Sargent & Lundy Entry Level Electrical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sargent & Lundy Entry Level Electrical Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Sargent & Lundy

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sargent & Lundy (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied through their career website, HR contacted and scheduled a phone interview with a manger. Got a call for onsite interview, they paid all my traveling expenses.
Onsite interview : it was pretty easy. No technical or behavioral questions. Met 4 people including HR, a young associate took me out for a lunch. It was a conversation rather than an interview, you will feel pretty relaxed.
I would recommend to prepare questions that you will ask before going, read their website in detail.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was pretty good, didn't negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for Sargent & Lundy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sargent & Lundy (Chattanooga, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

Spoke to Senior Engineer. He alone conducted the entire interview process. Which consisted of questions about my school and major. He then explained in detail the job that I was being interviewed for. He asked very few technical questions. I was then introduced to the other engineers in the department. Finally I was sent to speak with an owner/member who explained to me what Sargent & Lundy was all about. The entire interview process took about one hour.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sargent & Lundy (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

I met with a representative from HR first, then sat down for a half hour each with four separate engineers from various levels within the substation team of the power and delivery unit. I then had lunch with the Senior Manager of the substation engineering team. Interview lasted four and half hours total. I was put up in a hotel the night before as I was coming in from out of town. The whole interview process blew me away and was impressive to say the least. The interview questions were a mix of behavioral, some technical, but most questions were really aimed at gauging my level of interest in both the company and the type of work that I would be doing. I did a lot of research on the company's website and thought a lot about the company's rich history and standing in the power industry and the consulting and EPC space. That went a long way in me being informed about what the company does, allowing me to ask pointed questions that were meaningful and let the team know that I cared enough to ask them. Offer was great and I didn't negotiate.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about relays?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer
    • What was the most important concept that stuck out from your power systems analysis course?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sargent & Lundy (Chicago, IL) in February 2019.

Interview

They flew me out to Chicago and put me up at the Palmer House next door (super nice). They make you pay for it upfront but they reimburse for all travel expenses and be careful, they can only pay out at the beginning of each month so depending when you interview you might be stuck with a big hole in your wallet.

Interview was a lot of fun though, met with HR and engineers from varying levels and then lunch and benefits talk afterwards

Interview Questions

• Why S&L, why power, questions about resume, what did you learn from (work experience)   1 Answer