Save the Children Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Save the Children Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.6

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children.

Interview

It was very long. I applied in early November and did not get a response back for an interview until a month later. The interview process took about an hour and it was three people and they asked extensive questions even though this position was a entry level position.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with knowledge management and what can you do that will help us in this area   Answer Question

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Save the Children (Alexandria, LA) in March 2014.

Interview

A panel of interviewers from various departments which consisted of at least 6 members - was not conducted by the HR department. I questioned the legitimacy of the process - none of the panel members had HR experience nor the educational background to conduct the process. In addition, the process was intimidating - 6 members interviewing one individual. The atmosphere was more like being on trial. Save the Children's corporate office needs to investigate the Alexandria, Louisiana hiring process.

Interview Questions

• My experienced with working with diverse populations specifically lower socioeconomic populations.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Save the Children (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

Scheduled by HR. Hiring person who conducted the interview had not looked at my resume so did not know who I was, and did not know for which open position I had applied. Typical arrogant Hill veteran personality, probably already knew who planned to hire and all my hopes and preparation were for nothing.

Interview Questions

• What position are interviewing for?   1 Answer

Head of A Technical Sector Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Save the Children (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and had two interviews: a first with two managers on the phone, tgen a tehnical test and eventually got the last round which was a panel face to face interview with two senior managers. After the interview process tge human resources department contacted two of my referees and ran a background check on me to ensure that I can work with children.

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rangoon (Burma)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (Rangoon (Burma)).

Interview

Interview information by phone. The first panel interview by panel of hiring managers and the second one by senoir management . The first and the second interviews were 2 weeks apart.The interview language was English even though for local position.

Interview Questions

• General questions such as experineces . Behavioural questions and case senerios.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlands (Kenya)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (Westlands (Kenya)) in July 2014.

Interview

The position is first advertised through the regions website though its also circulated through various advertisers.If you are successful and pass the CV screening process that usually takes 2-3 weeks, you are then invited to an assessment this is basically skills test relevant with the department you are applying for don't panic just remember what you learnt in school and emerging issues in the industry and sector that will take a week to get the feedback and the assessment is usually an hour.If you are successful the next step is the panel interview that has 3-4 people.The department manager or coordinator that will be your line manager, the hr department assistant and the operations department rep usually an assistant or officer,but for me i got the pleasure of being interviewed by the operations director;very friendly let not the title give you chills.During the interview there is the general questions part and the technical part both will last 30-45 minutes then you will be given a chance to ask the panel some questions.For the general part each will ask about 3 questions then the technical part would basically consist of the department and support guess because its more of a departmental review.If you are successful it will take you a week to get the feedback and they usually ask if you will be available in a week.Most probably they will also have asked that during the interview.Bingo you are up n running.

Interview Questions

• Internal controls that an organisation like save the children would put to safe guard its cash and bank assets.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for intern position salary is fixed

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (New Delhi (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

First round of Telephonic Interview, if get shortlisted you would be called in for a 1:1 Interview round. Final round of Interview would be conducted to finalize the salary part. After all the discussions you would be asked to submit your previous employment documents and references if all is clear you will be contact to confirm the Date Of Joining.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

First round: Phone interview for behavioral questions, this is more about screening.
    Second round: In-person interview at Washington DC to understand your connections.
    Third round: Skype interview to double check all requirements, and the team made a decision in the following week.

Interview Questions

• Why Save the Children? How could you combine your past experience of consulting to this job?   Answer Question

Country Director Interview

Interview

I did well in the interview but didn’t like some aspects of the job so I pulled out. The terms were not also comparable with with what I am currently enjoying.

Interview Questions

• What value do you think you bring on board for the organization.   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Save the Children (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I undertook two interviews for two different administrative positions at Save the Children. I was given very little notice to prepare (2 days), and both times had to complete pre-interview tests (prioritising and spreadsheet comprehension based.)

While the interviewers were generally polite during both interviews, they came across very snooty. This is a problem in the international development sector anyhow. Yes, you work to 'save children', but have a bit of humility please!
    The office is beautiful, but the small room in which they my interviews meant I could see everything impolite which was getting written about me, which is very off-putting!

But the worst part for me is that after both interviews, none of them contacted me with the result. I've clearly been declined, but please recognize the massive effort and emotional-toll on the job seeker that has decided to approach you. They have, for however long, taken rejection after rejection, and have probably worked very hard just to prepare for this interview. It takes very little time to copy and paste a rejection to me and the 6 or 7 other people you reject at interview stage. In fact I'd consider it basic politeness.

I knew after walking out of there that I wouldn't fit in anyhow, because I want to help the needy too, but I don't need to look down my nose at other people in the process.

Interview Questions

• * How do you prioritise between urgent and important
      * How do you deal with stress
      * Have you handled big budgets   Answer Question