Save the Children Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Save the Children Interview Questions

Interviews at Save the Children

2.6

Interview

It was smooth, nothing surprised. The questions being asked are pretty normal, like "Tell me about yourself? Why are you interested in our organization?" Overall, if you're familiar with your own resume, you gonna be fine. The interviewer is nice.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in our organization and the position?   Answer Question

Senior Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Save the Children.

Interview

Wonderful, very knowledgeable. Focused on goals for the agency and needs. Did not come across as arrogant but really looking for the right candidate to fit into the mission and vision of the organization.

Summer Internship Interview

Interview

The interview process was organized and there were a couple rounds. You speak with a few managers on the team and eventually, you will be placed under one of their guidance over the summer. It was a great experience!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself
      Why Save the Children
      Tell us about a time you had a cross cultural experience   Answer Question

Corporate Partnerships Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Save the Children (Fairfield, CT).

Interview

Exploitative hiring practices. I was asked to come up with my own marketing ploys and present on them, powerpoint and all- before I was hired, with no pay, while they took notes and stole my ideas...
    The employees I interacted with had a rather stuck-up heir about them, not the warmhearted disposition you would expect from those devoted to the mission of saving children.
    Enviornment seemed very corporate/toxic- after 3 interviews, including the presentation, I knew it wasn't for me.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (Fairfield, CT).

Interview

I phone screened with someone from HR and then I had a phone interview then an in person interview. I got to meet with the person who would be my boss and the Director of the team/department. So cool to see the office, it's really branded!

Interview Questions

• what is one thing you're proud of   3 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children in November 2019.

Interview

Applied online through their website and they emailed me about a month later. Scheduled a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes. Half of the time was spent on the description of the position and the rest was about me and one actual interview question.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Save the Children.

Interview

Applied online, heard back about a month later directly from hiring manager. HR then set up a time for an in-person 2 hr interview. There was no phone screening, which I found odd. I had no opportunity to discuss salary, benefits, the organization or my own fitness for the position, which I feel is something that absolutely needs to happen before a 2 hr interview with the team I'd be working with. HR did nothing to facilitate this process beyond arranging a time. I go in person for the panel interview, and the team had prepared only 7 or so questions. I got the impression that they were handed these questions from HR directly. Most of the interview was entirely me asking questions and trying to make conversation. There were no follow on questions to those 7 questions, no questions about me from my resume or cover letter, just 7 canned questions. It was incredibly awkward. Perhaps a decision had been made before I even walked into the room, but I took 2 hours of vacation time to come in, and would have appreciated if the panel had been more prepared or acted like they had put in any effort at all. I was told I would hear back within a week (there is no mention of references. I asked about salary and was told to talk to HR. Who in HR? The recruiter had barely been involved.) I don't hear back in a week. When I do hear back, I get an email from someone I've never spoken to telling me the position had been filled. I took two hours of vacation time to come to this bizarre interview, the least the hiring manager or the non-existent recruiter could do is email me themselves. Had I been offered this position I would have declined based on the interview alone. I was left with a bad impression of an organization I respected.

Interview Questions

Save the Children Response

Oct 4, 2019 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Hi there, and I am so sorry that you found your experience to be negative. Would you please share your concerns with me at tferrett@savechildren.org?

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Save the Children.

Interview

This process was transparent and simple. HR reached out with a set of questions. Then the senior program manager reached out via email to set up a phone interview, following a video interview with the director.

Interview Questions

Save the Children Response

Oct 4, 2019 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Welcome to the team! We're glad you're here!

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Save the Children in August 2019.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the program coordinator and assistant director of the department, straightforward common questions about interests and background, and why I would be a good fit, and what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

Interview

Pleasant and well thought out I enjoyed it and the kept me calm and focused learn to be more punctual though as my interviewer was over running listen before answering too

Interview Questions

Save the Children Response

Oct 4, 2019 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Hi there! First of all, we're so glad you have joined our team! Would you please share your feedback with me directly at tferrett@savechildren.org?