Save-A-Lot Food Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.3

Meat Cutter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Canton, OH).

Interview

You basically go in and answer typical interview questions. By this point they already know if they want to hire you. You don't want to work here anyway.. big gossip place.. they drop meat on the floor and still sell it to customers ... they rewrap meat so it is rotten when you get it and upper management tells them to do this ... sad part is they don't feel bad... this is why I gave my 2 weeks after 10 years of working here, after finding this out

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton Township, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Clinton Township, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online. They called me a week later for a interview. I showed up on time and the manager showed up late for the interview. There were 2 guys interviewing me. They asked my availability and asked about my work experience. Then one of the asked me who filled out my application. I personally thought that was a very discriminating question because i look a little young for my age. told me the hiring process. They said they would send me a email and then I have to verify for a background check. Then I would have to go somewhere and do a drug screening test. It's been over a week and I still have not yet received a email.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?
      What work experience do you have?   Answer Question

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Youngstown, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

They asked the same questions as anywhere else. You must be available on weekdays and holidays. They asked me who I thought I was. I had all the experience they were looking for but did not get offered the job

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Port Richey, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (New Port Richey, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

It was pretty laid back for the most part. I handed in my resume, & the woman interviewing me basically just based her interview questions off the resume. She just verified certain info with me that was included in my resume. The one-on-one interview took a total of 45 minutes. I actually really liked the lady that handled the interview. She was extremely informative & very nice.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH

Application

Interview

Just a couple questions and a math test, it was basically tell me about yourself, your experience and why you want to work here. It's hard to keep employees he said. Too many young people call off and don't want to work

Store Clerk Interview

Interview

Took forever. They started by emailing me asking for more information so they can run a background check. Afterwards I finally got called in for an interview. It was fairly simple. They asked basic questions you would expect any hiring manager to ask you.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was short and quick. The store seemed desperate for employees and i need a job. The Interviewer really never answered my questions that i had about the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   Answer Question
    • Do you have difficulty accepting orders from someone younger than you?   1 Answer

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

An interview starts with a resume. Next, maybe the phone call. Afterwards a brief discussions about your experience and skill set. Maybe a in person conference with the employer and candidate. At most times are home friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above add beyond expectations for someone you did not know?   1 Answer

Distribution Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in February 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted about 30 to 45 minutes. The interview started off with basic questions asking who I was and how I got to the college I attend. The questions slowly progressed into harder ones, but they remained pretty easy throughout. It was essentially a behavioral interview and it was pretty easy. Not much preparation needed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you failed at something, but later overcame it?   Answer Question

Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Detroit, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

Basically ask you your availability and explains the duties . If you have an interview your hired . They will explain how easy it is to get promoted but unless you are up there .... Then it's very unlikely