Rook Coffee Interview Question: Saying this interview process... | Glassdoor

Interview Question

Full Charge Bookkeeper Interview Ocean, NJ

Saying this interview process was an utter waste of time

would be an understatement. Very few questions about my skill set. The co-owner was mostly concerned about my lifestyle and asked questions about my hobbies, interests, and my life experiences. He said he was not concerned about my qualifications and said I was more than qualified with my past work experience and education. I have the impression the co-owner had ulterior motives in interviewing me and other candidates. I feel the interviews went extremely well, he said he would let me know either way within a week. I've contacted him twice (phone and email) to get the status of his decision. He never had the decency to get back to me.
Answer

Interview Answer

3 Answers

Do not waste your time with Rook Coffee.

Interview Candidate on Sep 26, 2015

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your interview for our Bookkeeper position. Please know that 100% of the applicants who interviewed for this position were emailed directly from Shawn once the job was filled. Once the position was filled, emails to all other candidates were sent out on September 22, 2015 between 1pm-2pm, directly from Shawn. We recommend that you check your spam folder to see if your message was filtered there. We can always forward you the message again. Please let us know if you would like us to do so.

Additionally, at Rook our company culture is extremely important. This is why some of our interview questions may not seem typical. Please know Rook Coffee is an extremely fair workplace. We thank you again for taking the time to review your experience.

The Rook Coffee Team on Feb 18, 2016

Let me assure you that 100% of the applicants who applied for this position were not contacted by Shawn, as I was one of them. I've checked my spam folder. The fact that you bring up your company culture and fairness of work place leads me to wonder if you've had EEOC issues. Reflecting on the questions during your interview process, you did seem to be weeding out certain demographics. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Anonymous on Apr 12, 2016

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.