Schlumberger Electrical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.8

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX).

Interview

The process was pleasant. I went the info section on campus and hand in my resume. Most students who went to the info section had already gotten an interview the next day(They probably got it during career fair). I got a email later that day that ask me I can come to interview the next day. The interview was only one on one for about 45 minutes. Most of the questions are about my projects(Maybe couple behavioral questions, but should be easy enough that I don't remember).

I got an email couple days later asking me for onsite interview at Houston, TX. The trip was two days. First day included a tour of the sugar land campus, dinner with some of the engineers who are going to interview us the next day. The first day was casual and lots of social. The second day include one presentation and 4, one hour, one on one interview. The interviewer are generally from your area. some of them may not familiar with your expertise, so they will ask for behavioral questions. The ones who know your area will ask your more technical questions. Every interview were more like an conversation. It reduced a lot of the nervousness. Just do a review what you learnt and what you presented. I mess up one question about one part of my project(and it was asked), technical question. I think that was my biggest deduction of the whole interview.

Interview Questions

• behavioral like why schlumberger. technical like draw a root locus when system is stable.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX).

Interview

phone interview, and day and half of interviews. Four to five manager from different groups interview the candidates. It is up to then the questions and the subject of the interviews. It can be personal or technical staff.

Interview Questions

• depends on the manager who interview you, technical staff   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

I got the internship through career fair at Georgia Tech. I my resume at their booth during the career fair. Same day I received a call for an on-campus interview. There is only one interview for selection of interns. The result comes out within three-four weeks.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2014.

Interview

There were 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite interview. The first one was a human resources interview followed by a technical interview, which was conducted by the hiring manager for that role. These were followed by an on site interview where multiple sessions were held to check technical knowledge, problem solving skills and general aptitude.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions, questions to check your aptitude and your problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Received interview at university career fair. Interviewed with amlumnus from the same major. Discussed some courses previously taken and other behavioral queations. Then answered technical questions on white board. Questions were fairly fundamental and included RC circuits, to op-amps, Fourier transform, and circuit design. Most complicated question involved the Central Limit Theorem. Not too bad. Very cordial.

Interview Questions

• What is the Fourier Transform of a box? Of a triangle? Infinite amount of boxes convolved with each other?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Sugar Land, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

A "Métier manager" at SLB was looking for a specific profile at the PhD level, found my resume online at my university website, and then contacted me directly.

First-round on-campus interview: 30 mins.
    Second-round at-SLB interview: 1.5 days including 45-min research presentation, 1-on-1 with future manager and colleagues.

Decision made within days following second-round interview.

Interview Questions

• Interview was very technical, they invited discussion of my PhD work, but there were no "technical quiz" questions -- I hate those even though I do well in them, so the experience was positive.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First is online application which is relatively quick to finish. It does not involve any essay or covering letters, so just submit your cv and fill some information then there you are.
    Afterwards, I was invited to the assessment center that held in the Gatwick office. This test included presentation skill test (you will be asked prepare a presentation about your background, personal experience, as well as description about yourself). Then, you will have two tests (quantitative skill test and basic electrical engineering test). At the end of this section, you will be interviewed by the HR person. It mainly revolved around your leadership and technical project experience, and question what do you know about the company. Also, he asked me why I choose the position in R&D, would I mind to work in the field (I said that I do mind because I apply only for R&D job).
    The final stage is interview session in the R&D center. This would be my workplace if I got accepted. My advice is, prepare yourself about the technical skills and knowledge as much as you can. You will be challenged of some technical questions, about both of your projects and selected topic from interviewer. In the case when you think you cannot answer it, just don't show your nervousness. Try to approach the question gently to avoid yourself from further difficult questions.
    I was cut on the last stage. However, it was a very good experiences. I got the response a week after my last interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you unique?
      Why Schlumberger?
      Revise your past projects thoroughly before coming to the technical interview   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume on a career fair in my school in Singapore, got invited for the first round of on campus interview, which was more on the personality aspect. I got to share some stories about the exchange programme I went for and a few projects I have been involved in the past. A week after I was invited to the assessment center which consists of some group activity, impromptu speech and technical interviews with a panel of managers.

Interview Questions

• The hard part was the technical related questions from the panel who are themselves engineers. They will pick a project from your resume and ask you to elaborate in extensive details like pseudo-codes, functional diagram, electronic circuit etc. So, be prepared!   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2013.

Interview

Quite straight forward with questions about past experience and qualifications. I received an offer about two weeks after the interview. There was one very simple exam paper during interview with simple circuit questions to test the fundamentals

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

I got a email about interviewing on campus. The person there was nice, and did not ask me many technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a tough issue in your school experience and how you accomplished that.   Answer Question