Sasol Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

3.4

Summer R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sasol (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and heard back about three months later to schedule a phone interview. Spoke with three chemists on the phone who were knowledgeable about three different intern projects. All three were knowledgeable and said HR would contact me.

Interview Questions

• What research equipment I have used and how I've used the data? (and other items from my resume)   1 Answer

IT Business Partner - Demand & Optimization Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sasol (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted by HR. A phone interview was scheduled within 2 days. Than, a face-to-face interview was scheduled for one week . I interviewed with two peers. The questions were fairly common interview questions. The second portion of the interview was with the Business Relationship Manager. His questions were on a much deeper level pertaining to the role. HR was present throughout the entire interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe project steps. If you had a project in which one of the key stakeholders was behind schedule, how would you handle this? If you had a meeting in 20 minutes and you realized a key stakeholder was behind in a task, how would you approach this? If you had a meeting in 1 day and you realized a key stakeholder was behind in a task, how would you approach this? Share with me your biggest accomplishment. Describe a time in which you had conflict with a co-worker and how did you handle the situation. If you have a team member who is not performing how would you handle this? What are the 3 key things you look for in a role?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sasol.

Interview

Interview with HR representative, department head, and site manager, all at the same time. Personal questions from the former interspersed with engineering-related questions from latter two. Not a particularly difficult interview, but certain personal factors turned it into a challenge for me. Remote site location apparently an important consideration.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our products and how we manufacture them?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sasol (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a panel consisting of operations managers and senior engineering management. The people were very friendly and made me feel very comfortable. I was able to elaborate on my background and explain previous experience obtained before they started asking questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you did not get along with management.   1 Answer

Team Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sasol.

Interview

Was contacted for a interview. Interview was with one HR representative and two managers in that department. The questions were standard interview questions with a few scenarios thrown in between. Very professional. I had to supply forms for background check and references.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel that you have reached some of the goals you set for yourself and do you feel you are where you should be already? How do you handle conflict? What is your favorite part of your work? What do you not like to do?   Answer Question

Behaviour Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sasol (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in November 2015.

Interview

2 rounds. First was with management from head-office, second was with management from the actual mining house. Though my initial contact was through meeting an employee at a conference who recommended I keep my eyes open for positions in the future, she then passed my CV on.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why I thought I was good for the role (why am I passionate about safety)?   1 Answer

Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secunda (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sasol (Secunda (South Africa)) in June 2015.

Interview

two interviews : psychometric , panel.There were three interviewers , two engineers in my chosen discipline that is industrial engineering.and also a senior human resources officer.a.It was a panel and the interview questions where very long and difficult.We were a total group on that day of about 70 students a total of three hundred students were to be interviewed by the end of the week.This happened in the second day of the interview process.
    On the first day after having driven for four hours were where given a whole day test based on maths , science and english , all bursary students

Learnership Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sasol.

Interview

The hiring process is basically through a sms system where you will have to answer a few questions and if you meet requirements you shall be contacted for a physcometric/ IQ test amongst other individuals, once passed that phase then a face to face interview follows

Interview Questions

• What happens when you put water and oil in the same cup.
      What is that process called?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Bursary Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sasol (Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)).

Interview

Applied for the bursary online. Supplied my grades as well as a Cover Letter. Got invited for an on-campus interview which consisted of 1) English language test, 2) Maths test, 3) Learning potential test on computer and 4) Panel interview (consisted of 3 Industrial Engineers, or whichever discipline your bursary is for, and a HR specialist). The tests are quite easy and the interview itself is easy enough if you know what to expect: typical Experience Based interview

Interview Questions

• Describe you most difficult situation you encountered Conflict in   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you took the lead in a team.   Answer Question

Analyst Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sasolburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sasol (Sasolburg (South Africa)) in November 2012.

Interview

the process took 2 weeks, the first interview was technical test written, the second was face to face.
    the response time was very quick, we got the results for the test same day