tech terms etc.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Platform L1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sapient (Pune (India)) in July 2011.

Interview

One written test, One Technical F2F, One Senior Managerial F2F and one final HR round for salary negotiations.
    Interview panel had flown down in Pune for an hiring event. I reached the venue by 11am and by 5pm all the rounds were finished. They made us quite comfortable and ordered pizza/colas for us too. Overall quite satisfying experience.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much standard pl/sql questions in the interview. Guy was really polite and cool. He made me totally comfortable first and asked me not to give a damn for syntax or anything. Just wanted to know the basic concepts.
      Written test was although quite tricky and lengthy. Took quite some time to finish.
      Manager round was again more on judging the interpersonal & communication skills I guess.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Platform L1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2010.

Interview

- One techinical Interview
    - One interview on Skype

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got an offer I was looking for easily

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sapient (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2009.

Interview

Got a call from recruiter to attend the weekend drive. First round was on computer I need to code two problems one related to design and other related to data structure. This followed by a telephonic at the same place. 2 days later it followed by a behavioral/personality round by manager. After clearing all these rounds I was offered and asked for background verification.

Interview Questions

• How does Spring AOP framework in implemented   1 Answer
    • How does distributed caching in hibernate works and how to implement our own cache.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. I think sapient is fair and transparent enough in extending offer.