Savannah College of Art and Design Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.6

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design (Savannah, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview slated for 30 minutes. I did not get a Skype like the others so I guess that meant I wasn't getting selected, but I did not know that at the time. She asked me to recite my resume and cut me off mid stream. Then she asked me to say why I wanted to work for SCAD and I gave her a escalator speech. Then she said, "you're right about SCAD being great... but looking at your resume, good stuff but its, idk, overqualified???" I'm sorry, it's rude and don't try this at home, but I had to agree with her so I just hung up the phone.

She must have known that I applied for three different positions with SCAD and was only over qualified for one of them. Guess I just wanted to see where I fit in, but I could have been interviewed for either of the other two if she felt like that. The point is, that wasn't really fair because I was interviewed for something she already knew I wasn't eligible for. your resume has to go through her first before it goes past her to the hiring manager.

Transfer Adviser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position about a month prior to my interview. I received a call from an HR recruiter to schedule a Skype interview for the following day. The recruiter sent an email with her Skype id. I skyped the recruiter the following day and I have to say, the recruiter was anything but pleasant. She asked a lot of questions that seemed a bit unnecessary and I feel like she was trying to stump me. She sighed a lot and seemed annoyed and unimpressed with most of my answers. Lots of eye rolls, as well. Clearly this recruiter either has poor people skills or just didn't like me for whatever reason. I honestly am glad I was not chosen for this position because having her an my interviewee was a terrible first impression of SCAD for me.

Interview Questions

• If you put in blood, sweat and tears for a Psychology degree, why would you want a career in higher education?   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design (New York, NY).

Interview

Three part process. One Skype, then second is with the training director and HR, then the third is a presentation you have to give as if you were giving a presentation for interested students. The third interview is with all the upper management of admissions.

Administrative Interview

Application

The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design.

Interview

They were late...twice. Good to mediocre questions, no dialogue, lighting was so bad I couldn't see faces. Seemed to go well twice...then months went by no contact. I was told early on I was a top candidate, so the silence seemed contadictiry. Never received a thank you for your time email, which is a proper university courtesy. I wish them luck in their search, but as a seasoned worker in the field, I was left hanging and if the remote chance they would contact me, I'd be wary.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want the position...how would I deal with conflict.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design (Savannah, GA).

Interview

I applied for the position in early March and was contacted by HR in late May. The interview process took two and a half weeks. I first did a Skype interview with HR, then an in-person interview with the Director of Enrollment and an HR member, and a final interview with the Director of Admissions and an HR member that included a 5-7 minute presentation. The final interview also included lunch with two current ADEs.

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Got an interview within a week of applying. The first interview was a quick interview with a staff recruiter over on Skype. Probably lasted 10 minutes. It was a pleasant interview. I was told that she was happy enough with me and that a recommendation would be made to go to the next level. Few days later I had the second interview with the same recruiter and the head of admissions. It was done over Skype too. However, since then it's been at least 6 weeks and I have had no contact, not even courtesy email. Quite disappointing!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design (Savannah, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online for three different administrative assistant positions and received an email within two business days with a request for a telephonic interview for only one of them. The HR representative called me as scheduled. I asked which department the position was located (it was not listed on the site) and was given the location. Through the course of the interview, I found out the interviewer was handling all three positions to which I coincidentally applied. Upon hearing the information, I asked if the interview was just for that one position. She said, "Yes." I was asked a few questions and was disappointed to hear a smug chortle when she heard my response that my work experience is greater than my degrees. I asked a few questions to which she said she couldn't answer - simple questions about benefits. I received an emailed letter of rejection the next morning and then with the next few days received rejection letters for the other two positions for which I was not even interviewed (but she was handling. I was rather shocked to be rejected for a position which would pose no more challenging than handling my own family affairs on a daily basis. I decided to do research on the interviewer and found that she is relatively young and without a doubt does not have enough work or life experience to judge anybody's capabilities for a simple desk job. During my search, I located information on this site about the company and have determined that not being offered a job must be a blessing in disguise.

Interview Questions

• How do your recent degrees directly apply to the position you applied for? (Yes, this is how she worded the question, not me. I know that a sentence is not supposed to end with a preposition!)   1 Answer

Enrollment Events Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design (Savannah, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from HR one week later to set up a Skype interview. The first interview lasted about 30 minutes. She only gave me the opportunity to ask one question at the end, but immediately set up a second Skype interview.

The second Skype interview included the same HR person and two people from the hiring department. It was only 20 minutes long and they interrupted me 15 minutes in to say that there was a bad connection and they'd need to finish the interview over the phone. Once again, I was instructed that they only had time for one question. They told me they'd be in touch by the end of the week. During my two interviews there was a lot of emphasis on how many hours I'd be willing to work with the understanding that it would sometimes be above 40. I got the impression that it would be well beyond 40 hours on a regular basis given how much attention they were giving to that particular aspect of one of my previous jobs.

Sometime the following week, I received an email from the same HR woman stating that they'd decided not to consider me for the position - but it was for a different position at the Atlanta campus. My status is listed as "Not Hired" for that position and I'm still "In Process" for the original job, which I assume is an error.

Enrollment Events Manager - Tours Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design in March 2016.

Interview

Skype interview with HR rep. One week later HR rep called to set up face to face interview. Face to face included HR rep, director & manager and lasted about 45 minutes. Very formal, structured interview process. Over qualified for position.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      Why do you want to work for SCAD?
      What question were you expecting us to ask?
      Answer Question

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design (Savannah, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was very easy-going and laid back. It only lasted about five minutes and the woman was incredibly sweet and bubbly. Went in, she asked about my experience with the school and what I would want to change about it.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite thing about SCAD?   1 Answer