Schenker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schenker Interview Questions

3.1

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmer, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schenker (Wilmer, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a good interview but they low ball the positions for the amount of work they are requesting for the individual to complete daily. The department seems a little disorganized and not real flow to get tasks done.

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schenker (Greensboro, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

Very detailed. A lot of questions on excel functions. Understanding of accounts payable and accruals for month end were discussed. very pleasant atmosphere. Interviewer was very easy to talk with and express concerns to about the position and what they were looking for in an employee for that that job.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to manipulate data in Excel?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schenker (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Met with site GM & was asked ten standard interview questions about my experience. All very standard questions, nothing remarkable or difficult. I do know that site has grown substantially, and interviews are probably much more formal now, and most likely conducted by an HR professional now.

There was a multi-page list of interview questions for new hires when I left the company, and these questions ranged from simple and expected skills based questions to more complex behavioral questions. There are far more behavioral questions than skills based in the packet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about ______________ (specific experience listed on resume) ....   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schenker (Houston, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Very nice people; open communication.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to start with Temp agency as Temp to Hire?   1 Answer

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schenker (Freeport, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Forwarded resume to employer. Received call for an interview. Interviewed with IT
    supervisor and IT associate. Questions were regarding knowledge of freight forwarding
    and IT experience. Basic questions as to what the job responsibilities were on the previous job. Received call back for an additional interview including a verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Questions regarding IT support but mostly regarding service ability
      to handle and resolve users issues and requests over the phone.   Answer Question

Deputy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schenker (New Delhi (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

1st round was with HR for 2 hours then by regional manager for 2 hours and then final interview taken by Regional Director Then again it back to HR for final closing round
    Over all interviews round were very good and seems positive

Interview Questions

• it was on the business cases and cannot be elaborated here   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes negotiate was there and it goes for 2days and finally both settle down at a figure. Pls donot accept the offer blindly and negotiate the salary, but not too much that employer bound to think for other option of candidates

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schenker in November 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of a very intense phone interview conducted by the Sales Manager, lasting 2 1/2hours long. The questions were taken from the "STARS" interview method. I finally received an offer after 3 months of waiting. The salary that was offered did not represent the fair market value for an Account Executive in the Los Angeles area. Although I tried negotiating a higher, more feasible salary, it was not open for discussion. It was a take it or leave it type scenario.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want to get into field sales. In your words, describe a day in the life of a field sales rep.   Answer Question
    • See the "STARS" interview method. Sales manager was reading from a list of scripted questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

i tried negotiating a higher salary. It was a take it or leave it type of scenario.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schenker in June 2010.

Good