Savannah Chatham County BOE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Savannah Chatham County BOE Interview Questions

2.8

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Savannah Chatham County BOE (Savannah, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Took three weeks. Interview wasn't that bad--interviewer was very friendly and all the staff were very accommodating. Really cool management structure and nice working environment all around. They called me in after I applied online. Got called a few days after my initial application, a very quick process and relatively painless.

Interview Questions

• Why Savannah Chatham County BOE?   1 Answer

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Savannah Chatham County BOE (Savannah, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted within 10 days of the job closing date. The HR rep who contacted me was extremely helpful and genuinely nice. I was excited to interview for this position. I stayed at a hotel next to the BOE the night before to make sure I was early for the interview.

I showed up 25 minutes early and there were two people ahead of me in the office. The first person went back as soon as I sat down and interviewed for about 10 minutes. The other person interviewing went in about 1 hour after I showed up. He interviewed for about 20 minutes. I have now been sitting in the office for over an hour. A person from the interview panel came out and said they would be with me shortly. I could hear them in the room laughing about the last interviewee's answers.

A person from the panel came out and called me in. I had been sitting in the office for almost two hours past my appointment time. No reason or apology was given for making me wait. They introduced themselves and jumped right into the interview. Each of the four members had six questions each. During my answers I noticed the HR representative on the panel visibly bored with my answers. After about the first minute of my answers he seemed disinterested and looked at me as if to say...okay, that is enough.

An interview is already stressful without an extended wait, overhearing the mocking of the previous candidate or some of the panel showing disinterest. I was qualified for the position but they seemed to already have someone for the job. Why waste the time of people if they don't have a shot at the position?

I have never written a review like this before and I hope people don't think I feel slighted. There is a possibility I get another call since I interviewed a couple days ago. I just felt the lack of professionalism was something I needed to share. If I were to get another interview or the job offer, I would decline it due to the manner in which I was treated. If they treated me this way during the interview process than I have to ask myself how they would treat me as an employee.

Interview Questions

• They had basic purchasing and business questions. Nothing difficult if you understand the position.   Answer Question

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Savannah Chatham County BOE (Savannah, GA).

Interview

Laid back. One on one interview with a Program Manager. Basic questions about speech and language therapy.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a principal who wants to control how you schedule your students for therapy?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Savannah Chatham County BOE.

Interview

I applied to SCCPSS from out of state. My principal was willing to interview me over the phone but I flew down to check out the area and interview in person. I interviewed at the school in his office and it seemed very informal. I've interviewed for other positions in the district since then and the interviews all took place at the BOE downtown and seemed to follow a formulaic process and, at times, involved a panel of interviewers.

Interview Questions

• I've felt the most difficult aspect of the teacher interview is the fact that principals are almost always looking for a teacher who will also head an extra curricular activity. I suggest you think about what you would be willing to do if you really want the job. If you don't want to or don't have the time, I recommend coming up with a really good excuse as to why (you have kids, you are getting another degree at night school or online.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

After I was hired I had to come to the BOE to be fingerprinted and drug tested.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Savannah Chatham County BOE in August 2013.

Interview

In the process of being hired for the 21st Century Community Learning Centers it all begins with the online application. Upon review of the application candidates are then placed on a phone interview as the first round. If phone interviews goes well the candidate would then meet with the program coordinator and Director for the in person interview. If the candidate successfully answers the questions fired at them in the interview and impresses the board with new ideas and innovative techniques to better the overall functioning of the program the candidate will then be processed for hire.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is the greatest deficit to the education system today, and what innovative ideas would you implement to change the outcomes?   Answer Question

Campus Monitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Savannah Chatham County BOE (Savannah, GA) in July 2009.

Interview

Interviewing process was very simple. I interviewed with the Principal and was offered the job at the conclusion of my interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself?   1 Answer
    • How do your co workers describe you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation was made with HR.