Schaeffler Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schaeffler Group Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2017

2.6

Associate Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schaeffler Group.

Interview

Briefly met with HR, then sat down with Manager and Director over that department. Took turns bouncing questions off me - some personal, some business/experience questions. Almost felt like a 'good cop/ bad cop' routine.
    Quizzed me with two tough word-riddles at the end.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wooster, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schaeffler Group (Wooster, OH).

Interview

Good interview. Seemed like a good company. Interviewed at the plant, then a series of aptitude test. There was a multiple choice test for mechanical ability, math test, a test on wiring schematics, and had to assemble a metal box frame. The drive I had to make wasn't worth pay.

Senior Forecast Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schaeffler Group (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Two part interview in same interview session. First interview was with the HR rep for the position. She was late to the interview due to the construction around the campus. The questions were basic background experience questions. The second interview following the HR interview was with the manager of the position. His questions were similar to the HR questions. The recruiter who set me up for the interview failed to explain that the company had already turned down a previous candidate because of lack of advance level Microsoft Access knowledge. Based on the interview I was told Microsoft Access advance level experience was the number one must have. I have advance Excel experience but only basic Access as Access is not used at all in any company I have worked for (one USA based and one Swedish company). However Schaeffler is a German company and they are heavily Microsoft Access based.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schaeffler Group (Fort Mill, SC).

Interview

I had a couple of phone interviews with HR, then the department manager. Within a week the called me for an onsite interview with the department manager and the director. Questions were focused on past work experience and achievements. They also look at your soft skills to see if you are a high potential.

Interview Questions

• What salary are you targeting?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schaeffler Group (Detroit, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

Luk big company of cluch actuators. Several intervies with different management people and kind of filters. To visit different locations to meet with different team members. Sincé headquarter are in Germany it took a Little bit longer than expected due to difficulties to set up conferences to discuss experience, achievements and both expactations.

Interview Questions

• Experience and achiements in previous positions and employees
      1 Answer

Test Engineer - Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wooster, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schaeffler Group (Wooster, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I had a phone interview first which was about 30 mins long. And I got a call from HR after 1 month that I have been selected for an On-site interview at LuK Ohio. They had booked my flight tickets just 2 days before the interview day and asked me to pay for the hotel and car-rental expenses which they said will be refunded after the interview.

The onsite interview was for around 1-2 hours which included an online assessment test and a plant tour.

It is important to note that the HR was not at all responsive and they were not welcoming. They took 2 months to tell a decision about the interview. Also they did not refund the money for car-rental and hotel.

I never had this kind of On-site interview experience before in any other company. I never expected this kind of experience from LuK.

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wooster, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schaeffler Group (Wooster, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Very simple and straight forward. Questions like "Why do you want to work here?", "Do you have previous experience working in production?", "How soon can you start?", After a brief conversation, they print off an employment proposal that offers you a position. After that, you go to meet the nurse. Here, you take a hearing test, she cuts some of your hair (a very small amount) for a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation. The entry level pay is a set amount.

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wooster, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schaeffler Group (Wooster, OH).

Interview

I first talked to LuK USA representatives at my University's career fair earlier last year (2014). LuK called me several days later asking me to come in for an onsite interview. I remember talking to several full-time employees. Bulk of the interview was them asking me what type of engineering I was interested in (Design, manufacturing, etc) and going over what a Co-op would be doing if hired. No hard questions, most of the time was spent listening instead of selling myself. Everyone was nice, especially the HR rep who contacted me for the interview. I was offered a position within the company minutes after talking to the last person. You should also expect to receive a plant tour from either a current Co-op or an engineer. Overall, the interview process was great.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I was familiar with Tool/Die Design.   1 Answer

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wooster, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schaeffler Group (Wooster, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by an Engineering Manager through an internal referral. The interview took about 45 minutes. Then after 3-4 weeks I was contacted from an on-site interview in Wooster, OH. The process included face to face interview with an engineer, the same manager, and finally an HR.
    At the end, a walk through the facility and a simple engineering and math test.

I received an offer in weeks. It is worth noting that the HR lady was extremely irresponsive meanwhile, to the point I assumed they have rejected my case.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      How do you know about LuK?
      Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wooster, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schaeffler Group (Wooster, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

Great interview. Very positive experience. Got to talk to a manufacturing engineer to learn more about the company and what processes they take within the company as engineers. Looks to be a prosperous co op experience.