Save the Children Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 28, 2017

2.6

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (Fairfield, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

Throughout the whole process i had to consistently follow up with them to see what was going on, there were lags. They would email me, and then it would be silent until i followed up and then they would take action. Initially, The recruiter called me for a brief phone call to screen which felt like the interview itself. Then I went in person to meet the people that i'd be working alongside. They didn't know i was coming in person, which i've seen on glass door that it seemed to be very disorganized. a majority of this whole process was an emphasis on what the job would entail without anyone actually knowing what the structure of it would be like. I had a blasé attitude knowing i could handle it. but ultimately was not given the offer. The hiring managers were very kind though and recommended staying in touch.

Interview Questions

• are you big picture minded or detailed oriented   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (Fairfield, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews before I came in for one hour-long interview with my potential manager. They were very thorough with the interview process and proactive with materials. HR was extremely involved pre and post interview. I received prompt call backs.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Save the Children (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

Scheduled by HR. Hiring person who conducted the interview had not looked at my resume so did not know who I was, and did not know for which open position I had applied. Typical arrogant Hill veteran personality, probably already knew who planned to hire and all my hopes and preparation were for nothing.

Interview Questions

• What position are interviewing for?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (Fairfield, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

The time frame from when I first submitted my application to getting an interview took about 4 weeks. The interview was done online via Skype and lasted an hour. The person who interviewed me was the director of the department that I would be interning for. The interview process was not very stressful and the person interviewing me was very friendly and also took the time to answer questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why would you like to work for Save the Children?
      2. What is your educational experience and how does it apply to the internship?
      3. What is your work background?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Save the Children in March 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website and soon got an email from an individual in HR. I then had a phone call with the individual about my background and why I wanted to intern there. A few weeks later I received an email from the individual in HR that I should set up a time to speak with another individual in Resource Development. I had a phone call with them and then received an offer email a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Save the Children?   1 Answer

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (Fairfield, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

SImple. One call where they screened you and if you made it past that as one of the top three candidates for the position, you interview with the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you chose your major, and describe your favorite class within it.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process was quick. I spoke with HR and the hiring manager on the phone and then I had a three hour interview in person with team members.

Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Save the Children (Denver, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

Extremely Easy. I knew I had the job within 5 min. Talked for 30 min. Very nice hiring manager. They are looking for outgoing type people for canvassing. (I wasn't exactly sure what I was in for going in)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. We mainly talked about what it means to canvass   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

For the first interview, the HR individual almost forgot about the call. Second interview, went fine I followed up with the required documents. I was given a one week turnaround time, when I didn't hear back I was told that they were still finalizing their decision. I emailed again and same answer was given. I never received an answer from HR.

Director Position Interview

Interview

The HR Recruiter had a 30 minute conversation with me and flat out said that I was going to be having an interview with the hiring manager. I did my due diligence and spent a ton of time preparing. She never bothered to return another email or phone call. Completely unprofessional. She showed zero integrity.