Schindler Elevator Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.8

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schindler Elevator Corporation (Morristown, NJ).

Interview

The interview went very well. I hit it off with the hiring manager on both past work experiences as well as personal hobbies. I was at the office for several hours, I was also introduced to the team I would be working with.

I was promised opportunities to travel to/work with the other international offices, which never panned out later.

Interview Questions

• Do you plan on committing "x" amount of years to this role.   1 Answer
    • Explain this concept of an elevator going up and down. (I don't recall the actual questions.)   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schindler Elevator Corporation (Morristown, NJ).

Interview

I applied for the Senior Engineer position. I was contacted by one of the reps 3 months later to set up a phone interview. The interview lasted about 40 minutes. He wanted to get an idea of my background and why I was looking for a career change. He said he'd like to setup an on-site interview for the Senior Engineer position, and he asked me to get back to him with my availability as soon as possible to get the ball rolling. I emailed him within an hour with available dates and times.

3 days came and went. On the 4th day I finally called his desk phone and work cell. No answer. Then I sent him an email. About an hour later I got a call from someone else in HR who said she was told I was asking about the interview (I'm not sure why my point of contact changed). She told me 1 of the interviewers was suddenly unavailable, and they needed a new set of available dates and times from me and then they'd set up an interview right away. I provided dates and times again.

I got an email with the interview agenda which listed the position as Electrical Engineer, not Senior Engineer which is what I applied for. I called HR to ask which position I'd be interviewing for. She gave me a roundabout answer and said whoever got the offer would be at an Engineer or Senior level depending on years of experience, so there's definitely potential to be a Senior Engineer (aka you're interviewing for the electrical engineer position).

The interview went ok. They said someone would follow up with me if I'm asked to come in for the 2nd round. I asked if I'd be notified if I wasn't selected, and she said no just follow up.

I followed up after 1 week. I emailed, I called, no response. It took about 3 weeks of chasing them down​ for someone to finally tell me I wasn't selected.

The entire interview process consisted of me chasing people from start to finish. Very confusing and disorganized. Although I'm disappointed not to be called for the 2nd round, I'm relieved this circus is over.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you didn't agree with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schindler Elevator Corporation (Hanover, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with the head of the department I was working in. Was a great conversation. Talked about my resume and my work history. I then asked what was expected of me and then took a tour of the plant.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schindler Elevator Corporation (Hanover, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

You get a tour of the factory and shown machinery and shown how each process works. shown a safety video before the tour. then sit down in conference room for interview

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schindler Elevator Corporation (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with the Sales and District Manager over coffee to discuss the opportunity, previous history with the employer, and how my skills may fit in to the organization as an individual contributor.

Interview Questions

• How could I help them grow their business in the marketplace, not just operate as an account manager and develop through organize growth   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schindler Elevator Corporation in November 2015.

Interview

Unprofessional at best. Had to reschedule my phone interview three times before it could be conducted, they never did anything on time and constantly needed to be reminded to complete tasks

Interview Questions

• mention a time when there was a person who you didn't know or get along with but had to use them to get something you needed?   Answer Question

If you are after money, Schindler is the place for you. If you favor communication, organization and professionalism avoid Schindler like the plague.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schindler Elevator Corporation.

Interview

I learned about the position through recruiting on campus at my university. Schindler was specifically hiring for summer temp positions and I was encouraged to leave my resume and they'd contact me within the next week or so, and was told to not be alarmed if it took a few days because the person who does this step was on vacation. Sure enough, within a few days, I received a call that they wanted to set up an interview with me.

The interview process was technically in three parts: meet with two of the call center supervisors, if they like you then you meet with the call center manager, and if she likes you then you participate in an online simulation to make sure you understand the basics of a call center and have basic math & language/reasoning skills. I left with the business card for someone at the temp agency who would contact me within the next couple weeks to let me know if Schindler offered me a job.

The whole process was very laid-back, and every step was well-communicated, so I was never kept in the dark about what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you've had a difficult situation in a group/team. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Schindler Elevator Corporation (Portland, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

The initial interview process was very slow and drawn out. HR would call and schedule an interview and a day or so later call back to re-schedule. Very informal at first, met at a Starbuck's, interview at local office was very formal felt like an interrogation not an interview.

Interview Questions

• What would I change at the current branch if I were to get the position?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Schindler Elevator Corporation.

Interview

One on one with regional manager. I showed to the office and only one of the three individuals I expected to interview with showed to the conference room. It was more a conversational interview and I asked many questions about the position.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schindler Elevator Corporation (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Following a phone interview with the program manager I would be reporting to for job-training, I had to travel for an in-person interview with the district and regional managers to which I would be reporting. Schindler covered all expenses and coordinated travel to and from the interview. The interview process was relaxed and aimed at determining that I was the right type of person for the role; no got-ya questions or confrontation.

Interview Questions

• What one experience or situation from my previous position of employment made me the most ready to take the next step in my career.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked for a requested salary and met my request.