Sazerac Single Barrel Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Single Barrel Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfort, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sazerac (Frankfort, KY) in May 2011.

Interview

Identified this position via an internet work board and applied for a position. The HR Director called to discuss the role, salary, location, etc. She called back with an interveiw date two days later at Frankfort with a Brand Manager and this HR individual. We sat at a conference table with the company individuals manning laptops and firing questions for over one hour. They thanked for my time and advised someone would be in touch.
The weekend following, HR called my home office and we were out of town for a function. alled again Sunday evening but my cell carrier did not forward the call until Monday. I called and she wanted me at Frankfort agin Monday but since that date was out, could I be there on Tuesday and I said yes. Another trip to Frankfort and met with two more indiduals, one from Marketing and another from Production. A personality test, on-line followed. Hr called again to inquire of my availability meet on Wednesday with a VP in Louisville and again i said yes.
This was a unique interveiw with questions out of the ordinary. How many gas stations are there in Kentucky? How many bottles of bourbon are sold in Kentucky each year?
Most telling was an invitation to think back to high school days and denote a song that best defined me. It certainly seemed like an age determination ploy.
Also, my resume listed work experience for 20+ years and this individual requested i go back to the beginning to allow him a better opportunity to understand me.
As for the people, they are good, hard working individuals, mostly hired from local areas. The brand manager was a former university football player (popular hire in this state).
The work culture is intense but fair.
Money for this position was moderate, given the level of expectation.

Interview Questions

• How many bottle of bourbon are sold in kentucky each year?   1 Answer
  • How many gas stations are there in Kentucky?   1 Answer