Schindler Elevator Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 4, 2017

2.8

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schindler Elevator Corporation (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with the Sales and District Manager over coffee to discuss the opportunity, previous history with the employer, and how my skills may fit in to the organization as an individual contributor.

Interview Questions

• How could I help them grow their business in the marketplace, not just operate as an account manager and develop through organize growth   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schindler Elevator Corporation in November 2015.

Interview

Unprofessional at best. Had to reschedule my phone interview three times before it could be conducted, they never did anything on time and constantly needed to be reminded to complete tasks

Interview Questions

• mention a time when there was a person who you didn't know or get along with but had to use them to get something you needed?   Answer Question

If you are after money, Schindler is the place for you. If you favor communication, organization and professionalism avoid Schindler like the plague.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schindler Elevator Corporation.

Interview

I learned about the position through recruiting on campus at my university. Schindler was specifically hiring for summer temp positions and I was encouraged to leave my resume and they'd contact me within the next week or so, and was told to not be alarmed if it took a few days because the person who does this step was on vacation. Sure enough, within a few days, I received a call that they wanted to set up an interview with me.

The interview process was technically in three parts: meet with two of the call center supervisors, if they like you then you meet with the call center manager, and if she likes you then you participate in an online simulation to make sure you understand the basics of a call center and have basic math & language/reasoning skills. I left with the business card for someone at the temp agency who would contact me within the next couple weeks to let me know if Schindler offered me a job.

The whole process was very laid-back, and every step was well-communicated, so I was never kept in the dark about what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you've had a difficult situation in a group/team. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Schindler Elevator Corporation (Portland, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

The initial interview process was very slow and drawn out. HR would call and schedule an interview and a day or so later call back to re-schedule. Very informal at first, met at a Starbuck's, interview at local office was very formal felt like an interrogation not an interview.

Interview Questions

• What would I change at the current branch if I were to get the position?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Schindler Elevator Corporation.

Interview

One on one with regional manager. I showed to the office and only one of the three individuals I expected to interview with showed to the conference room. It was more a conversational interview and I asked many questions about the position.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schindler Elevator Corporation (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Following a phone interview with the program manager I would be reporting to for job-training, I had to travel for an in-person interview with the district and regional managers to which I would be reporting. Schindler covered all expenses and coordinated travel to and from the interview. The interview process was relaxed and aimed at determining that I was the right type of person for the role; no got-ya questions or confrontation.

Interview Questions

• What one experience or situation from my previous position of employment made me the most ready to take the next step in my career.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked for a requested salary and met my request.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schindler Elevator Corporation in January 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call about a week after applying. Phone interview was about 30 minutes long. I was told they would contact me within a month. I followed up via email, twice, and never received a response.

Field Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schindler Elevator Corporation (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly brief but straight to the point. The general manager was very polite and very professional. I felt very comfortable and felt right at home as soon as I started. I wish it could have turned into a full time position but he was also very clear that it was only temporary. I appreciate my time and experience here.

Press Brake Operator Interview

Interview

I'm a Lead Press Brake Operator for my company. I have over 5 years experience and 3 years with the Lead title. I attended Amada Press Brake school. I'm looking for a place to treat employees equal and not pressured . Looking for a career.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holland, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schindler Elevator Corporation (Holland, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

I was brought in through a temp agency to work for the call center. I went in and was asked about my experience by two 'supervisors' and then by the manager of the call center. This was a fairly simple process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customers?   Answer Question