Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2017

647 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Tulsa, OK) in November 2017.

Interview

First interview is a phone interview. Very basic. They will also try to sell you on Schlumberger in the first interview. The lifestyle isnt for everyone so they want to know if you want to work a tough schedule.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience studying abroad.   1 Answer
  • What is your back up plan if you dont get a job by graduation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Lubbock, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

There was a two step interviewing process, the first being on campus following a career fair. The basic interview questions were asked. The second interview was a three day process where they test you mentally.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Straightforward, Basic Behavioral Questions. I got interviewed through the University's Career Fair. The interview was 20-30 mins, Basic questions. My 2nd interview is in 3 weeks. They reply back very fast (within 1 week, sometimes 2 weeks)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

Interview

Applied in-person and online. Received an email 2 weeks later to interview on campus. Questions were mostly focused on candidate behaviour and leadership roles. After 3 questions interviewer asked if the candidate had any questions for them. The entire interview had to be no longer than 30 minutes as stated at the beginning of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you overcame a technical problem?   Answer Question

Field Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Attended campus career fair, where I met with a recruiter who encouraged me to apply online. One week later I got a call scheduling for an on-campus interview. The interview consisted of behavioral and specific questions about Schlumberger, so understand the company .

Interview Questions

• Why Schlumberger?
      Describe a time you did something wrong in the field.
      Describe a time you had hands on experience.
      What do you know about what Field Engineers do?
      Are you willing to travel/commit to your job/not being home often?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Denver, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview. There were about 5-6 representatives from the company in various rooms and they were seeing maybe like 50 + people that day. The interview slots were supposed to be 30 minutes, but they were running about 15-20 minutes late by the afternoon. The person who interviewed me had no idea what was going on recruiting wise, and supposedly entered all the information I gave her into a laptop computer for some other recruiter to go over. I had questions about the job at the end of the interview, but she told me we were out of time and I could ask them later on if I made it to the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your favorite job from your resume and what you liked about it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2017.

Interview

I got my first interview on campus which consisted of all behavioral questions and my resume. I got an email a week later inviting me to the next round interview which will be held in Oklahoma City.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Berkeley, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on campus. It was all behavioral and team based. Overall a very pleasant experience. Be sure to know about company culture and values- they ask about interests align with their vision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work in a group and whether or not you were successful.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

After phone interview from third party recruiter went to Oklahoma City. Didn't wear a suit. Group style. Went to some well sites and a yard. Went drinking with the recruiters and fellow interviewees. Be yourself

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be here?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Got the interview from a campus recruiting event. Shortly after, I interviewed on campus for about 20 minutes. About a week later, I received an email regarding a second interview. It was a 3 day interviewing process. First night is intros, presentations (you have to make a short group presentation with the group youre assigned), and some ice breakers. This goes on until about 2 am. The next morning you head to a rig and do a tour of that then you come back to the hotel and do exit interviews followed by a group dinner.