Schlumberger Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.7

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

The first interview was for 30 min on campus. It was basically going over the resume. On site interview has tour of the company and consisted of 3 1:1 technical interviews. This interview was part of women in technology conference. The company looks for very smart people and the work load is seemed to be very high. This position was for an Electrical Engineering position.

Interview Questions

• What are the various things to account for to convince the business department and the production department about a new product as an engineer from the design department   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very interesting & different compared to a 9-5 job. You immediately sense that you aren't applying for a traditional job; rather, you're honored to have been selected to have an opportunity to a unique career path - one full of opportunities, challenges, and personal development. It's not for everyone but they disclose all the downsides of the fixed-step program.

Interview Questions

• How do you determine if the light switch works in a refrigerator with the door closed?   6 Answers

Negotiation

There's not much to negotiate. This is a large corporation that has predetermined the pay and the recruiters are well- trained to place you in a compatible segment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

Got a call from Schlumberger and was asked the following question:
    1) Briefly explained some of the content (mostly research related) of my resume
    2) What is teamwork for you? and give an example
    3) Why Schlumberger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

I applied on the website of the company and I had a phone interview 3 weeks later. The interview was mainly about my resume and my internships. No technical questions.

Examples of questions: do you work well under pressure? What did you learn from your previous internships?

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Sugar Land, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

College recruit, on-site intervew

Interview Questions

• technical question (related to physics principles in major) but not too difficult   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

The interview was completely non-technical. The objective was to evaluate personality traits, such as ability to handle stress, work in a multi-cultural society and tough field environment. The conversation is largely vague and conventional behavioral questions are asked. It helps to prepare for the interview by thinking of illustration of personality traits associated to the resume. It helps have a detailed resume and it isn't uncommon for the interviewer to walk-through the entire resume and experience.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an instance where you have worked with little or no guidance/instruction.   Answer Question
    • If you believe your boss is wrong , how would you tell him?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in November 2008.

Interview

There was an interview process for a group; including several group challenge projects, a tour of the training facility and training driling rig as well as a presention of various positions within the company. The group interview included explicit information on compensation and benefits proposed drilling technical school for 18 month process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation where you encountered a safety issue with a co-worker and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Less money than current position.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in January 2008.

Interview

My interview started with a presentation to a group of people from at three departments as they are interested in my expertise. Then it's a 1:1 interview and discussion with these personnel. Overall, it was quite positive for me because I could know more about this company.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions actually. If I have to choose one, it will be "why do you want to leave your current employer?"   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

The first round is just the behavioral question given by HR only. Basically most of the questions come from my resume. Therefore, be prepared for every point in the resume, especially those experience which can show your teamwork ability, leadership skills, ability to adjust new environment, engineering project/work experience etc. The questions are not difficult generally, so try to keep the whole conversation in a relaxing atmosphere!

Interview Questions

• How you adapted the new environment when you went for exchange? How you resolve the team conflicts?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

1.First round HR Interview, mostly general questions, last about half an hour
    2. AC, a whole day, including plant tour, and a panel interview about half an hour, as well as a game evaluation
    3. final round, conditional, ask you about what position you want to do