Scalyr Sales Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1.0

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scalyr (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Didn't make it past the phone screen. To add some context, this was the only one out of 18 interviews where I didn't make it past at least the 2nd phone screen. I guess when its not a git its pretty clear.

I spoke to one of their Sales Directors. For a company that is positioning itself as very different from most Silicon Valley start ups i got to talk to a very typical sales bro. Arrogant, disrespectful, the works.

One of the reasons he said Scalyr is "different" is because everyone is so smart. I believe their head count at the time I spoke to him was around 15. Start-up with 15 employees and all of them are smart doesn't seem that unusual to me.

Competition? What competition, the 15 of us are on a collision course with Spunk, everyone else is slow and pathetic. In the mean time, admits to losing out a deal at my former company to another competitor due to lack of PCI compliance.

He didn't ask any technical questions.

As the call ended it was clear we wouldn't be moving forward. Company may be interesting, I didn't get a chance to find out. But they are not as different as they are advertising. They were looking for a very typical salesy SE which I would agree, is not the right fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you were involved in the sale process   Answer Question
  • Tell me about how you were involved in making a sale (if that sounds a lot like the first questions its because he asked it twice)   Answer Question