Save the Children Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 1, 2017

2.6

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Save the Children (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

Scheduled by HR. Hiring person who conducted the interview had not looked at my resume so did not know who I was, and did not know for which open position I had applied. Typical arrogant Hill veteran personality, probably already knew who planned to hire and all my hopes and preparation were for nothing.

Interview Questions

• What position are interviewing for?   1 Answer

Head of A Technical Sector Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Save the Children (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and had two interviews: a first with two managers on the phone, tgen a tehnical test and eventually got the last round which was a panel face to face interview with two senior managers. After the interview process tge human resources department contacted two of my referees and ran a background check on me to ensure that I can work with children.

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rangoon (Burma)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (Rangoon (Burma)).

Interview

Interview information by phone. The first panel interview by panel of hiring managers and the second one by senoir management . The first and the second interviews were 2 weeks apart.The interview language was English even though for local position.

Interview Questions

• General questions such as experineces . Behavioural questions and case senerios.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlands (Kenya)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (Westlands (Kenya)) in July 2014.

Interview

The position is first advertised through the regions website though its also circulated through various advertisers.If you are successful and pass the CV screening process that usually takes 2-3 weeks, you are then invited to an assessment this is basically skills test relevant with the department you are applying for don't panic just remember what you learnt in school and emerging issues in the industry and sector that will take a week to get the feedback and the assessment is usually an hour.If you are successful the next step is the panel interview that has 3-4 people.The department manager or coordinator that will be your line manager, the hr department assistant and the operations department rep usually an assistant or officer,but for me i got the pleasure of being interviewed by the operations director;very friendly let not the title give you chills.During the interview there is the general questions part and the technical part both will last 30-45 minutes then you will be given a chance to ask the panel some questions.For the general part each will ask about 3 questions then the technical part would basically consist of the department and support guess because its more of a departmental review.If you are successful it will take you a week to get the feedback and they usually ask if you will be available in a week.Most probably they will also have asked that during the interview.Bingo you are up n running.

Interview Questions

• Internal controls that an organisation like save the children would put to safe guard its cash and bank assets.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for intern position salary is fixed

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (New Delhi (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

First round of Telephonic Interview, if get shortlisted you would be called in for a 1:1 Interview round. Final round of Interview would be conducted to finalize the salary part. After all the discussions you would be asked to submit your previous employment documents and references if all is clear you will be contact to confirm the Date Of Joining.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (Fairfield, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

Throughout the whole process i had to consistently follow up with them to see what was going on, there were lags. They would email me, and then it would be silent until i followed up and then they would take action. Initially, The recruiter called me for a brief phone call to screen which felt like the interview itself. Then I went in person to meet the people that i'd be working alongside. They didn't know i was coming in person, which i've seen on glass door that it seemed to be very disorganized. a majority of this whole process was an emphasis on what the job would entail without anyone actually knowing what the structure of it would be like. I had a blasé attitude knowing i could handle it. but ultimately was not given the offer. The hiring managers were very kind though and recommended staying in touch.

Interview Questions

• are you big picture minded or detailed oriented   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (Fairfield, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

The time frame from when I first submitted my application to getting an interview took about 4 weeks. The interview was done online via Skype and lasted an hour. The person who interviewed me was the director of the department that I would be interning for. The interview process was not very stressful and the person interviewing me was very friendly and also took the time to answer questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why would you like to work for Save the Children?
      2. What is your educational experience and how does it apply to the internship?
      3. What is your work background?
      Answer Question

Senior Digital Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I was asked about previous experience from documentation handling to technical knowledge and to share examples, plus advise on the effectiveness of past PM tools used.

Current DBS required.

Interview friendly, but professional. Suit not required for this role but smart appearance necessary.

They look for a keen interest in their organisation and preferences of charity background, but not essential.

Interview Questions

• What PM tools have you used? On what projects? How did you find them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation required

Senior Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abuja Nigeria (Nigeria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Save the Children (Abuja Nigeria (Nigeria)) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was objective and pleasant. There was a mix of simple and difficult questions and a 3-person panel. I enjoyed the interview, but one of the interviewers walked out of the interview while it was still going on, without explaining why he did so and without excusing himself. I felt a bit hurt and thought it was because of his dislike of me.

Interview Questions

• How much salary would you want to earn?   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

For the first interview, the HR individual almost forgot about the call. Second interview, went fine I followed up with the required documents. I was given a one week turnaround time, when I didn't hear back I was told that they were still finalizing their decision. I emailed again and same answer was given. I never received an answer from HR.