Savannah College of Art and Design Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Savannah College of Art and Design

2.6
HardAverageEasy
Found 90 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design (United States)

Interview

Three interviews: Phone call interview with HR, Team interview with Manager, VP interview, which is an average level difficult. HR works slow may contact you 3 weeks later after the final interview.

Interview Questions
  • Briefly introduce yourself, why you are interested in work at SCAD
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design (United States)

Interview

I didn’t actually apply for this job, they found me. There was an initial phone interview with a not very professional sounding HR person, who made it clear that I shouldn’t have high expectations as far as compensation. An hour long video interview with 3 people (which was postponed once to a later date) went fairly well, everyone was friendly, but there were immediate red flags, like them saying the job has poor life/work balance, and asking outdated questions like “tell us 5 things about yourself”. Then came the reddest flag: a spec project: an immortal practice which allows potential employers get free work from creative professionals. This practice, although looked down upon in the field, is still somewhat common with recent grads who are trying to get their foot in the door. Asking someone with 15+ years work experience for such a thing means a prospective employer is either looking to take advantage of you, is unable to judge an existing portfolio, or is simply trying to see how bendable (susceptive to workplace abuse) you are. I agreed to the project, thinking the gig sounds interesting enough. I should’ve known better. The actual project, which I expected to be fairly simple, was a massive, multilayered assignment that I could easily charge 10K for in the real world. Meanwhile I was asked for a cover letter two weeks after the interview. Strangely casual emails with smiley faces also made me question professionalism of this group. By the time I was working on the project I knew I didn’t want the job, but went through with it since I gave a promise. I received a formal rejection letter on Friday morning. (HR people, don’t send these on Fridays, you are ruining people’s weekends). I am not upset that I didn’t get the job, I had some big concerns. I am however pretty angry by the amount of time and effort they demanded, and how used it made me feel.

Interview Questions
Savannah College of Art and Design
Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design (Albany, NY) in Apr 2020

Interview

Was contacted for interview; did follow-up and then teaching demonstration. All went pretty smoothly. Have to submit credentials and I think they'll do a background check. The interview was relatively painless with typical questions being asked of me.

Interview Questions
Savannah College of Art and Design
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design (United States)

Interview

I applied online through Savannah College of Art and Design. I received an email 2 days later. I was to interview through video recording through an outside party app.

Interview Questions
Savannah College of Art and Design
Application

Interview

There were no technical question asked - it was all behavioral and fit-based. There were two interviews, one with a group of two, and then with a group of three people. One of the easiest interviews I've had.

Interview Questions
Savannah College of Art and Design
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design (United States) in Jan 2020

Interview

Human Resources contacted me via e-mail after submitting an application through their career portal. They scheduled an interview the next week and I spoke to HR over the phone. The interview was a little less than 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • How would you help a student who needed assistance with professional communication?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design (United States)

Interview

3 round interviews, quite professional and standard questions, group interview on-site, very smooth and comfortable conversation. Phone interview with HR, then 2 round panel interview. Be confident on yourself. They are very nice and professional.

Interview Questions
Savannah College of Art and Design
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design (Savannah, GA) in Dec 2019

Interview

I applied as they indicated and sent work samples as customary. I later received a call from their HR and the woman was actually angry that I sent the sample. I asked her why and she would only say they samples are not accepted. Keep in mind this place is supposed to pride itself on creativity and original thinking and this person was angry for me expressing this and showing proof of mine. She was upset to the point that I suggested she send it back at my expense if she wanted....she didn't. Odd. I later spoke to a recruiter for a phone interview in December '19 who was a nice enough fellow who seemed knowledgeable. He said he would let me know within two weeks telling me I could call if I had any questions. He never returned calls or replied to emails. He finally let me know March 3 '20 that I was turned down despite my having done prototyping for SpaceX, NASA, Northrop Grumman, and more. Some of my work has appeared in a Smithsonian Affiliate Museum.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about experience in both conventional and high tech prototyping?
Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design (Savannah, GA)

Interview

After I applied for the job online, I was interviewed by two of my advisors. The process was very chill and informal, but still very professionally minded. They're main questions had to deal with being able to handle high stress situations and conflicts. There was also a lot of importance on being friendly and nice, since you also have to work as a sort of ambassador for SCAD for the parents.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design (Savannah, GA) in Aug 2019

Interview

Countless calls, Skype interviews and time in meetings with people and Deans, including a visit to campus which is 1-2 days too long and a free consulting lesson for the School.

Interview Questions
  • How does SCAD get into the conversation with the like McKinsey and other consulting firms about the value of its graduates vs. graduates from leading business schools, like Harvard and Wharton.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 90