Schlumberger Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Design Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Schlumberger

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in September 2008.

Interview

Standard process. Had an on-campus interview, followed by several on-site interviews.

Interview Questions

• A puzzle. Create 4 equilateral triangles from 6 matchsticks of equal length   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Basic HR interview questions on getting to know your person . Asked questions about my previous work experience. Some technical questions about the courses I took. what skills and qualities from my previous work would be applicable to the job position i was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self. stress vs strain curve. scenario questions to access your leadership skills   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger in September 2017.

Interview

On campus interview, mostly behavioral with a technical question at the end. Want to see your thinking process more than just the correct answer. They want your answers in STAR format, try not to get too off topic or they will stop to get you back on track. Almost all behavioral questions dealt with a past project , be sure to have one in mind

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

A 45 minute interview with 5 different Managers lasting technical, mostly STAR type interviews evaluating your ability to tackle design problems. Hiring Manager Allen was very sharp and the Director of Engineering was quite Knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate an example from your last job to prove a problem solving skill that you have?   Answer Question
    • Some fundamental questions in Engineering like material properties and selection, manufacturing types etc;   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through college career fair. I was called upon for the interview inside college itself.
    A basic interview regarding behavioral questions and some projects based on the resume.
    There was no reply after that

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger in September 2017.

Interview

It was an on campus interview with one interviewer. There was several basic behavioral questions with two technical questions at the end. It was a very laid back interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Austin, TX) in September 2018.

Interview

Standard interview process in the engineering career center office. Mostly behavioral in nature with one technical question, with some emphasis on the rotational period. Some of the topics included moving between positions and roles within the company, communication, and the collaboration in the role.

Interview Questions

• Given two pipes of the same length but different diameters of the same material, pressure is increased in each until they reach failure. Which pipe fails first?   Answer Question