Save the Children Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.6

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (Washington, DC).

Interview

The phone interview was set up via e-mail by and HR person how confirmed that she would initiate the call. Questions were general and then relied on the the position description.

The in person (1:1) interview was set up by one of the project team members.

The 1:1 interview was strange and somewhat unprofessional. The Interviewer was pleasant but seemed unprepared and inexperienced. For example, the interviewer had not previously reviewed my resume and left me in the interview room to get a drink. There were few questions about my work experience or technical skills. Interviewer asked personal questions and spoke more if his/her own experience and then basically insulted everyone who didn't work in her specific field.

Interview Questions

• Have you spoken to your family about this position?   1 Answer

Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Save the Children.

Interview

Initial communications were clear via email and phone. The process can be longer as people travel within the company.

Director Position Interview

Interview

The HR Recruiter had a 30 minute conversation with me and flat out said that I was going to be having an interview with the hiring manager. I did my due diligence and spent a ton of time preparing. She never bothered to return another email or phone call. Completely unprofessional. She showed zero integrity.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children in November 2014.

Interview

Brief phone screen by HR, then brief phone interview with manager (I was not located near offices). They didn't ask very difficult questions, they just wanted me to tell them about myself, and they wanted tell me about the position. The process from the time I applied to the time I got hired took maybe 1.5 months.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children in August 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview, took around 15-20 minutes. Applied through an agency and while I was initially turned down after interview another position opened up shortly after and I was given an offer without a second interview.

Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Save the Children (Denver, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

Extremely Easy. I knew I had the job within 5 min. Talked for 30 min. Very nice hiring manager. They are looking for outgoing type people for canvassing. (I wasn't exactly sure what I was in for going in)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. We mainly talked about what it means to canvass   1 Answer

Shop Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheam, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Save the Children (Cheam, England (UK)) in September 2011.

Interview

Phoning the branch to have an initial chat with acting shop manager, discussing motives, availability etc. Then being called in for an informal interview/chat in person to assess your suitability for the role and also to be shown around the shop. Was a really straightforward process and once we'd discussed what days I was available I was ready to start the next week! At that time I was under the legal age for operating a till so this was one of the things we discussed - alternatives and how I could get involved e.g. with sorting donations in the back room.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

My interview was essentially not an interview. They just told me about the job and asked very few questions about me. It seemed like they did not have any other possible applicants for the position, so the essentially needed to sell it to me more than I needed to sell myself. This should have told me that it was not going to be a great internship....

Interview Questions

• Explain so and so on your resume...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Save the Children (Westport, CT) in January 2014.

Interview

First around: phone interview. Talking about your background and availability during tne next few months. Second,onsite: very easy, briefly reviewed your resume and introduced the organization, discussed your the hours.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online. Interview was also booked online. Arrived at H/O -meeting was on time and took an hour. It was well structured and interesting. I was told briefly about the set up of the department, than had to answer series of questions about my current job and abilities. It took just over a week to hear back. The whole process was very a possitive experience, was made to feel comfortable and at ease. People working there are very motivated by the job that they do. It seemed like it would be a busy but rewarding place to work.

Interview Questions

It was a hard decission but had to decline as circumstances were not right at this time.