Schlumberger Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.7

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

The interview process was fairly casual. I met with with 3 managers that asked basic questions about my experience and knowledge of the company. It was a friendly environment and I felt very at-ease.

Interview Questions

• Basic technical questions regarding the laboratory technology   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Pretty straightforward interview process. Spent a little time with HR covering the basic questions and mandatory stuff, then spent 20-30 minutes with each of the engineers on the team I ended up joining. Nothing too technical but asked questions back and forth about what the job would require and if I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Nothing in particular stands out, but had to be able to talk a little about my technical abilities as they would apply to some of the tools the team used.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Interview

Asked several technical questions about my mechanical engineering background. Questions included basic statics and material propertise. Mostly basic classes information. They were extremely nice and asked about my former projects.

Engineer Interview

Interview

Initial communications were very clear and professional. I received a call from the recruiter following our in-person conversation at a career fair. Several weeks from then I received a call from an actual employee and was interviewed for a specific position. Then I attended the recruitment day where along with other candidates. Each of us delivered a technical presentation, we also played several team-building games.

Interview Questions

• Try to be yourself - I wasn't sure what was required during games but I believe it was important to demonstrate leadership together with teamwork.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Two step process. First interview with recruiter. Then a full day interview which covered presentation, team work and team competition.

Interview Questions

• The interview was not a problem, the hard part was the next step of the selection process. Team work solving tests and competitions, and the presentation of any subject, and being prepare for whatever task they ask you to do that day.   Answer Question

They took couple of months to give me an offer and I took another offer to go to grad school.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview first, then in person interview. The company will cover the transportation cost if not local. There will be a site tour during the interview. Be prepare in advance on the company background and some behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Brain tweezer question. Some instant challenge to check your problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Face to face interview with hiring manager, basic skills test. The skills test consisted of basic math, physics and chemistry questions. There were a few questions which were oilfield specific but not utterly difficult to figure out. The hiring managers were very good at explaining the duties of the position and their expectations.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel to remote locations of the world at very short notice?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Submitted online application and got a call within a week. It was a telephonic HR interview. Questions were based on resume and standard questions on strengths and weaknesses. He asked if i would be interested hardware design and nothing out of the blue or unexpected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview with the person under whom I will be working, if employed. It was very general, about my resume and work experiences and what kind of skills I have, willing to relocate etc etc.
    Then I was contacted again after a few weeks and was asked if I will be interested to fly to Houston for an interview. I said ok and scheduled a date. The interview was scheduled for the complete day, from morning 8 to evening 4. I was greeted by the same person, whom I will be working and then he took me to his office and asked me if I would like to have something to eat/drink. Very friendly conversation, I did not feel like it was an interview. then he started to talk about the work he and his department is into, and he showed me some of the tools they work and what kind of work I will be doing if hired. Then I was introduced to one of his group member and he explained in detail about the work he is doing and the scope of work for me. then we had a plant tour and met a few people. then I met a manger from other department who interview me for about 30-40 mins. he asked simple question, about my work/experiences and asked me a few situational questions like what will you do if some kind of problem arises, how did you handled a tough situation/challenge at work etc those kind of question and I was sent back to the 1st person again. Then we headed out for lunch with one of his group member for about 40 mins. then we talked for some more time about Houston, development in houston, how companies sustained in Houston during the tough economic times etc and then went for a walk within the company to meet few more people from various department. Everyone was very friendly, it was all casual talk, what did I study, where did I graduate from etc.

The main purpose of the interview is to make ourself comfortable with the environment and people of their company. Atleast that's what I felt and feel.

So guys be yourself, positive and confident. If you are easy going then its good.

Interview Questions

• There was no such thing as difficult question. You will have to ask questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Got a 1:1 interview after the campus recruitment. Got selected for the final round of interviews at their Stechnology center. the final interview consisted of a presentation of my project and 3 1:1 interviews and it was positive experience though I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where your boss gave you a task and you did not want to do it?   1 Answer