Schlotzsky's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Schlotzsky's

1.8

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schlotzsky's (Auburn, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was my first interview ever. It was easy to fulfill the qualifications of the employers because of previous volunteer work. I was able to relate to the company based on past experiences.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlotzsky's (Victoria, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

It took no more then 10 minutes, and the lady asked basic questions to hire. Literally anyone could've crapped out answers and she wouldn't have cared. She just wanted people to start work pronto

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for me?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlotzsky's (Mesa, AZ) in March 2019.

Interview

I went in one day after school and asked if they were hiring and the general manager gave me a form. I turned it in about 2 week ago, got a call last saturday to set up an interview for today. I went in at 4pm and was interviewed by the owner, who made my nerves die down. In the end he said they would call me if I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schlotzsky's (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

I was informed by a friend who worked there they were hiring and said I was interested. She called me two days later telling me to bring in an application. So I filled out an application and brought it in to the assistant manager and discussed with her my availability.

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schlotzsky's (Lawrence, KS) in February 2011.

Interview

Friendly and laid back not a tense situation like some interviews. The interviewers were prompt and courteous and very approachable. They did not drill you on your past they just basically wanted to know how I could be an asset to their company.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Schlotzsky's (Corpus Christi, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The GM was really nice. When I asked if they were hiring, the front counter girl immediately gave me a paper application. Then, she gave it to the the GM and set up my interview the same day That same day I went to orientation and started working on the second day. I went dressed sharp that same day. That's probably why I got a job interview.

Interview Questions

• If I hire you what difference can you make in the company that I should hire you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got fifty cents more on my hourly wage because I stated my experience in the fast food area.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlotzsky's in February 2014.

Interview

I put in an application at the insistence of two friends and was called about a week later. I was interviewed twice. The first interview was lead by a shift manager. She was very friendly and wanted to know how I felt about customer service. She told me exactly what she wanted to hear, and then asked a question about it, and all I had to really do in order to do well on the interview is just repeat her in other words. I made a decent first impression and felt confident about getting a call back, which I did. The second interview was led by the general manager, but he had a way of making himself scarce even with appointments made, and I ended up forgetting some documentation. This meant that it took a fairly long time for us to follow through. I see this problem in most new people that come for interviews during my shift. When we finally did get around to it, he was a very upbeat and energetic, and imposing person. He has a way of intimidating you into allowing him to lead the conversation, even as he's smiling and laughing and giving pep talks. Behind the show it was clear that he had very serious expectations of me, and he took every opportunity to remind me that he ran a tight ship. But for the most part he was just screening me, I had the feeling that I had already been hired, but he wanted to know about my working habits and what I was like as a person.

If you see yourself as a professional and take your work seriously even in the food service industry, then it shouldn't be hard to find work at Schlotzsky's. They will expect you to be self motivated with customer service as a first priority followed by professionalism.

Interview Questions

• I only vaguely recall what they asked about, I was mostly grilled on how I approached customer service. It is a very customer oriented job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to push for 9.00 but he would only give me 8.00, on the grounds that they were going to be giving out raises in coming months and that I would probably get one if I worked hard enough. This turned out to be a bit of a mistruth.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlotzsky's (Corpus Christi, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewing personal was very nice we went over the job description she asked about my also asked about my ability to adapt to different people also was in willing to work any hours or days I told her I would be able to work with different people I said I was willing to learn new positions and meet new people I was hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• Can you adapt to various positions   1 Answer

Finisher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Schlotzsky's (Humble, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was brief , didnt ask valid quetions, hired everyone that showed up. we walked in, sat down for a few minutes, talked casually, and then that it, it was over.

Front Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Schlotzsky's (Austin, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

met with one manager. very nice. lasted thirty minutes, offered job. two days later sent me to a clinic for a drug test. once I got my negative results back I started the next week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation