Save the Children Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 1, 2017

2.8

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (Fairfield, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

Throughout the whole process i had to consistently follow up with them to see what was going on, there were lags. They would email me, and then it would be silent until i followed up and then they would take action. Initially, The recruiter called me for a brief phone call to screen which felt like the interview itself. Then I went in person to meet the people that i'd be working alongside. They didn't know i was coming in person, which i've seen on glass door that it seemed to be very disorganized. a majority of this whole process was an emphasis on what the job would entail without anyone actually knowing what the structure of it would be like. I had a blasé attitude knowing i could handle it. but ultimately was not given the offer. The hiring managers were very kind though and recommended staying in touch.

Interview Questions

• are you big picture minded or detailed oriented   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Save the Children (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

Scheduled by HR. Hiring person who conducted the interview had not looked at my resume so did not know who I was, and did not know for which open position I had applied. Typical arrogant Hill veteran personality, probably already knew who planned to hire and all my hopes and preparation were for nothing.

Interview Questions

• What position are interviewing for?   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

For the first interview, the HR individual almost forgot about the call. Second interview, went fine I followed up with the required documents. I was given a one week turnaround time, when I didn't hear back I was told that they were still finalizing their decision. I emailed again and same answer was given. I never received an answer from HR.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Save the Children.

Interview

I was contacted 1 week after applying. From the email to the meeting, the interviewer seemed to just want to get the interview out of the way. The interviewer seemed preoccupied and disorganized; asked a few questions; and it was over in 10 minutes. I walked out of there feeling they already made their decision. Complete waste of time.

Health Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Save the Children.

Interview

I received a call from the DC office to schedule an interview for two different positions on two different days. I was interviewed by two people. It was an interesting interview.

Interview Questions

• The question were directly related to the position. Like, what would you do in this type of situation, or what would your methods or procedure be.   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Save the Children.

Interview

Initial communications were clear via email and phone. The process can be longer as people travel within the company.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (Washington, DC).

Interview

The phone interview was set up via e-mail by and HR person how confirmed that she would initiate the call. Questions were general and then relied on the the position description.

The in person (1:1) interview was set up by one of the project team members.

The 1:1 interview was strange and somewhat unprofessional. The Interviewer was pleasant but seemed unprepared and inexperienced. For example, the interviewer had not previously reviewed my resume and left me in the interview room to get a drink. There were few questions about my work experience or technical skills. Interviewer asked personal questions and spoke more if his/her own experience and then basically insulted everyone who didn't work in her specific field.

Interview Questions

• Have you spoken to your family about this position?   1 Answer

Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Save the Children (Washington, DC) in March 2010.

Interview

After first being contacted for an interview, and finally going in for an interview, the hiring manager never contacted me to let me know that they had chosen another candidate. Save the Children is a very reputable organization, however this was not a good example of professionalism from one of their employees.

Interview Questions

• How do you thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment?   1 Answer

Logistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dakar (Syria)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Save the Children (Dakar (Syria)) in April 2016.

Interview

generally before going through an interview you pass by a previous written test. Generally to answer this test you are given 1 or ½ hour to answer. If you have the change to pass this test, you get the interview which last about 20 min.

Interview Questions

• I applied few times to STC jobs, but every time I had very bad experiences when the interviewers were speaking from the fields.
      First of all, note that before going through an interview you pass by a previous written test. Generally to answer this test you are given 1 or ½ hour to answer. Questions are very badly formulated, without any sense in respect of the job you applied for.
      If you have the change to pass this test, you get the interview. Every time I got this opportunity I spoke with unprofessional people. I don’t know why, but they are always in a hurry, are non-punctual and very unprofessional in terms of behavior. Their questions are not focused at all on the job and their time to interview you is always very short. How can someone could in 20 minutes time to do understand if you are the right one for the job?
      1 Answer

Senior Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abuja Nigeria (Nigeria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Save the Children (Abuja Nigeria (Nigeria)) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was objective and pleasant. There was a mix of simple and difficult questions and a 3-person panel. I enjoyed the interview, but one of the interviewers walked out of the interview while it was still going on, without explaining why he did so and without excusing himself. I felt a bit hurt and thought it was because of his dislike of me.

Interview Questions

• How much salary would you want to earn?   1 Answer