Save-A-Lot Food Stores Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Save-A-Lot Food Stores Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.9

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

Two men, the corporate owner and the store manager.. they introduced themselves and asked me to explaine a little about myself. Asked what i knew about save a lot, Asked why I wanted to work with thee company, ran through a history of my jobs andthings ive done . Asked if id be willing to travel for trainingto work in the cash office....they seemed to really bee impressed with my work history. Very easy and laid back interview. Hope I get the job!

Interview Questions

• Name three things you look for when you enter a store   1 Answer
  • What did I know about the store   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Save-A-Lot Food Stores

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Did my phone interview, went well. Instructed to do an assessment test online, went well. Had a couple of interviews that went well. Got presented with an offer. Now waiting for background check. Took about 12 days, longest days of my life. New I had a couple misdemeanor and driving infractions but was still optimistic. Got a call saying I didnt pass my background check, and I would receive a copy of the background check. I received it few days later. Dont know if I failed because of my record or things I omitted, like my driving record that they didnt ask for. I did have a problem putting my second misdemeanor on their, somehow it skeped me to the end, not allowing me to put in the second one, so maybe that hurt me. I explanded it in the notes at the end.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Austell, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

interview went great. interviewers were friendly and explained that they would like to have me work for the company. They wanted me to start from cashier and work my way up, so that I can learn more about the company.

Was called back two weeks later to take drug test and update my account information on website giving them the okay to run the background check. So I'm waiting on the background check to come through.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Detroit, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

After applying got contacted by a recruiter to do a interview. After the phone interview I had a in store interview which was super easy and lasted about 10 Mins ( Thank Jesus). Talked about my Salary , (they will try to low ball you if you let them). It was about a three week process.

Anonymous Employee in Claymont, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Claymont, DE).

Interview

4 interviews, fist is a regular interview with a Recruiter, who will go over the normal basic questions review your resume. Second interview is a store walk through with the recruiter also. Third interview is with one or several division reps. You will go over your salary requirements and references and a few questions regarding you previous management experience. Forth interview they are prepared to offer you a position, but will attempt to Negotiate Your salary requirements they will call you after the interview to give you a date to start the management training program.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What is you management style like? How will you contribute to our stores profitably? How long do you plan ro work for Save A Lot.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores.

Interview

Overall good experience, took almost 2 months to be on boarded. 4 different interviews. Phone,store,Dm,regional.
    My last interview was the Dm and the regional and a regional in training. They do try to talk you out of the job, it is a way to see how strong you are.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Patience is key

Anonymous Employee in Claymont, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Claymont, DE) in May 2015.

Interview

Great interview. Panel interview asked basic questions that related to my resume and my career wants and need. Interviewed by 4 District Managers on their interview day. I walked out feeling really good about the whole process. Unforunately, the job is not nearly as good though.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores.

Interview

I applied online for the position of ASM. A few days later I received a phone call from a recruiter wanting to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview went well along with the assessment I did afterwards. The only obstacle was my salary range. I lowered it to the bare minimum I'd work for any company for! I was then scheduled for a store tour/interview. The store was in bad shape and wasn't conditioned at all. I spoke with the store manager. He asked very few questions and most of them were very basic. I had far more challenging questions than he did. After walking and talking with the SM, I felt far more qualified for his position than he did. The recruiter called me the following day to inform that they would not go any further with me. And that the feedback was that my skills were not what they were looking for. But in my opinion I just wasn't a good fit. I would've outshined and overshadowed a manager like himself.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores.

Interview

very detailed questionaire and problem solving scenarios along with serious math test. was a timed test and was very difficult if you been out of school for awhile as i was.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

yes i was able to negotiate somewhat

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Charlotte, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

Lots of back and forth. Process took 6 weeks. Began with a call from a recruiter in Florida. She asks standard questions. If you have another job pending DO NOT mention it. Next take online assessment. And interview with DM if you do well. Then one more interview with regional mgr. Then HR will call to verify work history and etc.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about talent development and mgr duties. If you have mgr experience you should do fine. They are relaxed during interview but don't let that fool you.   Answer Question