Save-A-Lot Food Stores Store Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Save-A-Lot Food Stores Store Clerk Interview Questions

Interviews at Save-A-Lot Food Stores

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Memphis, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online at indeed.com and 2 days after that received a phone call to come in for an interview. Interview was very laid back. I was told that I'd receive a phone call for my drug test.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about bending the rules for a good cause?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Save-A-Lot Food Stores

Store Clerk Interview

Interview

The interview was fairly easy and was not hard at all. I asked them when can I start and the manager said after my background check results come back. I would recommend this job to anybody

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Orlando, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

I went onto EmployFlorida.com. I saw the advertisement for part time store clerk. I read the details of the position. I filled out the online application. I contacted the store advertised in the adverstisement. I visited the location and gave the store manager my resume. They called me three days later for an interview. They asked me questions reference experience. They repeated the details of the position and the hours available and asked if I would have a problem with it. I did not have an issue with the duties or the hours available. I was told that there were more interviews completed and would receive a call if I was chosen to fill the one position they had available. I received the call and was told I was hired for the position and when to come in for Orientation.

Interview Questions

• I had to explain why my employment with my previous employers was terminated. I was told to say that they were broken due to personal reasons but I did not feel that it was right to say personal reasons. I felt honesty was the best policy. The interviewer liked my honesty and authenticity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for I accepted what was available to me and understood that it may be limited for a time. I understood that if I performed well, more may become available.

Store Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores.

Interview

it is about customer customer customer and some that is willing to make it our frist home

Negotiation

they will want you work ur tail off for them and they dont work with you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Fayetteville, NC) in October 2010.

Interview

Hiring process consists on the 1:1 interview. Applying online is beneficial as there is no written application on site received a phone reply after a day. Interviewer ask general interview questions. My advice is be yourself and have references currently or formerly who have worked there. Store is relativity small.

Interview Questions

• Out of __ interviewees that we are interviewing, what make us want to hire you and what would make you stand out from the others?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Baltimore, MD) in December 2013.

Interview

Basically you get called into the office or break room to be interviewed by one of the store managers who may or may not understand what they are suppose to do. The interview is generally very short, and reguardless of how it went, the final decision is left to the head store manager, even if they didn't interview you. In my experience, you are less likely to be hired if you live within the neighborhood the store is located.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Tampa, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

You arrive to the store, very welcoming environment in most cases, and you are greeted by the hiring manager(usually the assistant store manager or store manager) they ask to tell them about yourself, your availability, previous job experience, and if there is anything hindering you to perform on or above company levels of production. In most cases if you are a decent individual that shows manners and respect and answers politely and honestly you will get hired. You must pass a background check as a final step to getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. Do you go to school? How old are you?   3 Answers
    • What’s your availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied on the company's website and a few days later got a call.

It started with a phone interview with the recruiter. He was just trying to get to know me and see if I was a good fit while also confirming some information. He told me he would love to pass me on to the next part of the interview process. A few days or maybe a week later I had an in store interview with one of the store managers. He looked over some paper work and asked about my availability. Basic interview process with easy standard questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond to exceed a customer expectations   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

I went to the interview it was laid back I really enjoyed it smiled the whole time it's really easy to get a job here if you get a interview just be yourself

Interview Questions

• what would you do if someone tried to robbed the grocery store?   Answer Question

Store Clerk Interview

Interview

Took forever. They started by emailing me asking for more information so they can run a background check. Afterwards I finally got called in for an interview. It was fairly simple. They asked basic questions you would expect any hiring manager to ask you.