Scalyr Corporate and Field Marketing Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scalyr Corporate and Field Marketing Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Scalyr

1 Interview Review

Corporate and Field Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scalyr in July 2018.

Interview

I was only involved in the first stage of the process, the phone screening, and unfortunately did not progress further. Overall, the questions were delivered a little abruptly, but I feel they were fair and appropriate for the role.

This was probably one of the most comedically awkward/bad interviews I’ve experienced, but at no fault of the interviewer at Scalyr. I had scheduled the interview during my lunch break and due to unforeseen circumstances, the very best place available for me to take the phone call was outside at a park by my current place of work (which is normally quiet/vacant). Long story short, there were a series of farcical interruptions (including a child’s kite blowing into my picnic table and a bird pooping on my laptop) leading to a sub-par interview performance on my part. (Not to blame the distractions entirely – I was also a bit nervous and hadn’t interviewed in a while.)

Anyway, saying all of this to hopefully give you a laugh and to say: it didn’t go very well for me, but not their fault – the person I spoke to seemed confident/knowledgeable and I would give this company another go if given the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the phrasing exactly, but something like “Tell me about yourself and your career”. It was the very first question and the abruptness of this open-ended question out of the gate kind of caught me off guard a little.   Answer Question