Savannah College of Art and Design Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Savannah College of Art and Design

2.7

Sort:

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design.

Interview

Phone call followed by an in-person interview with direct boss and boss's boss. It was fairly casual as far as an interview goes and went section by section over my resume. I received a phone call with an offer shortly afterwards.

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design in June 2015.

Interview

Too many steps to the process and very slow to respond. Took 3 months total from start to finish and long gaps of not hearing anything back. Not good at describing the actual benefits you will receive. Very miss leading.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Got an interview within a week of applying. The first interview was a quick interview with a staff recruiter over on Skype. Probably lasted 10 minutes. It was a pleasant interview. I was told that she was happy enough with me and that a recommendation would be made to go to the next level. Few days later I had the second interview with the same recruiter and the head of admissions. It was done over Skype too. However, since then it's been at least 6 weeks and I have had no contact, not even courtesy email. Quite disappointing!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design (New York, NY).

Interview

Three part process. One Skype, then second is with the training director and HR, then the third is a presentation you have to give as if you were giving a presentation for interested students. The third interview is with all the upper management of admissions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design (Savannah, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Two Skype sessions about a week or so apart, and then an on-campus interview. Total process took about 4-5 weeks. The Skype interviews were about 45 minutes, and the on-campus was 27 minutes total. Skype interview was very in-depth about approaches to recruitment and moving from a student development role into recruiting, and more about my goals as a professional. On-campus consisted of four people including the Staff Recruiter. I was asked to prepare a five-minute presentation imagining that my audience consisted of high school students who knew nothing about SCAD. Was asked generic questions about how to build relationships with students, how I feel about speaking in front of large crowds, had my presentation, and then was able to ask one follow question of my own. The staff recruiter is amazing. Extremely personal, gets to know you as a person, and really appreciates you as an applicant - something I don't see very often. However, the on-campus interview itself felt very impersonal. I could tell they had several interviews lined up that afternoon and was shocked that it only took half an hour. Most higher ed on-campus interviews consist of an agenda for the entire day/afternoon. I walked away pretty much knowing I didn't get the job. After three days, I received the standard HR e-mail confirming so. Overall, I was impressed with the process until the actual panel interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your approach to recruiting students on a personal level?   Answer Question
    • How would you approach a last minute change of venue for an admissions presentation; say you were planning on being in a classroom for 15, but then were told you were in an auditorium for 250.   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design in April 2017.

Interview

Skype Interview- the interviewer split the time (30 minutes) as her half and my half to ask questions/converse. She asked about my previous experience and specific SCAD knowledge so be prepared to know some facts and be confident in talking about htem.

Interview Questions

• What is one aspect of this position that you believe would be a challenge to you?   1 Answer

Admission Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

After I applied online, I was asked to a phone interview. It was 20-30 minutes long and very positive--the HR person was very friendly and also answered my questions very openly. I was then asked for an in-person interview, which involved the admissions director and the same HR person. The questions were pretty easy in that they were the typical interview questions, so if you are prepared for those, you should be fine. Then, I was asked for another in person interview with another HR person and the VP of admissions. I had to do a presentation, and the interview was a bit more awkward than the other two--sometimes repetitive, unclear questions were asked, and I wasn't sure exactly what they were asking or how to respond. Still, the people were very friendly, and made sure to emphasize aspects of the job that would not be ideal for some people.

Interview Questions

Another offer. I was also hesitant due to the repeated emphasis on poor work-life balance. I don't mind working extra hours, but I personally don't want to have to do it every week when I'm not getting paid hourly.

Admission Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design (Savannah, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

It starts with a call from human resources, then a call with your boss and immediate supervisor, then an interview with the assistant director of admissions, and finally an interview with the director of admissions

Interview Questions

• 10 minute presentation about the school   1 Answer

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montpelier, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design (Montpelier, VT) in April 2015.

Interview

The process started as a phone call by HR to set up a time. She told me one time, and then emailed me a confirmation of a different time. I emailed back with no response. Since the interview was through skype, I waited around for almost an hour. once they finally called in, the questions were very scripted, it was not conversational.

Model Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design (Savannah, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

Three or four people were involved in the interview, all from HR I think. They basically asked about my previous experience, my availability, and my reasons for wanting to model. There was never a request for a photo or anything before they met me and they didn't need references. I think they basically wanted to make sure I wasn't a gross pervert and that I would show up on time--what else do you really need to ask an artists' model?