Savvis Human Resource Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Savvis (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2009.

Interview

The interview process started with a headhunter who did a phone interview with me. Kudos to the headhunter because he really sold me on the role and the area which initially didn't hit my radar screen. I then proceeded on to a phone interview with the HR VP and SVP, both were very nice on the phone and asked general questions about my background. We then proceeded to an onsite interview where I met with the business leader I would be supporting, my future boss - VP of HR and several of my co-workers and colleagues. The interviews were all very standard with background information shared and general interview questions. The building was very nice, but I picked up on chaos within the HR department. No one showed up to the interviews on time, there was even two individual who I was scheduled with that decided to "take the day off". This should have been my first clue as to what the culture was like, but I was too forgiving and let it pass.

Interview Questions

• Describe two people you most admire and would view them as mentors in your career   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary offered was above average, the bonus potential offered was good - what I didn't realize until started working there was that it was highly unlikely that it would be achieved. The relocation package was standard but found them to be very helpful and understanding with temporary housing and extending the time to move.