Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2018

2.9

670 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2018.

Interview

I applied through online and got offered the phone interview by signing up the slot on the spreadsheet they sent. Phone interview consisted of typical questions and tried to see if I can deal with hard situation. They offered a second on-site interview few days later and I'm preparing for it.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with people who went against you in the team?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online. I was then contacted for a phone interview and then asked to a three-day interview on-site at their headquarters.

The first interview is fairly basic - mainly behavioral questions. The second interview is more focused on teamwork and learning about the company and field engineering position. You meet with the recruiting team (composed of former field engineers) and during your second interview, you are asked about with product line and location you prefer and why. If you're not familiar with oil and gas, it may be helpful to do some research into the product lines so you can make an informed decision.

The interview process was took about two weeks or so, but the offer letter is not supposed to come until another two to four weeks (I requested mine early due to a conflict with another company).

The recruiting team was super friendly! I would take full advantage them and ask as many questions as possible.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Got phone interview after 2 weeks of application. Was invited for second interview following week of phone interview. My second interview is in OK. i am still preparing for second interview, hopefully i will get this position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as Field Engineer?
      Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a someone who had opposite personality
      Tell me about a time when you faced a failure
      Tell me about a time when worked in group   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Second round interview: was flown out to Tennessee and they showed us around an actual site. The interview session lasted 2 days and was conducted in a group of ~30 people

Interview Questions

• Very short 15 minute interview at the end of the 2nd day   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

30 minutes. Asked behavioral question and a "what if" scenario. They went through my resume and when there was something pointed out the rest of the conversation went from there.

Interview Questions

• On the first day of the job your going to do a lot of rudimentary tasks. Why do you think thats the case?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (San Antonio, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

phone interview behavioral question took less than 10 minutes. after that you get an email to set up the 2nd round of interviews. 2 days first day introduction and break the ice with other applicants. second day site visit and exit interview

Interview Questions

• who are you most proud of and why ?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Brought me out to San Antonio, Texas for a site tour of a fracking operation. Stayed in San Antonio for two nights. Several team building exercises were implemented as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (State College, PA) in February 2018.

Interview

They asked quite a few questions in the first round interview. They are basically trying to see if you can handle the stress and how you react to situations. Pretty simple process. Going for a second interview in April.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you can up with a creative solution to a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Baton Rouge, LA) in February 2018.

Interview

First interview was on campus shortly after a career expo. It was shorter than expected because they were running a little behind. Two interviewers asked me a few standard "get to know me" questions followed by 4 or 5 STAR style behavioral questions. Two weeks later I was invited to a second round of interviews in late March.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time that you went above and beyond was was asked of you.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you failed to complete a task.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time that you made a mistake.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger in February 2018.

Interview

I had a 30 minute interview for a Field Engineer Intern position. The interviewer was very easy to talk to, but she told me upfront that there were many candidates and very few openings.

Interview Questions

• What made you choose to apply to this position and company?   Answer Question