Scalyr Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Scalyr

3.5

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Scalyr (San Francisco, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

Absolutely pathetic. Arrogant bunch of people including recruiter. Wasted my one hr for this such ordinary company. No innovation. Just like a competitor to Splunk. But splunk is way ahead of them.

Interview Questions

• Token bucket, leaky bucket algorithm for Rate limiting   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Scalyr

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scalyr (San Mateo, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

I would like to start by saying, this interview process was one of the best interview processes I've had in my job search. And I really appreciated the care, energy, and effort given throughout the entire process.

There was a phone screen set up going over foundational knowledge of UI and getting a feel of what type of team, projects, and culture was being developed at Scalyr.

The onsite interview process consisted of a series of 1-1 interviews, going across technical challenges, software engineering best practices, and culture fit. Each person was very collaborative and helpful in guiding the conversation to a better understanding of the problem and solution.

Afterwards, as the offer came in Kathleen was very informative and available for all questions. She explained things in detail and went the extra mile to further the conversation and see what was the right thing to do.

Overall I was very happy with the entire interview process and would recommend this company for any engineer looking for a new exciting, company to join! Thanks!

Interview Questions

Scalyr Response

Dec 10, 2018

Thank you for this review! I really appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts. We are glad you had such a positive experience, found the interview itself challenging and found that each... More