Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.9

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger in January 2013.

Interview

1 st technical interview (knowlegde test), next the assesment day, we there is a personnel presentation and group test. the test was on two phases. the first parte on a test center and the second phase on thier offices.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankara (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Ankara (Turkey)) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a 3 day process. Including me, ten new graduates were invited to the interview. A lady who is the recruiter, presented a presentation about the company, the benefits of being part of schlumberger, health and safety issues etc. In the second day we presented a fifteen minutes presentation about ourselves. At the end of the presentation we were asked several questions depending on our presentations. In the last day there was a group job at which we tried to build a bridge with a limited material. It is supposed to be around 1.2 meter high and 40 cm long. I dont remember the exact numbers and it is made from paper. Later on there was a 1 to 1 interview at which we were given a pressure gauge that was dismantled and we were supposed to put the parts together in a given time.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rangoon (Burma)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Rangoon (Burma)) in May 2012.

Interview

A lot of steps to pass through to get a job. The interview process took 3 days. When i did the interview, there were more than hundred but just few people get the job.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bandung, West Java (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Bandung, West Java (Indonesia)) in October 2012.

Interview

first is one by one interview, we have to take our turn with another hundreds participants, usually there are lots of interviewer.
    the first one is a simple question asking for our way of thinking about something in general, the objective is to know the way we act or think, and the level of our english speaking as it is mandatory for the training program.
    second test is IQ test, about math and physics, some people need to study, some people dont.
    third test if forum group discussion
    fourth test is interview with HR
    fifth test is interview with senior employee

Interview Questions

• thesis, similar working experience during college, our personalities and competencies   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (New Orleans, LA) in October 2011.

Interview

Brief presentation at University, followed by a phone call, followed by an interview with recruiter and current field engineer. After this I was flown to New Orleans, LA for a full weekend. Friday night we watched/gave presentations, did team building exercises and technical challenges until 1am. Woke up 5am Saturday morning to do site visits, meet current engineers, ask questions about lifestyle, work etc. Drove back to New Orleans, had dinner, went through final presentations/screening process and then completed our final interviews which were panel style (3-1), mine lasted 30 mins approx. Others were anywhere from 10-45, I finished at 2:30AM that morning. It was incredibly challenging, but also a fulfilling experience. I received an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• How hard/how many hours a week are you willing to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

lots of testing and personality evaluation to see if you fit the job i.e. can you fix your own lawnmower, work on your own car. Can you get your hands dirty while using the calculator. It is a field service company. you cannot do the job with your face in a laptop

Interview Questions

• when they say they are going to demonstrate a tool for the prospects and it's time to rig the tool up- it's not about the tool - it's about who puts on the gloves and helps rig it up!   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Milan (Italy)) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed at Schlumberger in June 2014.

I attend a group 2 days assessment. The first day was for company presentation, 3 aptitude test (logical,mathematics and mechanical tests). The second day started with personal presentation of each candidate ( weakness are really important, be carefull), then two group exercises and face to face interview. During the interview, you have to assembly a valve in 5 minutes watching the technical draw.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (San Antonio, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Interviewed on campus first, selected for second interview in San Antonio. They gave us a schedule about a week beforehand, unlike Halliburton and Baker Hughes who keep you in the dark. We were assigned group presentations about a specific PSL (wireline, coiled tubing, etc.), and presented the first night. The first night was basically an overview of the company, along with a team building activity, and the previously mentioned presentations. We started at 6pm, and didnt end until 345 in the morning. We had to be dressed and ready by 630 to visit one of their field locations the next day. This field visit was very cool and getting to see an actual rig site is helpful. The day ended with a 15 minute exit interview and dinner. The exit interview is the last opportunity for you to make an impression and preference your location and product service line. I was offered a position at this stage, but that is not necessarily a common occurrence (I had several pending offers), and it can take a while for them to get back with you.

Interview Questions

• How would you distinguish two different cups of water if you had to pour both of them into a large bowl   1 Answer

I had better offers, not willing to commit to the required lifestyle, did not receive my location preference

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in June 2012.

Interview

Basicly the interviewer ask about family background and stuff. After that, your achievement at campus life. Why do you want to work at SLB? and what do you wanna be in the next 5 years

Field Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2011.

Interview

The first thing I did was a maths/pkysics test in 45 minutes and 20 questions some easy, some hard. The next step was a 1:1 Iinterview with the recruiter and the last step were a 2day procees with visits to the base and group activities and tests. 3 days later I was called to an extra interview and then was accepeted as an IOM in India.