Scheels Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.7

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Scheels.

Interview

I was interviewed first by phone then in person. When I went to scheels for my interview it was a great experience although you do have to take some sort of short test

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Scheels

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Scheels (Independence, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

I got a call to come in for an interview. took about two days. I was offered a job but they wanted me to work every weekend and holidays.

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Scheels (Fargo, ND).

Interview

There was an initial phone screening and then a one-on-one interview. During this first interview, I was asked questions, asked to complete a test; which included having to write a business letter, correcting misspelled words and solving simple math calculations. I was then called back for a second interview, where I was asked a few more questions by a different manager and told I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Generic interview questions; as long as you have work or team experience you will do great   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scheels (Eden Prairie, MN).

Interview

I applied online, then immediately received a call the following day for a phone interview that consisted of the questions that were filled out on the application. Next I was brought in for another face to face interview with HR. Then a for the 3rd and last interview I was brought in again. It wasnt till a week later that i was called in for the job offer.

Interview Questions

• The questions they asked were of the most general starter job questions that could stump only those with no work experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate nothing as it was strictly an entry level position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Interview

Very professional interview. One of the more involved and challenging ones I've had. It was a great learning experience.

The interview ended well and I never received any info since. Safe to say that left a sour taste in my mouth

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scheels (Omaha, NE) in February 2016.

Interview

Asked the common questions asked in an interview. Very friendly and made you feel comfortable. Be positive and confident in your answers, and show that you are the best person for the job. Also, be prepared to ask questions. It is a 2-3 interview process that takes time but it is worth it. Had to take a longer test type thing where you answer basic personality questions. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• What are your future goals? What made you chose us over competitors?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Scheels (Overland Park, KS) in June 2015.

Interview

I initially got a phone interview and was asked to interview in person as well. In the face to face interview I talked to two different ppl and the questions were not very difficult. Mostly about personal qualities, experiences, interests etc. After that I filled out the long form which consists of easy math, word definitions, a short business letter, and a few questions about goals and interests. The whole hiring process took about 4 days.

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Scheels (Overland Park, KS) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a fairly casual interview with questions mostly centered around previous experiences and personality traits. It took about an hour from start to finish, including a 30 minute aptitude test that covered basic math and grammar. They seemed mostly interested in how well you interacted with other customers in previous positions.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Scheels.

Interview

Applied online on a Tuesday. The online application consisted of basic info, work history, references, and about 6 basic questions about yourself. I included my resume and cover letter on the application. I received a call on that Friday which was a random phone interview/screen which asked basic work history question and some easy interview questions (Biggest weakness). They told me to come in for an in-person interview the next Wednesday. The first in-person interview was with a HR hiring manager and was about an hour. It was a pretty laid back interview which included a lot of questions about customer service and sales experience. After the interview I took an aptitude test which took me 45 mins to complete. It included spelling correction, grammar correction, simple sales math, writing a business letter, some questions about yourself, questions about products in the store, and then asked you to define about 8 works in relation to a retail business. If you graduated high school then you can easily pass this test so don't stress about it. The following Tuesday I got a call to come in on the next Friday for another interview with a assistant store leader. The second interview was just about getting to know me as a person and see if I would fit in with the staff there. The interviewer was very laid back. After that I took a drug test (oral swab), and about 2 days later I got a call saying they wanted to offer me the job. Dress nice (slacks and a dress shirt, clean shaven) and make sure you have a bunch of questions to ask because they seemed to like that a lot. Do background research on Scheels and their core values and be ready to talk about sports/outdoor activities. If you are prepared, honest, and genuine than thats the best you can do. They really look for people who will fit in with the Scheels culture.

Interview Questions

• What was the most exciting thing that has happened to you lately?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Scheels.

Interview

The interview process was intense. I never actually reached a point where I talked with a person. I filled out their application and then was asked to take a test.

Interview Questions

• The test included the topics of mental math, business communications, brand recognition, and sales strategies.   Answer Question