Save-A-Lot Food Stores Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

1.5

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Akron, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on Indeed.com. Two days later I was called for an "interview." Didn't ask me any questions, just told me how many hours I'd be working and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Save-A-Lot Food Stores

Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Youngstown, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Just a couple questions and a math test, it was basically tell me about yourself, your experience and why you want to work here. It's hard to keep employees he said. Too many young people call off and don't want to work

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was short and quick. The store seemed desperate for employees and i need a job. The Interviewer really never answered my questions that i had about the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   Answer Question
    • Do you have difficulty accepting orders from someone younger than you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Daytona Beach, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

When I was called into the store to have my employment interview with the store manager, it was a quick and easy process and seemed more like a formality than anything. The manager already had my previous employment information on file, saw that I already have extensive retail experience, and mainly went through a checklist of required questions that didn't require very detailed answers. He then told me where to go for my drug test and that he'd call me when those results came back.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you had to make a leadership decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

The store manager introduced himself along with the assistant manager in a breakroom. He seem to talk very fast and I could barely understand what he was saying. He told me to tell a little about myself and I told them how much experience I have. He told me he had more people to interview and I would get a call and the hiring process is online to make sure my email addy is current. In suspense!

Interview Questions

• If it were just me on the front end and someone spilled something, my line was backed up and carts were all over the parking lot, which is more important.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2014.

Interview

I don't really remember the interview process all that much, it felt a bit rushed. I think in total they asked me maybe 5 questions, all of which were very vague. I realize that none of the questions that they asked me mattered, because I was gonna get minimum wage no matter how long I've worked previously.

Interview Questions

• What work Experience did I have.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chambersburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Chambersburg, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was beyond easy. They simply asked my availability and hired me on the spot. They didn't ask anything about what I did outside of work, or anything that could be relevant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just told me I could have the job and scheduled me 3 days on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Campbellsville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Campbellsville, KY) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied in person. Couple days later was interviewed. Couple days after that was called in for a drug test. Couple days after that was asked to start the job the next week.

Anonymous Employee in Peekskill, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Peekskill, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

It was really easy. It's not difficult at all. The hiring manager asked a few basic questions. The interview is more of a formality. If you get a call back after you applied online and you passed the background check, then you got the job. Idk how important it is to dress for the interview, but every one of my co-workers that I saw leave the interview well dressed got hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Columbus, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied roughly a month before they called to set up an interview. When I walked in the very friendly cashier took me to their back room, which was a mess. When the manager finally came in she didn't introduce herself or even attempt to shake my hand. I tried to start small talk but she wasn't in to it. She started firing interview questions, never giving me eye contact and any kind of feedback. After the questions I had to take a math test (know to to calculate percents in your head), and a personality test which was all about stealing. Once I finished all she said was you can leave now so I went on my way. She called 3 days later to offer me the position, which only paid minimum wage, and told me orientation started Wednesday at 9am. I have class at that time & couldn't make it. I asked to reschedule and she said guess you don't want the job and hung up on me.

Interview Questions

I couldn't make the orientation so the manager hung up on me.