Savvis Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Savvis (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Had an initial technical phone screen with one of the developers. Then was invited to a face to face interview with the hiring manager and then met with a couple other developers and finally one other manager. The interview consisted of more technical questions and general questions. The developers are very technical and we discussed the entire technical spectrum from memory (heap/stack), caching technologies, Java, SOAP vs. REST. The manager questions were more generic such as what is your short-term, mid-term, long-term career strategy, how do you manage deadlines, how do you handle being a part of an understaffed project.

Interview Questions

• You've been tasked to architect / design an ecommerce website. What technology stack would you choose and why?   1 Answer
  • What's the difference between SOAP and REST Web Service?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes. I was asked what I was looking for in terms of compensation and was told afterwards that it was higher than what they had anticipated, but they were able to match it.