Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Schlumberger

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Tulsa, OK) in September 2014.

Interview

Had a very easy interview. I was asked mainly behavioral questions. The interview was very laid back. I felt like I did great and now I am waiting to see if I made it through to the second interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Went to my school career fair and talked to Schlumberger. After that, they scheduled me an on campus interview. The interview was short and did not consist of any behavioral questions like I expected. They just went over my resume and asked me if I had any questions.

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Started with an on-campus interview where most questions were basic character questions you'd encounter at any interview. They did through one problem solving question out at me though. This is for the field so make sure you seem eager about getting your hands dirty and that you recognize that working for this company is a completely different lifestyle.

The second interview is where they fly you out with a group of other field engineer prospects. They give you a ton of information about the different segments in the company. You give a group presentation over one of them. You get to go out to a rig and see the equipment. The exit interview at the end is only 10/15 min and they basically just want to know which segment you want to work for and why.

Interview Questions

• Say you have a beaker of 8 ml that is full of water, and a 3 ml and 5 ml beaker that are empty. There are no measurement markings on any of the beakers. How would you measure out exactly 4 ml of water in the 8 ml beaker?   3 Answers

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Flown out to Bakersfield, CA. They keep you in a hotel and spend days interviewing, describing what they do and showing you the types of work they have out there. Very up front and blunt about the job hours and requirements, but in a helpful way. offered 60,000 to do open hole wireline

Interview Questions

• They assign you a group and ask you to describe a field that they assign to you. It is very difficult to find the technical information they are looking for online.   Answer Question

decided to continue schooling, also semi low offer

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

I had experienced four steps until I got my offer. First, on the career fair, introduce yourself and hand on the resume. Second, you are asked to accomplish a paper test. Then you will have the group interview. At last, a group task

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview was a weekend long process. A group of about 20 interviewees were flown out for the weekend. We were split up into five groups ahead of time and told to create a presentation based on the topic they assigned us. When we first arrived we spent the entire afternoon and evening giving presentations, being asked questions, and then being given the same presentation from the Schlumberger perspective. We were kept up until about 2:30 am and then we were told we needed to be ready to catch the bus to visit a job site at 7:30 am. After the job site tour we were given a presentation on the job benefits package and then we all had individual exit interviews. The entire weekend was extremely informative.

Interview Questions

• We were split up and asked to assemble a catapult from pencils, rubberbands, and a plastic spoon.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2014.

Interview

The whole interview was over the course of 2 days. I arrived at 5pm and we started out be giving introductions. Then we went right into teams giving their presentations on their assigned segment. This went on until about 2am on the first night. Next day we woke up at 7am and went to a well site and to a facility. After that, we had exit interviews, then went out for dinner.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2010.

Interview

Everything is a test, be ready to stay awake for 24 out of 30 hours. take naps when you can, but never around the interviewers or anyone who currently works for them, be very interested and involved otherwise they don't see you as a good "fit"

on the same note, if it does not seem like a good fit - DON'T TAKE THE JOB, there are many other jobs with more forgiving hours and better work/life balances

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Met at Career Fair on campus and interviewed on campus within a few days. On-campus interview was standard behavioral questions. A few weeks later they flew me out to Midland, TX for an on site interview with about 20 other candidates. There's a long day of powerpoint presentations and some group problem solving exercises they have you go through. Then they take you out to an active site and give you a tour. Interesting and fun experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you ran into a problem and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

The interview was long and exhausting. But, it was very informative and the whole event felt very personal. I enjoyed the process. The presentations also helped me decide which part of company I feel as though I would have been a good fit for.

Interview Questions

• They didn't necessarily ask how I would act, they saw through team building activities.   Answer Question