Save the Children Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Save the Children

2.6

Special Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Save the Children (Washington, DC).

Interview

For an organization that does some fantastic work, I'm sorry to say that this was the most unprofessional HR experience I've ever had. My scheduled phone interview was cancelled 15minutes before it was scheduled to start. Two weeks later I receive an email saying that efforts were made to contact me with a request to reschedule... but I never received a call nor an email. All and all - just bad form.

Oct 4, 2019 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Hi there, and thank you for your feedback. I'd like to know more about your experience... would you please reach out to me at tferrett@savechildren.org?

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Save the Children (Alexandria, LA) in March 2014.

Interview

A panel of interviewers from various departments which consisted of at least 6 members - was not conducted by the HR department. I questioned the legitimacy of the process - none of the panel members had HR experience nor the educational background to conduct the process. In addition, the process was intimidating - 6 members interviewing one individual. The atmosphere was more like being on trial. Save the Children's corporate office needs to investigate the Alexandria, Louisiana hiring process.

Interview Questions

• My experienced with working with diverse populations specifically lower socioeconomic populations.   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children in August 2018.

Interview

After submitting an application, I had a 30 minute phone call with an HR representative, and then a follow-up phone call with the hiring manager. Everyone was kind and thoughtful in their questions and conversation, but ultimately there was not the best fit here. They were very upfront and honest about the qualifications they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in early childhood education. Describe a game you might play to help foster numeracy.   Answer Question

Sep 10, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback! We are always hiring... so please keep your eyes on our website!

Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Save the Children.

Interview

Initial communications were clear via email and phone. The process can be longer as people travel within the company.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

First round: Phone interview for behavioral questions, this is more about screening.
    Second round: In-person interview at Washington DC to understand your connections.
    Third round: Skype interview to double check all requirements, and the team made a decision in the following week.

Interview Questions

• Why Save the Children? How could you combine your past experience of consulting to this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Save the Children (Washington, DC) in January 2018.

Interview

one hour long interview composed of basic personal and behavioral questions as well motivations to intern at this NGO. they contacted me one week later with an offer. the interview process was relatively simple, no trick questions were asked.

Interview Questions

Save the Children Response

Sep 10, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

We hope you enjoyed your internship here! :-)

Internship Interview

Interview

Very standard, I applied and got an email asking to come in for an in - person interview. Interview lasted about 30 minutes, where they had a series of questions prepared

Interview Questions

• About past job experience, and experience related to the job I was applying for.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Save the Children in March 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website and soon got an email from an individual in HR. I then had a phone call with the individual about my background and why I wanted to intern there. A few weeks later I received an email from the individual in HR that I should set up a time to speak with another individual in Resource Development. I had a phone call with them and then received an offer email a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Save the Children?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (Fairfield, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

The time frame from when I first submitted my application to getting an interview took about 4 weeks. The interview was done online via Skype and lasted an hour. The person who interviewed me was the director of the department that I would be interning for. The interview process was not very stressful and the person interviewing me was very friendly and also took the time to answer questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why would you like to work for Save the Children?
      2. What is your educational experience and how does it apply to the internship?
      3. What is your work background?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Save the Children.

Interview

I applied for the internship online through the Save the Children website. HR from Connecticut reached out and had a phone interview with HR. I had a final phone interview with the hiring manager and the department coordinator. Received my decision via email the same day.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. Why do you want to intern with Save the Children?   Answer Question