Save the Children Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

2.6

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Save the Children.

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter and was called in to an interview with an HR director and a program staff member. The interview was about 30-40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Have I done this kind of work before?   1 Answer

Aug 30, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

We're super glad that you've joined our team! Would you mind dropping us a note to let us know more about your interview experience? Sounds like it was good enough for you to join, but not a big... More

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (Fairfield, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

Throughout the whole process i had to consistently follow up with them to see what was going on, there were lags. They would email me, and then it would be silent until i followed up and then they would take action. Initially, The recruiter called me for a brief phone call to screen which felt like the interview itself. Then I went in person to meet the people that i'd be working alongside. They didn't know i was coming in person, which i've seen on glass door that it seemed to be very disorganized. a majority of this whole process was an emphasis on what the job would entail without anyone actually knowing what the structure of it would be like. I had a blasé attitude knowing i could handle it. but ultimately was not given the offer. The hiring managers were very kind though and recommended staying in touch.

Interview Questions

• are you big picture minded or detailed oriented   1 Answer

Sep 8, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Wow... sounds like while you said you had a positive experience, there are still some things that need some work on our side. If you would, please feel free to share feedback regarding your... More

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

First round: Phone interview for behavioral questions, this is more about screening.
    Second round: In-person interview at Washington DC to understand your connections.
    Third round: Skype interview to double check all requirements, and the team made a decision in the following week.

Interview Questions

• Why Save the Children? How could you combine your past experience of consulting to this job?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (Fairfield, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews before I came in for one hour-long interview with my potential manager. They were very thorough with the interview process and proactive with materials. HR was extremely involved pre and post interview. I received prompt call backs.

Interview Questions

Save the Children Response

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Save the Children (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

Scheduled by HR. Hiring person who conducted the interview had not looked at my resume so did not know who I was, and did not know for which open position I had applied. Typical arrogant Hill veteran personality, probably already knew who planned to hire and all my hopes and preparation were for nothing.

Interview Questions

• What position are interviewing for?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (Fairfield, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

The time frame from when I first submitted my application to getting an interview took about 4 weeks. The interview was done online via Skype and lasted an hour. The person who interviewed me was the director of the department that I would be interning for. The interview process was not very stressful and the person interviewing me was very friendly and also took the time to answer questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why would you like to work for Save the Children?
      2. What is your educational experience and how does it apply to the internship?
      3. What is your work background?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Save the Children in March 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website and soon got an email from an individual in HR. I then had a phone call with the individual about my background and why I wanted to intern there. A few weeks later I received an email from the individual in HR that I should set up a time to speak with another individual in Resource Development. I had a phone call with them and then received an offer email a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Save the Children?   1 Answer

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (Fairfield, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

SImple. One call where they screened you and if you made it past that as one of the top three candidates for the position, you interview with the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you chose your major, and describe your favorite class within it.   Answer Question

Sep 8, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Woo hoo! Welcome to our team! We are so glad that you're here!

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process was quick. I spoke with HR and the hiring manager on the phone and then I had a three hour interview in person with team members.

Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Save the Children (Denver, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

Extremely Easy. I knew I had the job within 5 min. Talked for 30 min. Very nice hiring manager. They are looking for outgoing type people for canvassing. (I wasn't exactly sure what I was in for going in)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. We mainly talked about what it means to canvass   1 Answer