SapientRazorfish Junior Associate, Strategy & Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SapientRazorfish Junior Associate, Strategy & Consulting Interview Questions

Interviews at SapientRazorfish

3.1

Knowledge Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SapientRazorfish.

Interview

One 30 minute phone call with HR, follow up phone interview with someone from Knowledge team.

By coincidence, my second phone interview turned into an in-person interview (I was in SR's building while on the phone so was invited to come to the office to speak in person). What was supposed to be a 30 minute phone conversation turned into a 3 HOUR in-person interview. At no time during the interview did the interviewer ask me if the length of time was okay. Internally I was freaking out because it was the middle of the work day and needed to get back to my job, but interviewer did not pause to consider that the length of our convo would be an inconvenience.

Unexpected length of interview aside, the interview itself had some warning signs for me. I got a strong impression that the interviewer did not understand the position I was being interviewed for. Instead of asking me questions about my experience or skills, he mapped out the position on a white board and talked through it in a stream of consciousness way...tons of tangents, lots of company lingo used that I didn't understand, etc.

Overall, I felt like my time and energy were disrespected during the interview process, and I got the sense that the team was disorganized and unclear of its goals. I'm rating this interview as difficult not because questions were hard to answer, but because questions were vague and not about my qualifications, but were about what the position should be. I think those types of questions would be better suited for an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for SapientRazorfish

Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at SapientRazorfish (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Perhaps the longest interview process I have ever experienced which lasted more than 4 months and did not materialize. While post interview I realized that this isn't new with Sapient I perhaps should have known that before starting the process as in this time I did pass on many other good opportunities. The entire SapientRazorfish team (recruitment and hiring) were very nice and helpful but time was not of priority to them which perhaps speaks of a company without processes. Perhaps this will fix at some point in time.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SapientRazorfish (Arlington, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

Was referred to a position by current employee. Recruiter contacted me after a couple of weeks to and began initial phone screen. That went well and led to a phone interview with a Senior Program Manager at the company. Some technical PM question but overall went pretty well. Since that went well was then asked to come in two weeks later for an on-site 4 hour interview. That consisted of an hour long interview with a Senior PM discussing technical PM questions and background questions, an hour long talk with a Manager of Staffing who discussed fit and compatibility and company culture. Once those two were done a Program director reviewed the directions for a case study which was to be completed in one hour. Then upon completion he came back and we reviewed my work on the case study and overall final interview questions. Overall had a very pleasant experience and spoke to very intelligent people. I was overwhelmed by the case study at first but they are very helpful in explaining what they want from you and explain from the get go that there is no true right or wrong answer. Just to gauge how your mind thinks through business issues. Wonderful experience, went very smoothly from the start with the recruiter. Excited to join!

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a difficult stakeholder situation?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SapientRazorfish (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

The recruiter was nice, his emails were riddled with typos. The hiring manager was "worried" about my UX experience. He was supposedly one of the original hires.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any non-UX experience? The hiring manager is concerned about the UX in your title.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SapientRazorfish (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume during a campus career fair and completed application online afterwards. Received an email a month later saying I had been selected for an interview. First phone interview was with a recruiter and lasted 30 minutes. She asked me to talk about myself, my interests, experiences, etc. The second phone interview was with an engineer from the New York office and lasted 30 minutes. She asked me about my interests and experiences again. The only technical question she asked was what is one feature I really like/value in programming. The third round of interviews was a superday at the New York office that consisted of an office tour, lunch, and three 1:1 interviews with engineers which lasted an hour each. The first interview was just going through my resume and talking about it, purely behavioral. The second interview was the only purely technical interview I had. They asked me to design a system based on specifications in a booklet they gave me. It was split up into different parts, very thoroughly explained. I was asked to design the system on a whiteboard using the booklet. The third interview was with the engineer who did my second phone interview and it consisted of behavioral questions and "what-would-you-do" questions. My recruiter followed up with me the following week with an offer. Overall a pretty easy interview process and the recruiter was very helpful and nice. The technical interview was unlike any interview I've had before so I thought it was hard.

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SapientRazorfish in May 2018.

Interview

Tech Interview called a bit late, 20 minutes into the half an hour allotment. Asked basic questions about my background and projects, and a example of overcoming a technical problem. Jumped into Java and SQL questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SapientRazorfish (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone screen with a hiring manager, technical interview with an engineer, onsite interview. Everybody was nice throughout the process, however I was misinformed about the position. They told me it was full-time position and it was advertised as 70K annually. When I received the contract it only mentioned an hourly salary and did not guarantee me 40 hours of work/week. This meant they could change my hours at will (and while they probably wouldn't have done this, the possibility they kept that loophole open was very unsettling). I was very disappointed as I was otherwise very excited about the job. I otherwise tried to negotiate salary and job title (I had been offered software engineering positions elsewhere and got offers of 10K above Sapient's offer) but they didn't budge on anything. By the end of the process it gave me the impression they were a powerhouse going through employees which I also did not like.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen: why do you want the job, why are you a good fit, background questions

Technical interview: basic programming questions (OOP, etc)

Onsite interview: Met one on one with two engineers. The first was mainly behavioral (background, why I wanted the job, etc). Very nice, and glad to answer all my questions. The second was technical. I was given a document with a programming problem and was given 45 minutes to complete it on a white board, then had to answer questions about my response. There were a lot of questions and you were not expected to answer all of them, but you were expected to touch on all of them at least a little bit. It was mainly web programming stuff which I am less familiar with. My response was basically the architecture of the database and how things would interact which was fine since I knew my stuff (even though it didn't exactly answer the question).   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SapientRazorfish in March 2018.

Interview

First was a phone interview with my recruiter. Questions were behavioral and quizzed me on my knowledge about the company. My recruiter mentioned that there would be a super day after my interview with someone in Tech. My tech interviewer was fairly rude. While explaining that I didn't know Java but I was familiar with some of the concepts, he cut me off and told me about OOP, which I was in the middle of explaining. While I didn't know Java, I mentioned a bunch of data structures that I knew, including unbounded arrays. Later on in the interview, he asked me about the difference between a vector and a linked list. I told him I didn't know what a vector was, and when I asked if he was referring to something in matrices or physics, he laughed . Later I found out that a vector is just the Java terminology for an unbounded array, so I thought this was an unnecessary trick question on his part. At the end of the interview he told me it was very unlikely that they would take me on as they were looking for a front end developer (which was not on the job description) and if they were to hire me, I wouldn't work on a real project. I emailed my recruiter several times for an application update and they never got back to me,.

Senior Account Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SapientRazorfish (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

After some rescheduling (on very little notice), I did a 30 minute phone interview with someone in HR. I thought it went very well and she said the hiring manager was very good about getting back to her so I should hear soon. A week goes by and I follow up with an email. Nothing. Another week and another follow up. Nothing. Just pathetic. How hard is it to copy and paste a rejection? I hope this happens to YOU when you're looking for a job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience.   1 Answer

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SapientRazorfish (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

1. Initial phone screen with HR
    2. 30 minute phone interview - mainly behavioral w/ one market sizing question
    3. Invited to final interview round in their NY office which consisted of three back-to-back interviews.

Overall, very smooth and fun process. My only complaint was that they got back to me about two weeks later than they said they would.