Sapphire Digital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sapphire Digital Interview Questions

Interviews at Sapphire Digital

2.8

Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sapphire Digital.

Interview

I responded to a job opening that was posted on a job board and was contacted by HR/recruiter who thought I would be more appropriate for another role they were looking to fill. Initial in-person meeting w/HR went well. Then met w/EVP, which I thought also went well. After sending my "thank - you's" was told I would be getting contacted soon with feedback. After not hearing back for almost 2 weeks, I contacted HR to learn they were now not recruiting for the position and that it was "on hold"- A complete waste of my time

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sapphire Digital in April 2018.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR and he was satisfied to move me up to Sales Director. That interview lasted about an hour and he wanted me to talk directly with the President on Saturday morning. That seemed odd but figuring he was busy we scheduled the interview. He was late, in his car and driving his kids to an appointment. He called back and we had a good conversation about the position and every indication was that an offer would be forthcoming. He told me that he would follow up in a few days. Well that time frame passed and heard nothing so contacted HR again. I was told the position was "on hold". Based on other interviews on Glassdoor, apparently this is their way of saying no and not continuing on with the process.

Interview Questions

• Basic background questions about my knowledge about SEO and SEM, clients I have worked with in the past, etc.   Answer Question

ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lyndhurst, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sapphire Digital (Lyndhurst, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

The way they conducted the interview process clearly slowed they never knew how to handle candidates professionally. They took more than a month to reveal the details and respond to follow up questions about the status very late. They say that they are waiting for the final results and they keep posting the same job positing with additional requirements on other websites. This clearly indicates they are not going to fill the position but they still kept saying we are still in the process. they finally say that we are looking for other candidates 2 weeks later.

Product Interview

Interview

A call with HR, hiring manager, and then a long in-person interview that spanned almost 4 hours. I was completely ghosted after the in-person. Not sure what happened, but I wish I didn't take off and waste a day there for this result.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions and examples of past work. No cases.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lyndhurst, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sapphire Digital (Lyndhurst, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the role via LinkedIn and was contacted the next day. A phone interview followed the same week, then an in-person interview about a week later. Some time elapsed between that first round and the second (and final round) of interviews, which was perfectly understandable and acceptable to me; the communication during the process was good.

I felt there was a significant effort during the process to determine the cultural "fit" for both the company and me, which I think is critical on both sides. The interviews (beyond the phone screen) were conversational (as opposed to scripted) in nature which greatly helped me to get an idea of whether the opportunity was right for me. I think any candidate for any job should be an active participant in that two-way evaluation and I had an excellent experience from that perspective.

Interview Questions

• Vitals is a newer tech company, and your work experience has been in more traditional corporate environments. How would that experience add value here?   Answer Question

User Experience Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sapphire Digital.

Interview

I rate the process negatively because after 5 interviews (in-person/phone), over nearly 2 months time - Vitals did not have the decency to let me know that they were going in another direction for the role. I had to email my contact at HR after 3 weeks of silence to get that update... she obliged quickly with a form response. This felt very unprofessional considering the time that I had invested in the process. The hiring manager had disclosed to me during my interview that his last hire for the UX Dir. role was a mistake (a poor evaluation of the candidates skill and ability to lead), and the person was 'demoted.' This person is still a UX designer on the team (awkward). I should have recognized this as a red flag for the hiring process in general.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lyndhurst, NJ

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sapphire Digital (Lyndhurst, NJ) in August 2011.

Interview

They interview process at Vitals is very extensive and long. I think as a start up they know exactly the kind of people they want and they make sure that everyone you have to work with is positive about you before they bring you on borad.

I was contacted by a recruiter for the position, who was very nice and easy to work with and made sure I was suitable for the position before she set up my phone interview. The phone interview was with the department head. Seemed like an easy going person- we went through my resume over the phone and he asked my some questions related to my background and previous experience. Next step was a 1: 1 interview with him and the rest of the team. This was about a 2-3 hours interview session where I was interviewed by different department heads. The 3rd interview was with the company GM and the head of the sales team and a project manager.

The recruiter was nice enough to coordinate pretty much everything. Also everyone at Vitals was very easy going. The atmosphere and culture at the company seemed great. The benefits were just ok though.

Overal I would say a nice place to work if you are looking to work for a start up.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between project management and product management   Answer Question
    • What do you understand with the term Information Architecture   Answer Question

I was not sure about the growth possibilities at the organisation. Also working with a start up involves certain risks as they are funded by VC's.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sapphire Digital in October 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and we had a phone call, then I had a call with their Director of Data. He asked me to describe specific sql functions, which seemed a strange way to me to conduct a technical interview (as opposed to say, a technical exercise). He never followed up afterwards, which was unprofessional and gives me a negative impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• In X scenario, what sql query would you write in order to get Y data? Describe all of the sql functions, including inner and outer join.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sapphire Digital in January 2012.

Interview

Hiring process started Nov 4, 2011 with skype interviews, all went good. Received offer letter 12/13, not too bad. Soon after, hiring manager was let go for some reason (which itself calls into question their vetting process and overall business acumen), was told offer letter was no good, face-to-face interviews as contingency were missing from letter. Scheduled interviews, in offices Jan 5 for interviews with approx 6-7 people. Waited again for approx 17 days, received e-mail stating that they rethought strategy and will not be hiring reps in my area.
    Everyone was nice and professional, but there are obviously some issues when you receive an offer letter, the hiring manager is fired, and you get verbal spin with regard to why the offer letter is no longer valid, especially when I was told that the hiring manager was coordinating with her superior to write the letter within their guidelines. I really liked what they were trying to do, but in the span of the interview process the strategy changed numerous times.