Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.9

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Was called in for an interview after a university career fair. The interview was one on one and lasted thirty minutes. Mainly logical and technical questions, little behavioral questions. Felt rushed.

Interview Questions

• If you are sitting on a boat with an anchor, and you throw the anchor overboard, does the water level rise or fall?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I attended the career fair and the infomation session later on, and received a interview the next day on campus. if I passed the interview, I am going to take the onsite interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Sugar Land, TX).

Interview

Phone interview, then they flew you to Sugar Land, TX.
    You present in front of PMs, recruiters and other candidates! then there is a team building activity.
    The next day they take you to the rig,then the final interview.

Interview Questions

Got a better offer from another company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

There was a career fair at my university, where the recruiter came and talked about the company and conducted the standard behavioral interview. Then, there is an on site interview where you are with a group of potential hires. You are put into groups before and have to present on one of the different segments of Schlumberger. Next, they talk about the segments, filling in any missing details and about the work life. We then did a group activity that was fairly stress free. The next morning, we went to an actual oil field to see what the work was like and talked to the people on site to answer any questions you might have. We had lunch and an exit interview talking about which segment we would rather work in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It was an in person interview at my college. It was brief only behavioral questions nothing technical for the first round. There was about 10 general questions and a couple work situational questions. This was my first interview for a job and it was a great experience. They were not harsh and very straight forward with their questions.

Interview Questions

• Whats do you consider a long day ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume at school career fair. Contacted shortly after for on campus interview. Interview was 45 minutes of basic behavioral questions and whether or not I understood what the position entailed.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed on campus, it was brief only 20-30 minutes. Mostly behavioral questions, describe a group experience, etc. A scarcity of available jobs was made clear the night before in an info session.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Midland, TX).

Interview

Process lasted around 2 weeks. 1st round was in person. It was behavioral and some resume questions. Next you would be invited to the day long interview at a site. Here, the meeting starts at around 6 PM with some presentations and group activities. You have to give a presentation and then finish up with more activities. The meeting ends late (around 2 AM). Next morning, you go a rig site and understand different sectors of the position. You come back and do exit interviews. There is a final dinner and its done.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Talked to SLB at career fair. Applied online, and heard back for interview on campus 2 days later. Interview went well. Got invited for a 2nd round of interviews a week later.

Interview Questions

• Why Schlumberger, why field engineer? How did you deal with a conflict in group?
      Where do you see yourself in the future?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2016.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. The recruiter asked general behavioral questions. The second interview lasted two days. The first day consisted of team building exercises and a lot presentations. The second day consisted of a rig site visit and exit interviews. During the exit interviews, we were asked about the segment we were interested in working in and why.