Savvis Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

3.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Savvis (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Had an initial technical phone screen with one of the developers. Then was invited to a face to face interview with the hiring manager and then met with a couple other developers and finally one other manager. The interview consisted of more technical questions and general questions. The developers are very technical and we discussed the entire technical spectrum from memory (heap/stack), caching technologies, Java, SOAP vs. REST. The manager questions were more generic such as what is your short-term, mid-term, long-term career strategy, how do you manage deadlines, how do you handle being a part of an understaffed project.

Interview Questions

• You've been tasked to architect / design an ecommerce website. What technology stack would you choose and why?   1 Answer
    • What's the difference between SOAP and REST Web Service?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes. I was asked what I was looking for in terms of compensation and was told afterwards that it was higher than what they had anticipated, but they were able to match it.

Director Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Savvis (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Got a call from HR to schedule. A few days later had a video Cam interview with hiring manager on the east coast. Interview was very basic, it wasn't a good match for me. I was told that they'll got to me but I never heard back from them again. I expected a email or something. Very rude and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How would you price a new product?   1 Answer

Director, Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Savvis (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Interview process started with a third party recruiter who was great! Then, after two weeks of no communication, proceeded to live 1 on 1 with hiring manager who was clearly not technical. Another two weeks and HR called to schedule a telepresence interview with three execs back East. Seemed to go well but no feedback for a week. then HR VP called to tell me I was still a candidate. Two more weeks pass and no feedback. Finally I was told I was not selected. Very unprofessional process, low salary range and phony bonus package. Glad I didn't get involved with this company.

Interview Questions

• How much compensation do you require?   1 Answer